Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Y'know who I forgot until this very moment?

Sundown.

I liked him. Cool costume. Sympathetic.

If I remember correctly, he was introduced in an untold tales kind of a thing, and then immediately showed up again in that year's ASM Annual -- then, probably, never again.

-Pav, who'll have to look into it...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. Given her debut in the Scarlet Spider titles right before Ben's debut as the Sensational Spider-Man, I'd love to see her run into Ben again now that he's Spider-Man Beyond.
    My thoughts exactly. Who knows, maybe they could even bring back...

The Great Game
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Great_Game_(Earth-616)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Another one I found pretty fun is Cardiac. I have almost everything he has been in. I loved him in Superior Spider. I never tire of seeing him and seeing him in Jane Foster Valkyrie was a blast to see that he had not been forgotten by writers outside of Spiderman.
    Cardiac's pretty great as both an anti-hero and an anti-villain, insofar as he does have good intentions and righteous motivations, especially when you account for how in real life, people have gotten more aware of how wealth and power tend to enable bad people to get away with ruining (if not flat-out ending) other people's lives, so his anger at the injustices that often result from that is perfectly understandable, even if his methods aren't the most condonable. (Aside from his appearance in Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man where he threatens to blow up a hospital while holding the workers hostage to make a point about corruption in the pharmaceutical industry, but that's neither here nor there.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Belladonna, for someone as tied to Hobgoblin, I’m surprised they didn’t try to at least give her more to do then Mendel Strom… There’s something interesting about someone who uses various gasses (and in comicbook super science they could do ANYTHING), also there would be the novelty of having a villian who is generally freaked out by that bug eyed Spidey outfit.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd definitely second The Spot. Dumb name but fantastic power set. Even if used in a more functionary role, e.g. the guy who can get get other villains in/out of wherever, he could have a stronger place in the Spider-man mythos.

The few times Shocker has had a chance to shine he has shown he's a proper threat.

I was always a fan of Doctor Lady Octopus. I'm glad Marvel is finally embracing more second generation characters and it's great that she's finally getting some love.

Here's one nobody really gives a damn about - I liked Vladimir Kravinoff, The Grim Hunter. He looked cool (an updated version of Kraven), had a decent motivation and I enjoyed watching him trying to grow into his father while being consumed by his dark legacy. I also liked his relationship with Gregor. It was a shame he was cut down to bolster Kaine. Maybe that was always the plan but who knows with the mess of the Spider-editorial at the time.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Sundown.

If I remember correctly, he was introduced in an untold tales kind of a thing, and then immediately showed up again in that year's ASM Annual -- then, probably, never again.

Someone else who remembers Sundown! I liked him.

The Spots powers if they decided to write him as the real threat he could be would be amazing. He could be this great assassins that can get in and out of anywhere no matter how guarded. He could run a business where he could get bad guys out of jail any time he wanted. A master thief securing hard to get objects. I mean the dude could be a lot of fun to work with if any of the writers gave have a damn about trying.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I think I would say Hydroman.

Extraordinary Member

The Spots powers if they decided to write him as the real threat he could be would be amazing. He could be this great assassins that can get in and out of anywhere no matter how guarded. He could run a business where he could get bad guys out of jail any time he wanted. A master thief securing hard to get objects. I mean the dude could be a lot of fun to work with if any of the writers gave have a damn about trying.
    Agreed, he did have a upgrade to coyote in DD and Peter had a one shot in which he owned him.Peter's power set and skills make it diff. for Spot no matter how good he is, but he could be a very dangerous asset in a team scenario vs Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think I would say Hydroman.
    Hydroman should really be taking advantage of water crises around the world.

Hydroman should be raking it in with global warming in play.

Astonishing Member

I've always loved The Spot. One of the first comics I read as akid was his debut and I liked his design and powers a lot

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Sundown.

I think it was an Untold Tales Annual shortly before the Annual you're referring to

Lash, Riot, Phage, & Agony seem rather underrated.

Another one of his c listers I loves was The Prowler. Hobbie Brown. I loved the purple suit (It was funny how much purple there was in Marvel) I loved when Spiderman beat him the first time he just let him go. Seeing he was just a confused kid and not really a bad guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.