Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default DC Comics January 2022 Solicitations

    Last edited by Hypo; 10-15-2021 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    916

    Default

    I wonder, do they even realise how easy to get it earlier? People have been doing it for months, lol, such a lazy thing.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I wonder, do they even realise how easy to get it earlier? People have been doing it for months, lol, such a lazy thing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    We're probably in the vast minority of people that checks.

  4. #4
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    731

    Default

    More disappointments than things that really interest me. I'll save specifics for other threads.

  5. #5
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,829

    Default

    Superman and Robin Special... by Tomasi? The Super Sons are back! The solicit calls it their final mission though....

    Also I see Zdarsky's writing a new origin tale called Batman: The Knight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #6
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Someone has to say that - another freaking Batman title.
    Where is ''I Am Batman'', by the way?
    The solicit calls it their final mission though....
    Maybe it's symbolical thing, like, it's their final mission as Super Sons, and from now on they're Superman and Robin, something like that.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    I am so freaking excited for Robin and Batman.

  8. #8
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    8,574

    Default

    Ah, there’s the reason Zdarsky had to write a c-tier Justice League story.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ah, there’s the reason Zdarsky had to write a c-tier Justice League story.
    Haha I thought the same! But man even as Batman stories go this feels uninspired.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,236

    Default

    I wonder how many guest appearances will be in "The Knight." You'd think we'd get Zatanna and her dad, Henri Ducad, and maybe Thaddeus Brown. I might be forgetting if there's any other established hallmarks of Bruce's training.

    I guess they can use Ted Grant now.

  11. #11
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman and Robin Special... by Tomasi? The Super Sons are back! The solicit calls it their final mission though....
    Could be Tomasi's final word on the Super Sons before he officially tags out with Mark Waid to be DC's new persona non grata.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,335

    Default

    Even though it's yet another Batman origin, they hit me with one-two punch of Baby Bruce Wayne and Sexy Young Bruce Wayne covers. Like how am I supposed to fight that? Even the main artist is my taste. So it's a three hit combo. AND it's by Chip. So it's a full combo.

    Meanwhile in Robin, more of the al Ghul family is revealed so that's on the bag.

    Catwoman looks amazing, with the author reestablishing her bi status

    Looking like it's my taste on the Bat side

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,961

    Default

    Having Tomasi write a teen Jon team up with Damian feels so wrong. Almost like when a company sets up some mid level employee to be the fall guy and sacrifices him to the public when the company has some big scandal over their head. It also astounds me how much they butchered Jon's character by aging him up and ruining such a fresh take on superhero stories that you don't see much at all anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how many guest appearances will be in "The Knight." You'd think we'd get Zatanna and her dad, Henri Ducad, and maybe Thaddeus Brown. I might be forgetting if there's any other established hallmarks of Bruce's training.

    I guess they can use Ted Grant now.
    I bet Deathstroke shows up. DC really wants him to be a Batman villain. So gives them an opportunity to have him and Bruce face off before the Titans were ever a thing.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Still only getting Wonder Woman and Action Comics

  15. #15
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,236

    Default

    Looking at the preview for Dark Knights, I'm guessing that's King Black Lightning meeting the Amazons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Catwoman looks amazing, with the author reestablishing her bi status
    "Hiding in plain sight five-inch platform heels at a gathering of Gotham's crime elite while surrounded by all the beautiful women and other shiny things to look at..."

    I guess that's one way to take that line. Either that or it's being self-referential that there will be a bunch of scantily-clad ladies along with Selina because of the strippers .
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Having Tomasi write a teen Jon team up with Damian feels so wrong. Almost like when a company sets up some mid level employee to be the fall guy and sacrifices him to the public when the company has some big scandal over their head. It also astounds me how much they butchered Jon's character by aging him up and ruining such a fresh take on superhero stories that you don't see much at all anymore.
    I'm happy to see Tomasi write it but Superman and Robin sounds weird when it's Jon and Damian.
    I bet Deathstroke shows up. DC really wants him to be a Batman villain. So gives them an opportunity to have him and Bruce face off before the Titans were ever a thing.
    I mean, timeline-wise, Slade would still be in the military? I guess? I don't think he'd even have had his kids by now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •