Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default How Would Have Real World Events Occured Differently In The DC Universe?

Starting with the advent of World War 2, DC's Earth would probably look radically different from our's.

Dozens of major cities and countries exist in the DC Universe that don't in our world.

Realistically, this Earth would be more technologically advanced from ours due to contact with alien races, ancient civilizations such as Themyscira and Atlantis, and access to super geniuses such as Ray Palmer and Lex Luthor.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-14-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

If the comics actually wanted to go into this, I think Earth would be somewhat more advanced due to the super geniuses and their technology

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Starting with the advent of World War 2, DC's Earth would probably look radically different from our's.

Dozens of major cities and countries exist in the DC Universe that don't in our world.

Realistically, this Earth would be more technologically advanced from ours due to contact with alien races, ancient civilizations such as Themyscira and Atlantis, and access to super geniuses such as Ray Palmer and Lex Luthor.
    One thing that strikes me about any reality with a bunch of A-List super-heroes is that, after a while, all large-scale slow-moving disasters should be wiped out.

Sure, buildings would still burn down, but giant-sized forest fires that take weeks to put out? Superman, Flash, or one of the Green Lanterns would put an end to that, tut suite. Similarly, oil spills would probably get cleaned up pretty darned fast. And floods would also tend to get dealt with, too.

Earthquakes would still be a problem. And tornados would require someone actively paying attention. But big ol' fires? Those'd get put down, pronto.

Terrorist attacks like 9/11 would be averted, as Superman or Wonder Woman would've probably diverted the planes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

All harmful RNA and DNA viruses would be rendered useless by Cyborg since they contain DNA sequences. The sequences can be hacked and rewritten.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A LOT more civilian dies because of supervillains compared to regular murders or even serial killers

Yes I'm mainly talking about Gotham but DCU is like 50% Gotham
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-15-2021 at 03:16 AM.

Incredible Member

Physicist Carlo Rovelli thinks that time is just an illusion. 'our perception of its flow doesn't correspond to physical reality. and that reality is just a complex network of events onto which we project sequences of past, present and future'. If this is true then Cyborg in the real world could also hack into those sequences and probably cure negative things that happen in his past just by rewriting/reprogramming those negative memories that caused him harm in the present such as eating too much junk food, smoking, drinking, drugs. He could rewrite/reprogram the first memory/negative experience that maybe lead to an addiction such as smoking and rewrite/reprogram it into something positive. Cyborg could eat 24 donuts for breakfast but then in the next minute after he eats it rewrites/reprogram it as eating something healthier such as broccoli.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-15-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Would somebody explain to me this absurd "Cyborg can hack into stuff that is not even remotely technological" nonsense? I haven't followed the character in years, but I refuse to believe that even New God technology could help him do that. That just sounds like seriously bad "somebody found an old stash of Grant Morrison's really bad acid and is now tripping balls while drooling into their shoes and losing their ability to distinguish between reality and hallucinations" stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Terrorist attacks like 9/11 would be averted, as Superman or Wonder Woman would've probably diverted the planes.
    The JLA could have been away in space when 9/11 happened.

Still, it’s all moot.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Would somebody explain to me this absurd "Cyborg can hack into stuff that is not even remotely technological" nonsense? I haven't followed the character in years, but I refuse to believe that even New God technology could help him do that. That just sounds like seriously bad "somebody found an old stash of Grant Morrison's really bad acid and is now tripping balls while drooling into their shoes and losing their ability to distinguish between reality and hallucinations" stuff there.
    It's only fan fiction from the original post. But in the real world there are court cases where psychologists have planted false memories in patients. It's the concept of 'The Unconscious in therapies'. The British false memory society monitors some of the instances.

Also there is the internet of all things -smart watches, smart tvs, smart lights-things that are not directly connected to the internet. Using the internet of all things concept Cyborg could possibly hack into other things not connected to the internet through their fibonacci sequence such as spiral galaxies, hurricanes and sea shells. at the end of Cyborg's first run Marv Wolfman wrote a story where Cyborg hacked into the security system of a building, which is something not directly connected to the internet so it could probably be called indirect hacking.

Basically the internet all all things related is nothing more than a form of communications when you break it down to it's smallest components. Light is a form of communications. The internet was created as a form of communication.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-16-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

It depends how you feel about human nature. I don’t think Superheroes would be perceived as all that heroic in the real world. In real life vigilantism is frowned upon for good reason, giving them superpowers wouldn’t change that. Plus fights between Heroes and villains would kill way more people in real life then what is usually shown in most comics ( think the Omni man Invincible fight in Invincible). If you believe that power corrupts then you would have to believe that the hero to villain ratio would be much more slanted towards villains in the real world to.