Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ask Chris Claremont or Larry Hama who really defined his character. That’s just how he is. It’s not like this characterization just came out of nowhere. It’s pretty established. Logan is a mean, old, grumpy cuss of a man… er, mutant.

Now… if you’re saying “but why hasn’t he changed now that he’s living in paradise,” I think Percy has been pretty clear about that and explained it in both interviews and alluded to it in the book itself: He doesn’t trust it.
    Reading Comprehension Achievement Unlocked!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Exactly. Logan is poster child for being a pessimist realist. I mean the man is over a hundred years old and he's lived long enough to know that happiness is fleeting. And as wonderful as Krakoa's gifts are Logan doesn't want to drop his guard when the sh*t hits the fan like it always does.
    When **** did hit the fan, Wolverine showed how incompetent he is, between the Orchis fiasco and he still following orders from Beast he can`t still say without being hypocritical that he is the best at what he does, unless what he does is being a grumpy incompetent petulant old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    When **** did hit the fan, Wolverine showed how incompetent he is, between the Orchis fiasco and he still following orders from Beast he can`t still say without being hypocritical that he is the best at what he does, unless what he does is being a grumpy incompetent petulant old man.
    Lol the dude literally saved the day when it came to mothermold. Nimrod is a work in progress
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

What is with this increasing trend of people dropping into a thread just to bad mouth the topic, which is clearly intended for those who enjoy it? Have people no impulse control?

People are entitled to their own opinions. What I don’t understand is if it’s so bad why bother with it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Though it is a nice read, this story could use more familair faces then just Marverick. Somehow Dolores ands Jeff start to become a bit mweh.
    Though the writing and art is quite okay.
    I’m motion to bring Back Cyber

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Lol the dude literally saved the day when it came to mothermold. Nimrod is a work in progress
    Welp it's seems like time flees faster than lighting for some people to forget this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Exactly. That was a badass scene by the way. Still gives me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I’m motion to bring Back Cyber
    Yes! But, honestly, I wouldn’t mind a new Cyber created by Orchis. The old Silas Burr version was a bit goofy with forced connection to Logan, and he’s died and been resurrected like three times already. I say let him lie and make a new one.

Plus I’d like to see other cyborgs like The Reavers, Lady Deathstrike and this new Cyber working for Orchis and hunting mutants. Make this new version someone who has an axe to grind with Wolverine. Some ex-Hydra commando who got sliced up by him and was built into this indestructible adamantium-skinned nightmare. Not a mutant, but with embedded Sentinel tech that allows him to track mutants (the way Cyber’s power did) plus poison and hallucinogenic dipped claws on each hand, like the OG version. In other words, Orchis just recreates him specifically to destroy Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What is with this increasing trend of people dropping into a thread just to bad mouth the topic, which is clearly intended for those who enjoy it? Have people no impulse control?
    I get the knee-jerk reaction when someone has just purchased and read an issue, but the hooping and hollering over 2-3 preview pages will never make sense to me.

I'm liking this. I enjoy the way Percy writes this book like an old noir movie with investigations, spies, a lone wolf calling a few people he trusts to help in the cases... Those are old tropes, and even though I'm not a macho kind of guy, I enjoy how they are used here. I liked the issues Maverick appeared. Bannister is a character that catched my interest very quickly and Delores is a character I love to hate haha. Supporting human characters make the story more grounded like back in the day.

Medina is not that great of a penciler, but the colors are doing a great job to improve it in these pages.

Percy has a good handle on Logan’s personality and voice. IMO he’s nailed that, and the solo book has been good because of it. His team book needs a bit more work — again IMO — but overall I’m very happy with how he writes Logan in both Wolverine and X-Force. Very reminiscent to me of the Larry Hama years, which were really Logan’s heyday (I’d argue even more so than the Claremont years… but I’m sure I’ll get some vehement disagreement on that).

This looks good. Percy wolverine has been a great run so far. He does well with solo characters. The art is no kunert but it looks good here as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Percy has a good handle on Logan’s personality and voice. IMO he’s nailed that, and the solo book has been good because of it. His team book needs a bit more work — again IMO — but overall I’m very happy with how he writes Logan in both Wolverine and X-Force. Very reminiscent to me of the Larry Hama years, which were really Logan’s heyday (I’d argue even more so than the Claremont years… but I’m sure I’ll get some vehement disagreement on that).
    Jackraow21, can you direct me to the source of your avatar? Is it a cover image? The colors are BEAUTIFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Jackraow21, can you direct me to the source of your avatar? Is it a cover image? The colors are BEAUTIFUL.
    S.W.O.R.D. #10 cover…