Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who is Spiderman most under rated villain?

So PCN started a threat on which Spiderman villain is the most over rated and it led to some fun talks.

I thought it would be cool to go the other way. Who is Spiderman's most under rated villain?

For me I would say The Kingpin. Now I know he is mainly a Daredevil villain but he had some fun stories in Spiderman. And that fact that unlike most of the Spiderman big bads nothing really stuck to him. he was not having to escape out of jails and prison every couple of issues. in fact the only time I remember him being in jail during his time in Spiderman was in the Tablet saga. I really love when he brain washed Captain Stacy to steal evidence and Peter took the photos and made live really hard for The Stacys and put a strain on his relationship with Gwen making what kingpin had done much more personal for Peter.

Every time some one brings up The Kingpin they always go right to well he is a Daredevil villain mainly and just discount all the fun things kingpin did in Amazing Spiderman.

So who are your most under rated villains?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I love Chance and Swarm. Two C-listers, but way more fun for me to read than a few of Spidey’s A-listers.

Swarm: I love this goofy villain and think he’s totally underrated. A Nazi made out of killer bees… c’mon, what’s not to love?

Chance: his stories are just so much fun… gambling on the outcome of a battle. Plus, his look is so unique and cool. I like he doesn’t really give a crap about either side, and is only in it for the fun and the money.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I love Chance and Swarm. Two C-listers, but way more fun for me to read than a few of Spidey’s A-listers.

Swarm: I love this goofy villain and think he’s totally underrated. A Nazi made out of killer bees… c’mon, what’s not to love?

Chance: his stories are just so much fun… gambling on the outcome of a battle. Plus, his look is so unique and cool. I like he doesn’t really give a crap about either side, and is only in it for the fun and the money.
    You're not listing Hypno-Hustler even in this thread? Really disappointing .

Does White Rabbit count as underrated, because i really liked her in the Frogman issue from DeMatteis first Spec run.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So PCN started a threat on which Spiderman villain is the most over rated and it led to some fun talks.

I thought it would be cool to go the other way. Who is Spiderman's most under rated villain?

For me I would say The Kingpin. Now I know he is mainly a Daredevil villain but he had some fun stories in Spiderman. And that fact that unlike most of the Spiderman big bads nothing really stuck to him. he was not having to escape out of jails and prison every couple of issues. in fact the only time I remember him being in jail during his time in Spiderman was in the Tablet saga. I really love when he brain washed Captain Stacy to steal evidence and Peter took the photos and made live really hard for The Stacys and put a strain on his relationship with Gwen making what kingpin had done much more personal for Peter.

Every time some one brings up The Kingpin they always go right to well he is a Daredevil villain mainly and just discount all the fun things kingpin did in Amazing Spiderman.

So who are your most under rated villains?
    Mr. Negative. Why? It is extremely easy to jump on the negative that was the Dan Slott run, but he did create an excellent villain in Mr. Negative that I would rank just outside the top 10 villains.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You're not listing Hypno-Hustler even in this thread? Really disappointing .
    Haha… no, he’s rated quite appropriately.

I was always a fan of The Basilisk…:

Writers only gave lizard love to Curt Conners though. He has energy powers and alien connection to explore. Considering how redundant a lot of Spidey villains are (looking at you, Venom, Carnage, 8 bazillion other symbiotes), I think there’s room for another lizard guy.

Will O’ The Wisp always seemed cool…:

I liked him cuz his power was visually fun and he was someone Spidey couldn’t easily web up. He had a mad on for Roxxon, which could have made for good stories considering what all that Company gets up to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Mr. Negative. Why? It is extremely easy to jump on the negative that was the Dan Slott run, but he did create an excellent villain in Mr. Negative that I would rank just outside the top 10 villains.
    Mr Negative and Morlun are the only two enduring villains created in the 21st century, which is says something about the state of the books (and I don’t even like Morlun’s stories).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Mr Negative and Morlun are the only two enduring villains created in the 21st century, which is says something about the state of the books (and I don’t even like Morlun’s stories).
    I would even put Francine ( Lady Electro) over Morlun. I admit to being a hater of The Other, so that plays a role, but beyond that a good villain should be someone you love to hate ( Kingpin, Carnage, Norman etc), you feel some sympathy for ( Lizard, Rhino etc) or they are simply a great battle for the hero ( Kraven Otto, Mysterio and Electro ( Dillion) come to mind). Morlun is like Chameleon and to a lesser extent Vulture: All highly overrated and those three might actually be my most overrated villains.

Mighty Member

I would say The Spot, the guy would be a top level villain for Spidey if he was written as such a joke. If I could have any Spider villain abilities it would be Spot's. Most definitely underrated for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Does White Rabbit count as underrated, because i really liked her in the Frogman issue from DeMatteis first Spec run.
    I think she's the underrated wild card of Spidey's extremely small pool of female villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The best depiction and use of Negative is in the Insomniac game.

I know she got built-up real good during the Nicieza run on T-Bolts, but I always thought Joystick had potential...

Another one I found pretty fun is Cardiac. I have almost everything he has been in. I loved him in Superior Spider. I never tire of seeing him and seeing him in Jane Foster Valkyrie was a blast to see that he had not been forgotten by writers outside of Spiderman.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I would say The Spot, the guy would be a top level villain for Spidey if he was written as such a joke. If I could have any Spider villain abilities it would be Spot's. Most definitely underrated for sure.
    I liked him in his one appearance in the 90s TAS. Actually depicted how formidable he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's the underrated wild card of Spidey's extremely small pool of female villains.

The best depiction and use of Negative is in the Insomniac game.
    Generally cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know she got built-up real good during the Nicieza run on T-Bolts, but I always thought Joystick had potential...

Same here. Given her debut in the Scarlet Spider titles right before Ben's debut as the Sensational Spider-Man, I'd love to see her run into Ben again now that he's Spider-Man Beyond.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Another one I found pretty fun is Cardiac. I have almost everything he has been in. I loved him in Superior Spider. I never tire of seeing him and seeing him in Jane Foster Valkyrie was a blast to see that he had not been forgotten by writers outside of Spiderman.
    I know, right?! I feel the same about...

Mongoose