Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine #17 Preview.

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...7-on-sale-soon

Bannister and Delores are both back, along with Maverick.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Though it is a nice read, this story could use more familair faces then just Marverick. Somehow Dolores ands Jeff start to become a bit mweh.
    Though the writing and art is quite okay.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I think it is super funny how manly this book wants to be. It's like an outdated cliché of masculinity from the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it is super funny how manly this book wants to be. It's like an outdated cliché of masculinity from the 1990s.
    Thank you. I have been waiting for someone else to say that since they spoke about having "a duffel bag full of regrets" in about issue three or something.

I do not have a problem with books being manly. What's the problem with that? Wolverine has always been quite macho and manly, that's what the fans like.

BANNED

90s were highest selling point for X-Men. Whats your point? People love what Wolverine does since XAS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...7-on-sale-soon

Bannister and Delores are both back, along with Maverick.
    Can you pls post the preview once. I can't see it properly because the those pics were so less magnified.

VERY nice cover. Love Maverick's mane.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I do not have a problem with books being manly. What's the problem with that? Wolverine has always been quite macho and manly, that's what the fans like.
    Wolvierine has lived enough years to transcend this persona

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Wolvierine has lived enough years to transcend this persona
    Real Wolverine like him as the macho character he is. That character made him so popular.

Wolverine is probably not the book or character for you then. If I can offer some advice here that might be helpful.

Incredible Member

It is not manly is more angsty than anything. Why does he act like he has a stick stuck in his ass all the time, He is living in paradise, has a lot of sex, his son and daughters are alive, Silver Fox, Marico, Kurt, Jean, Jubelee, Kate, Maverick are all alive, why is he so grumpy.
    Last edited by Milici; 10-15-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Ask Chris Claremont or Larry Hama who really defined his character. That’s just how he is. It’s not like this characterization just came out of nowhere. It’s pretty established. Logan is a mean, old, grumpy cuss of a man… er, mutant.

Now… if you’re saying “but why hasn’t he changed now that he’s living in paradise,” I think Percy has been pretty clear about that and explained it in both interviews and alluded to it in the book itself: He doesn’t trust it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ask Chris Claremont or Larry Hama who really defined his character. That’s just how he is. It’s not like this characterization just came out of nowhere. It’s pretty established.

Now… if you’re saying “but why hasn’t he changed now that he’s living in paradise,” I think Percy has been pretty clear about that and explained it in both interviews and alluded to it in the book itself: He doesn’t trust it.
    He was less grumpy when he was a teacher in the X mansion a few years ago and mutants where on the path to extinction than now that theay are all back to life and living in paradise, that is note manly, that is a petulant manchild.

Astonishing Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ask Chris Claremont or Larry Hama who really defined his character. That’s just how he is. It’s not like this characterization just came out of nowhere. It’s pretty established. Logan is a mean, old, grumpy cuss of a man… er, mutant.

Exactly. Logan is poster child for being a pessimist realist. I mean the man is over a hundred years old and he's lived long enough to know that happiness is fleeting. And as wonderful as Krakoa's gifts are Logan doesn't want to drop his guard when the sh*t hits the fan like it always does.