BANNED

Default Spider-Man ATSV (2022)

So the sequel to ITSV has a title, and Sony Pictures have smartly kept the brand-theme, this time it's Across the Spider-Verse which is also a shout-out to the Beatles song "Across the Universe".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90M60PzmxEE

Extraordinary Member

Looking forward to it

Astonishing Member

Looks awesome!!

Based on the title, I'm even more confident that Morlun and the Inheritors will be the villains, since "Across" implies them jumping from universe to universe like in the Spider-Verse comic, and the first thing I can think of that would create that incentive is Morlun.

I think the common consensus is they'd be traveling across multiple worlds, so on that level it makes sense, although it doesn't roll off the tongue as well as the previous movie's title did for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Looks awesome!!

Based on the title, I'm even more confident that Morlun and the Inheritors will be the villains, since "Across" implies them jumping from universe to universe like in the Spider-Verse comic, and the first thing I can think of that would create that incentive is Morlun.
    I don't think that means we're getting the Inheritors, although if we do they will probably be drastically altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Looks awesome!!

Or Spider-Carnage

-Pav, who expects 2099 will deliver all the exposition...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Or Spider-Carnage

-Pav, who expects 2099 will deliver all the exposition...
    Hmm, yeah, could be an evil Spider-Man crisscrossing realities with the intent of conquest or destruction, and Miles and company have to chase him down to stop him. Should that evil Spider-Man be a version of Peter or Miles, though? If Miles, I could see that being a take on the "Earth-616 Miles Morales," but with spider-powers. If Peter, I could see inspiration from Identity Wars where an A/U Spider-Man became the greatest hero of his reality --- by luring other Spider-Men to his dimension and leeching their lifeforces to enhance his powers. Could even be something like that Jet Li movie 20 years ago where he played the villain and the hero, the villain being an A/U variant of the hero who had killed all his other variants across the Multiverse with the intent of becoming a god through all their absorbed lifeforces.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Some good news, I can't wait. I hope the style of the animation is exactly the same, it's amazing. Across the Spider-Verse... Does that mean Miguel is going to be the lead hero (considering post-credits scene in the first movie)? Would be cool!

Also, years ago, I edited Peter Parker's face to make Ben and Kaine. I wonder if we'll ever see them in this series (maybe even in ATSV)...?

Clones.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Some good news, I can't wait. I hope the style of the animation is exactly the same, it's amazing. Across the Spider-Verse... Does that mean Miguel is going to be the lead hero (considering post-credits scene in the first movie)? Would be cool!

Also, years ago, I edited Peter Parker's face to make Ben and Kaine. I wonder if we'll ever see them in this series (maybe even in ATSV)...?

Clones.jpg
    Yeah, Miguel playing a bigger role in Across the Spider-Verse would be great. Nice edits, by the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Weird they'd use a Peter promotional image. Maybe a slight NWA tie-in?

when is a trailer coming out?

I hope the film doesn't have a dozen more characters just to do that. They still need a coherent story and ideally they need to center Miles and not just arbitrarily have a bunch more newer folks just for the visual easter egg treat but there's no story to go with it. Nick Cage as Spider-Noir was fine, but a little goes a long way. I would rather see Spider-Ham in his own TV show at this point. Same thing with Peni Parker. The gimmick ran its course. If Ghost Spider is brought back, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when is a trailer coming out?

I hope the film doesn't have a dozen more characters just to do that. They still need a coherent story and ideally they need to center Miles and not just arbitrarily have a bunch more newer folks just for the visual easter egg treat but there's no story to go with it. Nick Cage as Spider-Noir was fine, but a little goes a long way. I would rather see Spider-Ham in his own TV show at this point. Same thing with Peni Parker. The gimmick ran its course. If Ghost Spider is brought back, fine.
    Of course there will be new characters as for their roles I would like it to be the same as Noir Penny and ham not really that important to the overall story. Just let Miles be the MC going around meeting them. The audience should be prepared to see a bunch of different spider man
    Last edited by Jman27; 10-23-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy