Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d say Cable could give T’Challa all he wants in terms of strategy, tactics, H2H combat, possession of advanced technology and weaponry, plus he has mutant gifts of powerful TP and TK. But then I think that perhaps you weren’t talking about competing with him in that sense, but rather as a romantic rival. In which case I don’t really care much as I think the relationship window for Ororo and Nathan has closed and he’s now firmly in the “friend zone,” which is fine. Just let them be friends and teammates. That’s cool with me.

I actually have a weird ship in my head where I’ve always wanted to see Cable and Dazzler as a couple, but now Spurrier has her with Dr. Nemesis so…
    Cable and Dazzler would be HOT!!

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks so.

I know there are already a ton of characters in this book but I would really love to see Marrina join and Lyja guest.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I know there are already a ton of characters in this book but I would really love to see Marrina join and Lyja guest.
    Ooh, I'd love to see an exploration of Marrina and her current status as pretty much the dominant Plodex on Earth (and there are others, and a crapload of their technology, which, with the self-styled 'Master of the World' out of commission at the moment, defaults to following the commands of someone with her Plodex DNA and her, apparently fairly unique among earthly Plodex, fully developed sapience). Oh, and a former queen of Atlantis, although I'm pretty sure that Namor would like to forget that whole phase of his life...

But yeah, this book has already got a ton of moving parts...

And Lyja, wow, so many Skrull-centric events have just sort of skated past her and avoided all mention of her. She's either been done incredibly dirty, or been truly clever and foresighted to keep herself clear of all that drama. In my fan-brain, she's off somewhere living her best life, raising a kid that Johnny Storm would be flabberghast to find out they had together.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I believe they all died. The first two a long time ago and Magique during War of King by Adam Warlock, so do not expect them soon.

Though there are Gueardsmen who are suppose to be still iliving but barely used, like Webwing, Blackthorn, Commando (very interseting as he is Kree) and N'Rill'Iree
    There's supposed to be backups for each of the guard. Like after the main smasher, there's a whole smasher core. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if there were other black lights etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/10/14/...f-s-w-o-r-d-9/

Love seeing Sam and that the Shi'ar are getting an official embassy.
    Foreshadowed tension between Brand and Storm? I love that Cable is "number two" and running things on the Peak.
    (Text in image one is a bit blurry so zoom in)
    I'm sure Deathbird is wondering if they have any summer home for rent on Arakko.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Cable and Dazzler would be HOT!!
    You don't want her with Mushroom Head?
    My flag is bacon.

By the way, is this issue actually coming out today?
    I was looking at some covers at Comixology earlier, and I noticed that the only X-Book listed for this week (besides X-Men Unlimited 8) is X-Men: The Trial of Magneto 3.
    It seems that S.W.O.R.D. 9 and Wolverine 17 have both been delayed due to distributor / delivery problems.
    Bleeding Cool's report on it: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/yes-...ere-expecting/
    Does anyone know if this is just a hardcopy problem or does it affect the digital books as well?

Comixology has it listed for next week. Looks like it got delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Comixology has it listed for next week. Looks like it got delayed.
    Aw that's saddening.

I needed something to cleanse my pallet after TOM #3. Book is so..so bad.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Aw that's saddening.

I needed something to cleanse my pallet after TOM #3. Book is so..so bad.
    Not here for the old lady? lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    By the way, is this issue actually coming out today?
    I was looking at some covers at Comixology earlier, and I noticed that the only X-Book listed for this week (besides X-Men Unlimited 8) is X-Men: The Trial of Magneto 3.
    It seems that S.W.O.R.D. 9 and Wolverine 17 have both been delayed due to distributor / delivery problems.
    Bleeding Cool's report on it: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/yes-...ere-expecting/
    Does anyone know if this is just a hardcopy problem or does it affect the digital books as well?
    I’ve read some reports about how there’s actually a paper shortage due to the surge in e-commerce and all the boxes required for shipping, so I wouldn’t expect this to be the last time comics are delayed honestly. Unless they’re willing to go ahead and release digitally and not require the release dates to be driven by the printing and distribution of physical copies.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm sure Deathbird is wondering if they have any summer home for rent on Arakko.
    I think she is more likely to wonder about how that one Summers being back and what happened to their child.....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

This looks so good! So glad adult Cable landed in this book, and love the fact that he’s already moved into the Acting Commander slot… better watch your ass, Brand! Ha.

I hope it’s coming out next week and not two weeks from now, and also hope we find out what’s next for this book post-Inferno in either this month’s solicits for January (which should be out soon) or, more likely, November’s solicits for February books. A Storm-Cable run X-men team would be badass and takes me back to the 90s, in the best possible way, so fingers crossed those rumors are true.
    I was thinking about the last paragraph of your post, and I wonder if that might be part of the reason the numbers are low for this book. The team alignment first of doesn't quite pop. Cable or Bishop would have been better leader if Storm is going to be planted in Arakko. If Cable then a mix of his X-Force team along with Eden and Tempo. Second I don't why they are trying to jam a narrative for Arakko instead of just dedicating a new title and let Storm be the anchor for it.

I’ve read some reports about how there’s actually a paper shortage due to the surge in e-commerce and all the boxes required for shipping, so I wouldn’t expect this to be the last time comics are delayed honestly. Unless they’re willing to go ahead and release digitally and not require the release dates to be driven by the printing and distribution of physical copies.
    The fellow at my local shop said that they had been given the heads up as to this being an occasional issue coming up.