Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rosenberg's Piotr right before the current era was awesome and the direction they should have continued with him. For once, Piotr was actually fun
    Agreed! Rosenberg was very promising in Astonishing X-Men, Multiple Man and New Mutants: Dead Souls.

Mighty Member

Unless Colossus is going to put the smack down on his brother and finally wrap this storyline up, then this isn’t a Peter storyline. He has barely been in this book and no one cares about this girl in the Savage Land. This series started out strong, but wasted too much time killing Quentin and focusing on the plant people, that no one cares about Colossus that’s hardly been used. I love Colossus, but he gets done dirty every time.

It's a Colossus story, but it's just not one we're enjoying that much.

I think it's a bad one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm going to catch some heat for this, but I think the best of Percy's X-Force so far has been better than the best of S.W.O.R.D. The first arc was great imho. S.W.O.R.D has been good the whole run, but X-Force reached greater heights.
    After your post I went back and re-read this whole X-Force run. Now I think maybe I’m inclined to agree… up through issue #10. Then it kind of jumped the shark IMO.

Also, I really hope at some point we find out what Logan was going to ask Forge to build for him while staring at the vat of molten adamantium back in X-Force #4. Hopefully we find out in XLoW/XDoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    After your post I went back and re-read this whole X-Force run. Now I think maybe I’m inclined to agree… up through issue #10. Then it kind of jumped the shark IMO.

Also, I really hope at some point we find out what Logan was going to ask Forge to build for him while staring at the vat of molten adamantium back in X-Force #4. Hopefully we find out in XLoW/XDoW.
    I totally was enjoying X-Force for a while.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm going to catch some heat for this, but I think the best of Percy's X-Force so far has been better than the best of S.W.O.R.D. The first arc was great imho. S.W.O.R.D has been good the whole run, but X-Force reached greater heights.

BLASPHEMY!!!LOL,I have to disagree with you on this one.While I agree X-Force started off with a bang and had a great run for about 8-9 issues ,I don't agree they've reached greater heights than S.W.O.R.D.The first issue of S.W.O.R.D. had the 7 use their mutant abilities in concert to achieve a feat that has never been done when they not only reached the WHR but managed to procure a game changing material that'll affect the universal economy.They achieved that in the first issue and has been stellar until the last issue imo.That's 7 issues of above average issues during tie ins to forced events that were done effortlessly while maintaining forward progression on his stories.Compared to 24 issues of X-Force with 8-9 above average issues before falling off the rails and never coming close to reaching the heights of finding & obtaining Mysterium.I'm still in awe of the depiction of the mutant circuit reaching the WHR.I can definitely see some people enjoying the entire run but I don't think they've done anything bigger than acquiring Mysterium.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    BLASPHEMY!!!LOL,I have to disagree with you on this one.While I agree X-Force started off with a bang and had a great run for about 8-9 issues ,I don't agree they've reached greater heights than S.W.O.R.D.The first issue of S.W.O.R.D. had the 7 use their mutant abilities in concert to achieve a feat that has never been done when they not only reached the WHR but managed to procure a game changing material that'll affect the universal economy.They achieved that in the first issue and has been stellar until the last issue imo.That's 7 issues of above average issues during tie ins to forced events that were done effortlessly while maintaining forward progression on his stories.Compared to 24 issues of X-Force with 8-9 above average issues before falling off the rails and never coming close to reaching the heights of finding & obtaining Mysterium.I'm still in awe of the depiction of the mutant circuit reaching the WHR.I can definitely see some people enjoying the entire run but I don't think they've done anything bigger than acquiring Mysterium.
    Professor got headshot right after HoX/PoX. Blew my mind too. I didn’t know what was going to happen. Mysterium so far had been a McGuffin. I love S.W.O.R.D. but that metal was a made up plot device to give the mutants a seat at the table.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

It’s a solid debate: Are the best moments of SWORD > the best moments of X-Force, or vice versa? I can litigate it either way, honestly. Both series have their faults. SWORD was just constantly derailed by these cosmic events and couldn’t ever catch its stride. X-Force dragged on badly after issue #10 and just kept that Terra Verde “plant-people” plot going way too long, and unfortunately left Xeno (the series main antagonist and much more interesting than generic plant-people) on the sidelines. But in talking about just the highs? Man. That’s tough. That first issue of SWORD was soooo good. But the first arc of X-Force was awesome too. I’m just gonna call it a tie because I can’t really decide.

Astonishing Member

I'm a sucker for good scifi storytelling and the whole Mutant synergy thing so I have to give it up to SWORD the first arc in X-Force was pretty good though ending the first issue with the assassination of Charles Xavier right off the heels of HoX/PoX made it feel like X-Force was gonna be the flagship title and lead the charge in DoX. Didn't live up to that though.

BANNED

It’s a solid debate: Are the best moments of SWORD > the best moments of X-Force, or vice versa? I can litigate it either way, honestly. Both series have their faults. SWORD was just constantly derailed by these cosmic events and couldn’t ever catch its stride. X-Force dragged on badly after issue #10 and just kept that Terra Verde “plant-people” plot going way too long, and unfortunately left Xeno (the series main antagonist and much more interesting than generic plant-people) on the sidelines. But in talking about just the highs? Man. That’s tough. That first issue of SWORD was soooo good. But the first arc of X-Force was awesome too. I’m just gonna call it a tie because I can’t really decide.
    I think 10th issue was the stride when covid hit pretty hard. I cant really follow Ewing at all atm. He need half a dozen of books to tell his story and the books have become costlier than ever It is what differentiate Hickman from Ewing. His FF has everything that needs to be read with so many diverse round of characters. From Galactus to Inhumans to Namor to FF. It had everything in a single issue. Also I am a sucker of X-Force so yeah I liked it more but that doesn't mean it's close to the best at all.
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-20-2021 at 07:52 AM.

I couldn't wait for each issue of X-Force because I thought it was that good. One of my favorite X books in a while.

I don't quite feel that way with SWORD. Yet. Until Cable shows up of course lol. That will change my mind fast in which one I like better overall lol.

SWORD was great until the Gala IMO. I havent found the shift to Arakko and Storm to be particularly interesting

I could live with that. I agree that the Terra Verde dragged on way too long. Xeno is much more interesting.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    SWORD was great until the Gala IMO. I havent found the shift to Arakko and Storm to be particularly interesting
    Agreed!

10char

Well, X-Force is no longer the most disappointing X-book of the month now. So there's that.