Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default X-Force #24 review

Black Tom helped Beast vomit out the nesting dolls inside Beast's body after a wild chase through his body.

However, one slipped through and was inside Beast's eye, Beast poked his eyeball out to destroy the last nesting doll.

Peter Rasputin's brother, Mikhail Rasputin forced another Russian mutant called Chronicler who apparently can make his writing come true to control Peter's mind.

Kayla is a mutant who developed a friendship with Peter by cultivating Krakoa drugs.

Peter went back home one day and found Kayla crying. She was crying because Peter was trying to sell some paintings about his plan in Krakoa. (it seems like he is painting some secrets about Krakoa or plan to destroy Krakoa? not sure about this). Peter is the puppet of Mikhail who is going to be a traitor to Krakoa.

Peter then killed Kayla by hugging her tightly so that she would not leak out his secrets.

The last panel saw Prof X visiting Peter at his house....
    Last edited by ericng; 10-13-2021 at 09:35 AM.

The best part was Beast taking out his own eye. He deserves this and so much worse.

Peter killing Kayla would be emotional and shocking, but it lacks gravitas due to the resurrection protocols. She may not come back but we don't know she won't.

Mighty Member

I read today's issue just for Colossus (usually I avoid this book). So who is Kayla? Is there anything to her than just being Colossus side piece in the Savage Land? And why does Colossus want to destroy Krakoa? He makes painting of his plans to destroy Krakoa? What? Is the big moment that he's betraying Krakoa because he's being "mind controlled" or that he killed a female character whose only purpose was to be fridged? Also, doesn't Colossus have a son in the savage land? Is Kayla the mom?

Ugh. I can't believe this guy will write the sequel to HOX/POX once Hickman is gone.

This was a little bit predictable, but not totally. It was fun to see Beast take his own eye. You can see how lost he is. Kayla dying did not feel so shocking because we didn't know a lot about her, I even think Percy wrote her to make us believe she was a villain, so I never liked her. I'm curious to see what Charles wants with Colossus, that was a good cliffhanger for me.

Percy said this was going to be one of the biggest stories about Colossus and all, but it was just ok. I don't feel a lot of excitment for this book honestly. I really hope they change the writer, although I'm not sure they would. The art was very good, I wish this artist could continue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I read today's issue just for Colossus (usually I avoid this book). So who is Kayla? Is there anything to her than just being Colossus side piece in the Savage Land? And why does Colossus want to destroy Krakoa? He makes painting of his plans to destroy Krakoa? What? Is the big moment that he's betraying Krakoa because he's being "mind controlled" or that he killed a female character whose only purpose was to be fridged? Also, doesn't Colossus have a son in the savage land? Is Kayla the mom?

Ugh. I can't believe this guy will write the sequel to HOX/POX once Hickman is gone.

I have edited the review to answer some of your questions. Kayla is not his son's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    This was a little bit predictable, but not totally. It was fun to see Beast take his own eye. You can see how lost he is. Kayla dying did not feel so shocking because we didn't know a lot about her, I even think Percy wrote her to make us believe she was a villain, so I never liked her. I'm curious to see what Charles wants with Colossus, that was a good cliffhanger for me.

Percy said this was going to be one of the biggest stories about Colossus and all, but it was just ok. I don't feel a lot of excitment for this book honestly. I really hope they change the writer, although I'm not sure they would. The art was very good, I wish this artist could continue.
    It all just came across rather flat didn't it. There's not enough build up to care about Kayla or to care about the relationship that Peter and Kayla have. Good writing doesn't just tell us how important something is, it shows us. And I feel like all we got was the cliff notes version.

Not feeling this story for colossus at all and kind of ironic kayla tried to throw shade and ended up buried underneath it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Didn't the writer also fridge Jean over in the Wolverine series?

I have edited the review to answer some of your questions. Kayla is not his son's mom
    Thanks! I take the son hasn't even been mentioned? Who is the kid's mom? Maybe using her would've added more depth to the fridging, lol.

Was this the issue that was hyped up for Piotr? It was boring AF

Kayla is a girl who was implied to like Colossosus. She's appeared in maybe 5 pages prior to this issue. So she existed entirely to die to make Colossus look evil in this issue. **** off with that thing with female characters, Percy. I suppose its a good thing it doesn't matter at all because of the cloning.

And he's being controlled, that old X-men mainstay. They've been unclear with how much control the Chronicler actually has over people, so who really knows. But I'm tired of every time a character has reasons to dislike what's going on in Krakoa its because of an outside villain. Way of X, looking at you.

Didn't the writer also fridge Jean over in the Wolverine series?
    Low-key Domino too... she died in Colossus' arms asking to keep her memories, which he ignored, and we have yet to have another Domino POV issue since then. Not as blatant as the other two, but not great either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Low-key Domino too... she died in Colossus' arms asking to keep her memories, which he ignored, and we have yet to have another Domino POV issue since then. Not as blatant as the other two, but not great either.
    Yay! Can't wait to see how he writes the females when he does the XLives/Deaths of Wolverine story! What a disappointment.

Of the 05 who do y'all feel has it the most together Beast is honestly just sad to read how far he's fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Of the 05 who do y'all feel has it the most together Beast is honestly just sad to read how far he's fallen.
    In order:

Jean
    Iceman
    Warren/Scott - I'd say they are tied

Beast

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah, one of the reasons I've avoided this book. So over Beast being cringe.

I'd say:

Angel (rarely any drama with him)
    Jean (has it together but is still haunted)
    Scott (has it together but will always have self-doubt)
    Iceman (has it together but as a newly out gay he has a lot to learn)

Beast( just cringe)

I want the likable version of Beast back. :/