Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    There's no back up, and other members are done with the JL.
    Are you kidding me? The big guns never stay around for long, do they?
    Last edited by protege; 10-19-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Interesting lineup
    Attachment 114724
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's both the Justice League and Justice League Dark together, isn't it?
    I suppose someone guessed what it is making sell the Justice League title, to put it in the cover. Just when the back ups are no more, apparentely.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Superman's son fighting climate change for him should be pretty easy. he only has to labor and go out into space to find alternative fuel from rocks/asteroids and other planets and bring it back to Earth since climate change is said to be cause by human activity using fossil fuels. He can also affect it broadly by manipulating the cycles on Earth that causes long term climate change over a period of 1000 years which is the moon and Milankovitch cycles. But doing this would change the Earth significantly into something futuristic which is something I'm sure DC does not want to do.

Soft power like owning tv stations around the world and producing propaganda in tv shows to change people's habit of using fossil fuels into green energy is the only way to affect Climate change.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-16-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Fantastic Member

Still no Justice Society of America...Is there a silent mandate at DC to not bring back these characters in their own book?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Still no Justice Society of America...Is there a silent mandate at DC to not bring back these characters in their own book?
    Why "silent"?

There were new solicitations for both Teen Titans Academy And Wonder Girl, both of whom have five issues to get out between now and then.
    Is that REALLY realistic??

Starting to question if I should even bother with DC vs. Vampires. Only reason I stuck with DCeased is Taylor surprised me by killing off Batman at the start. This looks like it’s going to be what I thought DCeased would be, Batman fighting the rest of the DCU, and that’s just so cliche and boring. Guess I’ll give it one issue but Rosenberg isn’t that impressive a writer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Starting to question if I should even bother with DC vs. Vampires. Only reason I stuck with DCeased is Taylor surprised me by killing off Batman at the start. This looks like it’s going to be what I thought DCeased would be, Batman fighting the rest of the DCU, and that’s just so cliche and boring. Guess I’ll give it one issue but Rosenberg isn’t that impressive a writer.
    I have even less interest-- I just want more Otto Schmidt art, but I don't care about the premise in the least. I'll be looking forward to your assessment to see if it's worth my time.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Mighty Member

Movies: Promoting JSA contents
    TV: Releasing 'Stargirl' series
    Comics: Do nothing

That's not how you want to build readership with anticipation if you want to release new contents for JSA.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 10-17-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Movies: Promoting JSA contents
    TV: Releasing 'Stargirl' series
    Comics: Do nothing

That's not how you want to build audiences with anticipation if you want to release new contents for JSA.
    With all due respect and awareness, if you're trying to build an audience for the JSA, comics are where you place your least focus. The fewest eyes see them. Giving them an animated movie (okay, it's a Wonder Woman movie with the JSA as co-stars, but they head the bill), prominent roles in a feature film and co-starring in a popular television show is a more significant push than their most celebrated run of comics. It's just that simple, and the Johns JSA run is still among my favorite things ever.

We're not the primary audience for the rebranded DC ENTERTAINMENT. I know it sucks, guys. I want a JSA book too, but let's be aware of our situation.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    But doing this would change the Earth significantly into something futuristic which is something I'm sure DC does not want to do.
    Yeah, this is the big issue with creators trying to write stories dealing with real world problems like climate change or pollution. They never really work and tend to fall flat. They live in a universe where space travel is common place and superheroes are running around every day with super advanced tech. Any number of them could solve these kind of problems easily. It wouldn't even take a full issue to do it, but they can't because DC wants to try and keep the world "realistic" to whatever extent that means. I mean people in this universe would be far more worried about alien invasions or demons invading Earth on a regular basis over the Earth getting a few degrees warmer over the next decade.

Mighty Member

The sad reality is that the moment CW pushes the Flash franchise and other not big name franchise more than any other DC properties just show that the comics division care nothing but releasing more bat-contents. What a sad society we live in.

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Sees cover...

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

The OG Teen Titans, Donna, Roy, Garth, Dick and Wally, what's going on with them?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    With all due respect and awareness, if you're trying to build an audience for the JSA, comics are where you place your least focus. The fewest eyes see them. Giving them an animated movie (okay, it's a Wonder Woman movie with the JSA as co-stars, but they head the bill), prominent roles in a feature film and co-starring in a popular television show is a more significant push than their most celebrated run of comics. It's just that simple, and the Johns JSA run is still among my favorite things ever.

We're not the primary audience for the rebranded DC ENTERTAINMENT. I know it sucks, guys. I want a JSA book too, but let's be aware of our situation.
    The same comics that claim there is no audience for the likes of Squirrel Girl, Static and Ms Marvel?

The same comics that scream tv shows and movies do not matter?

That is all I heard tossed at John Stewart fans. Those shows or movies don't matter.

That celebrated run is two huge books in stores. You need BOOKS.

One of the MAJOR gripes I have heard is "I would have loved to buy the book if it was MADE".

A person watching Static Shock had no book to read. Unlike Batman, Peter Parker, Superman, WW, Hal, Barry, X-Men and now recently Shuri, Black Panther, Carol Danvers, Moon Girl.

Moon Girl fans have 9 trades to look at before watching her show. As does Naomi, Riri Williams & Ms Marvel.

TMNT was a comic first before those shows.
    Two Guns was a comic before Denzel's movie.
    Walking Dead was a comic before the shows.
    Men in Black was a comic before the movies.

Sometimes you have to start somewhere.