Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a great question.

My favorite villain is the Lizard, but he seems to consistently make top ten lists, so he seems properly rated.

I'd go with Fusion, from Paul Jenkins' run. That was a great first appearance, and there's potential in a vicious guy with all those resources.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Electro, Tombstone and the Enforcers.

I nominate The Iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sForever View Post
    Kraven: Complicated continuity
    How's his continuity complicated? He was an annoying pest, made Kraven's Last Hunt, killed himself, was resurrected, then showed up in random comics until he killed himself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah Synder revive The Rose
    Spencer, not Snyder lol.

Can only wonder what kind of nonsense Scott Snyder writing Spidey would be like... Then again, I doubt it'd be that different from Slott's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I am glad the Rose has been brought back, not sure what type of threat he's been since coming back but I like him. Spidey with mafia foes is a fun angle.
    I don't think he did anything so far lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How's his continuity complicated? He was an annoying pest, made Kraven's Last Hunt, killed himself, was resurrected, then showed up in random comics until he killed himself again.

Spencer, not Snyder lol.

Can only wonder what kind of nonsense Scott Snyder writing Spidey would be like... Then again, I doubt it'd be that different from Slott's run.

I don't think he did anything so far lol.
    Excuse me, Kraven has an illostrious carreer as a Squirrel Girl's enemy, is offensive to overlook that, granted i didn't read Squirrer Girl, but still.....

If he means Scott Snyder, it would be less about fixing continuity and more about adding something to Peter's backstory or the Marvel Universe backstory that has been never referenced or alluded before him and is the most important thing evah, it has always been this way!!!! .
    Strangely, i think that Wolverine would have been like homenfor him, because his characther can easily adapt to his nonsense.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

I'm gonna agree with whoever said The Spot cuz of his powers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Excuse me, Kraven has an illostrious carreer as a Squirrel Girl's enemy, is offensive to overlook that, granted i didn't read Squirrer Girl, but still.....
    I think he redeemed himself there and stopped being a villain, which Spencer's run subtly references:

(ASM#22 vol 5).

If he means Scott Snyder, it would be less about fixing continuity and more about adding something to Peter's backstory or the Marvel Universe backstory that has been never referenced or alluded before him and is the most important thing evah, it has always been this way!!!! .
    That makes it sounds like Snyder is the one who wrote Batman: Hush lol.

Strangely, i think that Wolverine would have been like homenfor him, because his characther can easily adapt to his nonsense.
    Yeah, guess it could work for him, though Wolverine kinda limits all of the silver age nonsense Snyder so clearly loves lol.

Then again, guess the villains could compensate for that...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'd go with Fusion, from Paul Jenkins' run. That was a great first appearance, and there's potential in a vicious guy with all those resources.
    I thought about this guy, but I always loved the reveal that Ock was playing him the whole time when he betrayed and almost killed him. It's a bit hard to come back from that but characters have been redeemed from worse*.

Shame it was then very quickly wrapped up rather than used to relaunch Ock as a major threat.

*edit: I googled him and it turns out Jenkins killed him off in a Thor miniseries in 2011.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is a great question.

My favorite villain is the Lizard, but he seems to consistently make top ten lists, so he seems properly rated.

I’ll never understand why Fusion didn’t catch on and become a recurring villain. He’s much more interesting than a couple that did *cough* CarnageAndMorlun *cough*… IIRC he had one further appearance in another Jenkins story in which he got wrecked by Doc Ock, I think.

Jenkins created one of my favorite villains from that era in Fusion and also one of my most disliked in Type-Face, who I guess lives on as sort of a meta joke like Big Wheel, Facade, and my own glorious namesake, Hypno Hustler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’ll never understand why Fusion didn’t catch on and become a recurring villain. He’s much more interesting than a couple that did *cough* CarnageAndMorlun *cough*… IIRC he had one further appearance in another Jenkins story in which he got wrecked by Doc Ock, I think.

Jenkins created one of my favorite villains from that era in Fusion and also one of my most disliked in Type-Face, who I guess lives on as sort of a meta joke like Big Wheel, Facade, and my own glorious namesake, Hypno Hustler.
    I love Jenkins' run, but Typeface...ugh. And the story was pretty dark too IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Electro, Tombstone and the Enforcers.
    Gotta say, I had no idea who Tombstone was until SM:TAS used him, and dang... that was really good. He's tough, strong, and not an idiot.

My pick is Lady Octopus, but that's mostly because she got dumped after her original story arc. Great character concept, not used much. :/

The Looter is one of the few Lee/Ditko villains who didn't become an iconic part of Spidey's rogues gallery. If I had to guess, I'd say the uninspired name had a lot to do with it. If he had been called the Meteor or something like that, he might have caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    The Looter is one of the few Lee/Ditko villains who didn't become an iconic part of Spidey's rogues gallery. If I had to guess, I'd say the uninspired name had a lot to do with it. If he had been called the Meteor or something like that, he might have caught on.
    In Marvel Team up the second time he appeared he did change his name to Meteor Man. I think it was just a one off for those two issues. Cant remember if he stuck with that name when he teamed up with Bill Foster Giantman to fight The Looter.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    Dezago used him pretty nicely IMO

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Gotta say, I had no idea who Tombstone was until SM:TAS used him, and dang... that was really good. He's tough, strong, and not an idiot.

My pick is Lady Octopus, but that's mostly because she got dumped after her original story arc. Great character concept, not used much. :/
    I did once have an idea to revamp Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus as a villain that would have brought her VR-focused storylines from the 90s into a more technologically plausible modern context, at least for the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.