Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Well, X-Force is no longer the most disappointing X-book of the month now. So there's that.
    Didn't read X-Force, but it'd have to go some to disappoint from my already rock-bottom expectations of it.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    It’s a solid debate: Are the best moments of SWORD > the best moments of X-Force, or vice versa? I can litigate it either way, honestly. Both series have their faults. SWORD was just constantly derailed by these cosmic events and couldn’t ever catch its stride. X-Force dragged on badly after issue #10 and just kept that Terra Verde “plant-people” plot going way too long, and unfortunately left Xeno (the series main antagonist and much more interesting than generic plant-people) on the sidelines. But in talking about just the highs? Man. That’s tough. That first issue of SWORD was soooo good. But the first arc of X-Force was awesome too. I’m just gonna call it a tie because I can’t really decide.

I can definitely agree with some of this.That first arc with X-Force and Xavier being shot was awesome and was one of my favorite books in the DOX era until about issue 8 or 9.As awesome as that arc was it was made redundant when immediately because we , the Readers, always knew he was going to be resurrected from jump.We didn't know how but we knew.I had kinda even forgotten about it until Wolverine12 mentioned it.I'm like Oh sh*t that did happen LOL.As loke13 stated though,that first issue of S.W.O.R.D. gave me all that I have been wanting & waiting for since HOX/POX ended.The combination of the sci-fi background,Schiti's gorgeous pencils,the writing,the characters & the best(maybe 2nd) example of mutant synergy sealed the deal for me.Maybe The 5 & their mutant circuit of resurrection is better but the way the mutant circuit was described,depicted & executed blew the 5 out of the water imo.Iv'e never brought more than 2 copies of any book but I got 5 copies of that book because it was that damn good:1 for me to read,1 for friends,2 for grading/reselling & 1 for reg collection.This is what I want from my comics.I feel that the quality was kept even through multiple events & feel that Ewing incorporated the events into his stories seamlessly but I can see others feeling disjointed with it.It helped that I followed the other events as well.That last issue was a letdown imo.Storm pulling one move & basically taking down an Omega mutant with the ability to alter your DNA after having not only your powers taking away but your DNA grotesquely altered ,with a stab,was a fail.I'd also rather them put out a Planet Arakko book instead of shoehorning them in.I love Arakko & Storm but I want to see more of this team and what they can do.All this to say I can see an argument for both also,but I lean with S.W.O.R.D.
    Last edited by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77; 10-21-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS