Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It was a poor writing choice but that doesn’t mean that Evan deserves an automatic Emmy for the show… also all the goods thing about that show shouldn’t be overlooked because of the one obvious bad.
    The entire premise of the show is a poor writing choice. We have still not been shown why Wanda is so obsessed with Vision that she'd mindrape an entire town when their "relationship" went from Vision violating Wanda's boundaries, him attempting to keep her locked up in Avengers Tower, and him handing her over to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar to suddenly "true love" in the very next movie without any sort of fallout for his previous actions.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    The entire premise of the show is a poor writing choice. We have still not been shown why Wanda is so obsessed with Vision that she'd mindrape an entire town when their "relationship" went from Vision violating Wanda's boundaries, him attempting to keep her locked up in Avengers Tower, and him handing her over to be put in a straight jacket and shock collar to suddenly "true love" in the very next movie without any sort of fallout for his previous actions.
    So obsessed with Vision? She loved him, and was grieving over him and the power took over control. It shows it right in the show. It didn't go from him violating her boundaries to that. They had their moments in IW as well. Since they were the side characters of those movies, it didn't develop it the way it should, but it made it pretty obvious they were together and in love. They go into those gaps in the show too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    1) She wasn't "obsessed with him". Her grief was huge because he was the only one she had after she already lost her parents and brother, and she had to kill him herself only to then have that sacrifice be useless by having Thanos kill him again and do the snap anyway.

2) It's true that we didn't see most of the development of their relationship, because it happened off-screen in-between Civil War and Infinity War, but that's not the show's fault. As of the show's start they already had an ongoing relationship for 2 years.

3) He locked her in Avengers Tower partly for her own good (in his perspective, though I don't agree with it), cause as he says to her "I want people to see you, as I do" instead of being afraid of her if she caused problems with her powers. And the fact that Ross put her in a straight jacket and etc isn't really his fault at all. All of their interactions in that movie had romantic undertones.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    No that would be talking to the X-Men/X-Factor/assorted ‘secret’ death squads about it. I mean letting their own beef with Wanda over disassembled (the one that had them willing to execute her for PR purposes) flare up in public

It’s up there with Tony wearing a psi-blocker to The Gala because he rightly doesn’t trust Xavier/Emma/Quentin/Monet yet decides the centre of mutantdom’s power is a great place to leave ones brain exposed

Although I’m still scratching my head over why on Earth would you take a tour anywhere near Arbor Magna, unless (like the fact that it’s stated that pietro would have been executed had he inconvenienced Erik with a trip through the Hatchery) that angry mob was meant to get their hands on the Avengers before the QC thought better of it
    I think Jean was talking about having to inform the Avengers about Pietro killing Magneto the same day they told them Wanda was killed, not that they would kill him over it and the mob from ToM #1 was there to arrest Magneto, not attack Pietro.

But I agree it was silly to give them a tour and send them near Arbor Magna, they just needed to go to other places of Krakoa.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Interesting. When would be the last point Xavier would take a mind-scraping of Wanda for his files? I'd be tempted to agree that he'd shut that door tight after the HoM catastrophuck, but that's not really his way, is it? Plus there's how his co-conspirator Magneto would respond to Wanda being the exception that proves the rule where back-ups are concerned. Then again, would he look the other way/don't ask-don't tell if Xavier quietly stopped backing up Wanda's memories of going tonto loco and committing genocide? It's possible, if unlikely.

OTOH, doesn't Xavier himself say that the only back-ups of Wanda are quite old? Depends on what he means by this. A couple of (comic book time) years old? Meaning post HoM but stopping with the Axis retcon? Certainly this resurrected Wanda, who certainly appears to be reset to a period when she and the Vision were still married and happy (pre-Byrne's WCA and Darker Than Scarlet? Pretty please) would have to be from a (comic book time) period somewhere around the original Inferno, maybe before. I confess I didn't think Xavier even kept back-ups that old. Doesn't he perform a complete wipe/refresh of the stored memories once a year or something? Why on earth would he keep a super-old version of Wanda on file?

Having a pre-DTS version of Wanda running around on Krakoa, one with an active X-Gene and none of the ugly "Crazy Mama married to a toaster" garbage Byrne inflicted on the character would be a LOT of fun. Not as much fun as revealing everything that's gone wrong with Wanda since Disassembled and the Reign of Bendis is down to her being a Skrull who couldn't handle the Chaos part of Chaos Magic, but fun nevertheless. Hard to hold someone responsible for actions they haven't yet taken, isn't that right Jean?

Also, it would be super nice if we could finally get some information on what, exactly, Moira told the Helmet Bros about Wanda and the HoM from her past lives. We know something like it must have happed in at least one life because otherwise Life 5 (I think) wouldn't have had a version of the Phoenix 5 in it. Hard to believe they wouldn't have done - something - to try and head the whole thing off at the pass if they'd had pre-knowledge of what could happen.
    Last edited by Nullviahomo; 10-19-2021 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Unwanted emoji

The first issue leaked on the internet the day before it was released. Are there any leaks for this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The first issue leaked on the internet the day before it was released. Are there any leaks for this issue?
    I think that leak was because of an australian twitter account which i think has been locked or suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    I think that leak was because of an australian twitter account which i think has been locked or suspended.
    My shop just received our comics, just waiting for them to be sorted. I can see TOM #3 but I can't touch it, yes I am in Australia
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

What in the phuck did I just read…? 😬