Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I think my issue with Dick/Kory as it was written in the Perez days and a year or so beyond his departure (I don't have much interest beyond that) is that it seemed Dick was getting more out of it than her. She has to coax him out of his shell and get him more in tune with his emotions, which is what he needs and is an important part of his growth, but she has to put up with his coldness until that point and it often makes her feel belittled even when he doesn't mean to. His trying to reign her in makes it seem like the relationship would be stifling to her. Donna in her own way tries to help get Kory to show more restraint, but her approaches as a friend/"sister" come across better to me because Donna is more emotionally stable for the most part in NTT than Dick is. It comes across as a very interesting relationship if I read it as one with a built-in expiration date, but if Wolfman was writing it to be a forever romance it comes up a bit short, IMO.
This, and I'll add that part of the issue with Kory and Dick is that the stress of their roles would eventually become an issue. Dick is used to kinda doing what he needs to, Kory works better as a team player. Babs is also an independent so she can give space to Dick when he needs it.