Mighty Member

Default Superman Leaving JL

In the Current Action comics i heard Superman left the JL.what issue was that

Incredible Member

Action Comics 1035. From what I hear, the Justice League comics haven't caught up with that yet (or they're plain ignoring it).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Action Comics 1035. From what I hear, the Justice League comics haven't caught up with that yet (or they're plain ignoring it).
    I hope they ignore it, personally. IMHO, only one version of the JL has ever worked without Superman and that is the BWA-HAHA Beetle/Booster/Fire/Ice/Guy era. Every other version's always fallen flat.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm not thrilled about Clark leaving the JL, and going into space for so long.
    But he also has the Authority that will likely be an ongoing involvement when he returns. I'm ok with him only being on one team. It's inevitable he'll be back eventually, to Earth and the JL.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

He'll be back and probably as Superman. Best case scenario is there will be two Supermen in DC Comics. No idea how that'll turn out in the long run, more than likely Jon might be phased out whenever we get another movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    He'll be back and probably as Superman. Best case scenario is there will be two Supermen in DC Comics. No idea how that'll turn out in the long run, more than likely Jon might be phased out whenever we get another movie.
    Giving him a new code name would simplify things, and seems inevitable.

BANNED

he doesn't leave the JL, they kick him out. For the JL Superman it is only good if he says, -yes, sir-no, sir-, they imposed on Lex, now that he does not do what they want they kick him out, they have not been slow to turn their backs on him. The truth is that the best thing for the character is that it is outside the JL and outside of all comics that are not part of the Superverse, that way the writers on duty will only have to worry about their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Since the public knows Clark Kent is Superman, the new Jon Kent series won't last long. Jon will probably be forgotten in a year or so. I suspect there will be another complete DC reboot. I don't see any future in this current next generation.
    Last edited by captchuck; 10-16-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Since the public knows Clark Kent is Superman, the new Jon Kent series won't last long. Jon will probably be forgotten in a year or so. I suspect there will be another complete DC reboot. I don't see any future in this current next generation.
    As much as I loved 10 year old Jon, I hope you are right. This direction isn’t doing anything for me. It’s been a lull since Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    As much as I loved 10 year old Jon, I hope you are right. This direction isn’t doing anything for me. It’s been a lull since Death Metal.
    Yeah, you're right. Death Metal was fun. This new Superman/Jon series is as exciting as a Public Service Announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Death Metal was fun. This new Superman/Jon series is as exciting as a Public Service Announcement.
    I just wanted Jon, Damian, and Alfred in a garage band. Is that too much to ask for?

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

That would've been cool. And I know that scene wasn't intended to be serious, but I'm curious how kid-Jon got along with Alfred. The whole Butler/father figure thing that Damian came to accept and eventually love would seem strange to a boy raised on a farm.
    Last edited by Kevin Street; 10-18-2021 at 02:34 AM.