Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

They could have simply incinerated Beast and be done with it.

Today's issue was a let down. It was hyped as a big story for Colossus but that falls flat when we see him being manipulated by Mikhail and Chronicler. The Beast segment was decent, he finally had to pay a price for his arrogance. Black Tom was by far the best part of the issue. As usual the art was on point. I usually like Percy and have mostly enjoyed both X-Force and especially Wolverine but this one didn't live up to the hype.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    They could have simply incinerated Beast and be done with it.
    And then they could have brought him back using an 80’s backup… even early 90’s. Before the Legacy Virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    And then they could have brought him back using an 80’s backup… even early 90’s. Before the Legacy Virus.
    Thats not how the resurrections work and i would be more problematic to resurrect him with whole chunks of his life missing

Once upon a time Colossus armor protected him from outside influence.

colossusprotection.jpg

i'm just saying.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Thanks! I take the son hasn't even been mentioned? Who is the kid's mom? Maybe using her would've added more depth to the fridging, lol.
    The kid's mom is one of the natives in the Savage land who looks like this. Kayla's skin color is purple.

Last edited by ericng; 10-13-2021 at 09:48 PM.

"Russia is a country of constant, violent change. Of sweeping political and artistic evolution." Lol, I wish. No Russian would think like that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I skimmed through it and there's a part where Mikhail is screaming at the writer about him not writing what he's told to write or something like that and I thought...that seems a tad meta on Percy's part considering his X-Force book hasn't felt connected to the others in any way for a very long time and has been coasting along just doing its own thing.
    It wasn't until reading your post that this feeling of detachment clicked. I couldn't articulate why this book felt the way it did, and then I read this and yeah, its taking place LITERALLY in/on Krakoa, and yet S.W.O.R.D. in outer space feels more connected/attached.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Once upon a time Colossus armor protected him from outside influence.

colossusprotection.jpg

i'm just saying.
    Here's why Colossus was "protected" from the Inferno's influence:

BANNED

Mind-controlled into betraying his friends and murdering his girlfriend.

Standard for the character really.

Writers only tend to use him to put him through the ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    "Russia is a country of constant, violent change. Of sweeping political and artistic evolution." Lol, I wish. No Russian would think like that these days.
    Someone pointed it out last issue, but the stereotypical Russians are not it.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 10-14-2021 at 07:20 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like his Wolverine okay, but this book is really so bad at times that it’s making me really nervous for X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine which I really want to be good.

But I have to say, this was one of Percy’s weakest issues yet. I just did not care about anything that happened or anyone that it happened to at all. Boring, uninspired stuff unfortunately.
    Because he only has to focus on one character. It's like if an X-writer has to use more than 3 characters, everything falls apart. Percy's Swords of X tie-in was good and the Piotr/Domino was ok as well.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The kid's mom is one of the natives in the Savage land who looks like this. Kayla's skin color is purple.

They should've used her. Colossus goes to the Savage Land to see his son who is doing well due to his mom being a leader on the island. The son thinks Colossus abandoned him and the mom is the one to help them reconnect (there is no romantic connection btw the two anymore). The mom meanwhile is shown as a hard worker who sacrifices for her people and especially her son. Then we have the possessed Colossus murder her.

Since she had a story and purpose outside of Colossus, that would've saved it from being a fridging right?

It would've also created long lasting and dramatic consequences for Colossus.

And for Colossus it would've been more devastating to murder the loved mom of his son

what was up with Black Tom shouting "Mayo for Sam" while diving into Beast's stomach? I can't for the life of me figure out what that was supposed to mean.

Fantastic Member

Another flop issue of X-Force, and this is the guy people want to replace Hickman? Lmao.