Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I love this book and Ewing is an excellent writer. But sometimes I get confused what book is really about.

Is it about SWORD's bureaucracy? Is it about mutants on space adventures? Is it about Arakko? Will it be about Ororo now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Also not gonna lie… I hesitate to say this but… although I’m firmly in the Ororo/T’challa camp and probably always will be… Cable and her would be a VERY hot, VERY efficient, and VERY powerful team/couple together lol. Dont know if I could get past her being his parents’ best friend/sister though and I do love what Ororo and T’challa represent as one of the only Black power couples in Marvel comics but just sayin… they’re hot together lmao. Similar personalities too. Between their powers, their experience, and their strategic minds? There’s really no threat they couldn’t face down. Just ask Bruce Banner lol.
    I kind of agree, but feel like the Ororo-T’Challa shippers would trash the pairing and hate it, and also that maybe that ship sailed back in the 90s. Plus Cable has recently been shown to be married to Esme Cuckoo in the future oddly enough, so I guess at some point the younger version of him and her link back up and get older together. Can’t really make that work in my mind with his existing timeline, though, so it’s kind of confusing. For that reason I bet it gets forgotten and treated as a variant timeline or something where he never went back to the future. Who knows? Time travel makes things pretty messy with the multiversal implications of it and whatnot.

But I do think Storm and Cable as good friends will be fun to explore in this book. So looking forward to that.

P.S.S- Fun fact, Cable(in a very sensually toned scene) back in Ororo’s 1996 mini series “Storm” described becoming aware of Ororo’s scent as “a natural sandalwood”. Which of course led me to seek out sandalwood scented things to see for myself years ago and now it being my own signature/favorite scent/essential oil.
    Interesting. Well, he is a soldier and a pretty accomplished tracker. So while he doesn’t have Wolverine or Sabretooth’s enhanced senses, I bet his sense of smell is pretty acute.

Attachment 114722

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Who knew cable was into sniffing underarms. lol
    In his defense, he grew up in a future where they were in a constant state of war with the High Lords of New Canaan and Apocalypse and I bet everyone smelled bad. So naturally he relishes in how good people smell in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I love this book and Ewing is an excellent writer. But sometimes I get confused what book is really about.

Is it about SWORD's bureaucracy? Is it about mutants on space adventures? Is it about Arakko? Will it be about Ororo now?
    I get intergalactic Game of Thrones with high SciFi.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    P.S.S- Fun fact, Cable(in a very sensually toned scene) back in Ororo’s 1996 mini series “Storm” described becoming aware of Ororo’s scent as “a natural sandalwood”. Which of course led me to seek out sandalwood scented things to see for myself years ago and now it being my own signature/favorite scent/essential oil.

Attachment 114722
    Ok that's really hot. Oof!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ok that's really hot. Oof!
    At one point Ororo might have to take Jean aside and be like, “Listen sis, it’s not my fault your kinda-son is a daddy. A girl’s gotta do what she’s gotta do.”

Incredible Member

Why Thumbelina, Ruckus and Boom Boom didn't get a redesing?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I get intergalactic Game of Thrones with high SciFi.
    That would be a surpreme story base for this book!

I'd love to see Vulcan turn bad again, dethrone Storm and become the leader of Arakko.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That would be a surpreme story base for this book!
    I'd second this , if I didn't doubt the writers being not up to the task.

Mighty Member

This book is consistently awesome. Even with tie-ins and crossovers. I think this is a great start at letting the universe know that Sol deserves a seat at the intergalactic table. This “mud ball” has done more amazing feats to protect itself, the universe and reality. Especially mutants. This book is definitely the perfect vehicle for mutants in space and finally having them interacting with the galactic side of the MU on a regular basis.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 064546.jpg

Here's another scan showing their flirty interaction. Storm and Cable were a would be couple I shipped hard back in the day. I'd love for them to be given a chance! They were teased, but nothing came of it in the past.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 064916.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-16 064950.jpg
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 10-16-2021 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Screenshot 2021-10-16 064546.jpg

Here's another scan showing their flirty interaction. Storm and Cable were a would be couple I shipped hard back in the day. I'd love for them to be given a chance! They were teased, but nothing came of it in the past.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 064916.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-16 064950.jpg
    She already has T'Challa whom Cable can't even compete with.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I’d say Cable could give T’Challa all he wants in terms of strategy, tactics, H2H combat, possession of advanced technology and weaponry, plus he has mutant gifts of powerful TP and TK. But then I think that perhaps you weren’t talking about competing with him in that sense, but rather as a romantic rival. In which case I don’t really care much as I think the relationship window for Ororo and Nathan has closed and he’s now firmly in the “friend zone,” which is fine. Just let them be friends and teammates. That’s cool with me.

I actually have a weird ship in my head where I’ve always wanted to see Cable and Dazzler as a couple, but now Spurrier has her with Dr. Nemesis so…

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d say Cable could give T’Challa all he wants in terms of strategy, tactics, H2H combat, possession of advanced technology and weaponry, plus he has mutant gifts of powerful TP and TK. But then I think that perhaps you weren’t talking about competing with him in that sense, but rather as a romantic rival. In which case I don’t really care much as I think the relationship window for Ororo and Nathan has closed and he’s now firmly in the “friend zone,” which is fine. Just let them be friends and teammates. That’s cool with me.

I actually have a weird ship in my head where I’ve always wanted to see Cable and Dazzler as a couple, but now Spurrier has her with Dr. Nemesis so…
    I think Dazzler would make a bad ass addition to SWORD. Often underestimated powerhouse and combatant. Though personally I think there is some potential with him and Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'd love to see Vulcan turn bad again, dethrone Storm and become the leader of Arakko.
    Why? Care to Elaborate? (No argument just genuinely curious why)