Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thank you, Kirby101, ed2962 and Iron maiden… (what impressive teeth… )
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Congratulations, Zelena! Also, thank you for the honorable mention. Thanks as well to Scott Taylor and Shalla Bal for the kind votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Congratulations, Zelena! Also, thank you for the honorable mention. Thanks as well to Scott Taylor and Shalla Bal for the kind votes.
    Thank you, Nschornhorst…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Congrats Zelena

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Shalla Bal for John Romita Sr.'s depiction of the lost loves of one's youth:

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower
    We will grieve not; rather find
    Strength in what remains behind.
    - William Wordsworth
    And thank you for the vote seismic-2...and also thanks for including these lines in your post, some of my favorite lines from poetry.

Congratulation to Zelena for a cover which if you don't love it the first time you see it, will grow on you, Thank you, I'll be here all week, Please bribe, errr, tip your judges generously.

As for what the captain has learned this week, he has been reminded that natural surrounding are indeed beautiful, but somehow lacking when put on paper (or a screen) as opposed to being experienced live. The settings all are important parts of the cover's appeal and it's portrayal of the story and the book's contents. Whether it's seeing the leaves turn colors as fall arrives or seeing plants visually return to life during the spring, we will be given please by getting off our butts, stop reading funny books, and going outside for some fresh air. Oh, take them funny books as the light is often much better outside.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?