Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Another one of his c listers I loves was The Prowler. Hobbie Brown. I loved the purple suit (It was funny how much purple there was in Marvel) I loved when Spiderman beat him the first time he just let him go. Seeing he was just a confused kid and not really a bad guy.
    Hobie was cool, and I loved how he turned his life around, by and large. Hoping his turn as the new Hornet (since Miles Morales's Uncle Aaron is Prowler in the popular consciousness now thanks to Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac's Spider-Man spinoff game) means he can come back soon. (Also, still waiting on Hobie and Aaron to meet at some point, even if it's just in a flashback.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

i think Calypso is

Fantastic Member

Nowadays Roderick Kingsly the original Hobgoblin, been following comics for 11 years and he's not had one story in the spider-man books. he showed up just before issue 700 but to follow the comics for over a decade and not see my favourite villain (can thank the 90s animated series for that lol) featured once is very disappointing.

Definitely, my next choice would be Richard Fisk (A.K.A. The Rose):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Richard_Fisk_(Earth-616)

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-15-2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my next choice would be Richard Fisk (A.K.A. The Rose):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Richard_Fisk_(Earth-616)

Well he's back in the land of the living

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well he's back in the land of the living
    Of course he is. In a world where Betty Bryants Brother comes back from the dead they are not going to leave The Rose on the Shelf
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Of course he is. In a world where Betty Bryants Brother comes back from the dead they are not going to leave The Rose on the Shelf
    LMAO yeah.But they kinda made a big deal and brought him back via the tablets rather than clone/impostor/magic BS so there's that IG.

I'll nominate Schizoid Man.

Way too many to count.

Morlun's first appearance remains a great tale, even though I think he was dramatically spent by the end and should not have been brought back, in hindsight. A mysterious, big monster who won't stop, saying it's nothing personal yet very clearly enjoying himself in a sadistic way. He and Dex played off each other well also (whatever happened to Dex anyway?).

As far as older ones go I liked the original Tarantula. Gratuitous, dubious Spanish aside, I liked the boot gimmick and the fact he was an ordinary guy with training.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Way too many to count.

Morlun's first appearance remains a great tale, even though I think he was dramatically spent by the end and should not have been brought back, in hindsight. A mysterious, big monster who won't stop, saying it's nothing personal yet very clearly enjoying himself in a sadistic way. He and Dex played off each other well also (whatever happened to Dex anyway?).

As far as older ones go I liked the original Tarantula. Gratuitous, dubious Spanish aside, I liked the boot gimmick and the fact he was an ordinary guy with training.
    Dex was there as a cheap gimmick so Spider-Man won't kill Morlun at the end. A shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Dex was there as a cheap gimmick so Spider-Man won't kill Morlun at the end. A shame.
    Yeah true I guess. However I enjoyed the idea that Morlun was this elderly being who wasn't all that adjusted to modern times and had him around as a slave/vassal.

When he turned out to be an interdimensional creature, the need for a regular dude to be around him at all times in a single universe became retroactively silly.

I will agree with Shocker, Spot, Rose, Prowler, White Rabbit, Hydro-Man, and Hobgoblin.

I liked obscure older villains like Basilisk and Will O Wisp, but not for Spidey.

I also was into Tombstone when he debuted.
    Silvermane, too.

I always thought Puma was more popular.

Jack O Lantern is someone who probably would be a top Batman villain.

Gotta think She-Venom will make a comeback.

Overrated:
    Rhino as a Spidey villain. Much better vs Hulk.
    Silver Sable in general.
    Carnage- literally "What if The Joker became Venom"? and was created as a farce.
    Lizard- all thanks to McFarlane, I guess.
    Vulture: was replaced early on because he's so old, yet the classic version is always focused on
    Kraven: Complicated continuity

Richard Fisk is back? Also is Betty's brother Bennet is back? What about Mark Raxton/Molten Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Richard Fisk is back? Also is Betty's brother Bennet is back? What about Mark Raxton/Molten Man?
    Yeah Synder revive The Rose
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Swarm was said right away. Some type of modernizing on this foe to make him more menacing would be cool. His look is cool. Maybe the bees absorb an additional conscious is taken in by the bees?

Tarantula, another one I'll second.

I am glad the Rose has been brought back, not sure what type of threat he's been since coming back but I like him. Spidey with mafia foes is a fun angle.

Spidercide-everyone's 3rd favorite Parker clone
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime