Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    As someone who likes both Dick with Kory and Babs, a lot of it has to do with how well I thought Nightwing and Oracle's relationship was written. IMO it is easily one of the best developed relationships in superhero comics. Since Babs has been Batgirl again, it's still ok but now not GOAT tier ship like it was Pre-Flashpoint.
    I mean everything was reset, time was altered. Dick and Babs were shifted in a way their past had both happens and not happened. It’s strange only now so we seem to be consistently returning to that mature relationship between two experienced adults who know what they want. I understand the frustration of many starfire fans becuase most of them were not even alive when dick and Kory did date and can only enjoy in animation or brief hookups in the comics. The only way to end this triangle for good would be to find a suitable partner for Kory, however her fans would be reluctant to anyone who isn’t dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I mean everything was reset, time was altered. Dick and Babs were shifted in a way their past had both happens and not happened. It’s strange only now so we seem to be consistently returning to that mature relationship between two experienced adults who know what they want. I understand the frustration of many starfire fans becuase most of them were not even alive when dick and Kory did date and can only enjoy in animation or brief hookups in the comics. The only way to end this triangle for good would be to find a suitable partner for Kory, however her fans would be reluctant to anyone who isn’t dick.
    I wonder if Vic and Kory and happened in JLO how people would have responded (I imagine not well).

Mighty Member

How do you know most of the Dick/Kory fans weren't alive when Dick and Kory date and were in a relationship?
    What's your source??
    Did you ask all Dick/Kory fans when they were born?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Or find a suitable partner for Babs,it could be Bruce, Jason, Tim, Luke....any bat has worked before really. Just chose one and stuck with it.

I wonder if Vic and Kory and happened in JLO how people would have responded (I imagine not well).
    Vic and Kory worked so well in Johns' Teen Titans, I thought that was matter of time, and then she left for the Outsiders.

The problem with Dick and Barbara it's not Kory, it's Dick and Barbara. Kory wasn't around when Barbara thought Dick had cheat on her with Catalina, nor most of the times she dump him.

Everybody need a new partner and move on already. Of Course there's no hope for that now that Nightwing is more stuck than when he was amnesic. Here is his old girlfriend, in his old city, with his old suit, rehashing his old relationships.

You know how Wally and Linda are one of the top couples of comics, yet in Titans Go Wally hada thing with Jinx, and in Young Justice he was wit Artemis and in the Flash hhe was with Jessy, but Barbara and Dick are like a curse, a wall to any new idea. It sucks how limiting it is for both characters.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 11-09-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Vic and Kory worked so well in Johns' Teen Titans, I thought that was matter of time, and then she left for the Outsiders.
    Wait, did Vic and Kory have a thing?

Does anyone know what the issue is where Kory asks Dick if she loves him, and he says no?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Don't have anything to add other than saying that they are a prime example of writers refusing to let a guy and girl just be friends. I find their relationship as friends x10 more interesting than anything romantic between them.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    How do you know most of the Dick/Kory fans weren't alive when Dick and Kory date and were in a relationship?
    What's your source??
    Did you ask all Dick/Kory fans when they were born?
    So this year In particular i noticed that most of traffic on Official titans social media (Twitter, instagram, Reddit interviews) was dominated by fans asking about Starfire. After being led to believing that the upcoming season would be " Kory led" fans of her were ravenous. If they were not asking or discussing about Kory's new look or sister it was about dick/kory

I got kind of curious where this vocal community came from. Starfire doesn't appear in comics frequently. As of late (the last 4 months) we are lucky to get a panel of her each month.
    Even when she was at her most visible during the 2003 animated series she was the one member to never get her own arc.

Between about 1982-1994 the relationship was active in the comics. that covers nearly all millennials. Most were probably introduced to star and the dick/kory by the animated series .

So I don't know for sure most of the dick/kory fans were not alive during their active period. I should have been more specific because i was talking about their active community online
    A whole generation never really saw them together in the comics aside from a few elseworld tales.

Extraordinary Member

Or find a suitable partner for Babs,it could be Bruce, Jason, Tim, Luke....any bat has worked before really. Just chose one and stuck with it.

The problem with Dick and Barbara it's not Kory, it's Dick and Barbara. Kory wasn't around when Barbara thought Dick had cheat on her with Catalina, nor most of the times she dump him.

Everybody need a new partner and move on already. Of Course there's no hope for that now that Nightwing is more stuck than when he was amnesic. Here is his old girlfriend, in his old city, with his old suit, rehashing his old relationships.

You know how Wally and Linda are one of the top couples of comics, yet in Titans Go Wally hada thing with Jinx, and in Young Justice he was wit Artemis and in the Flash hhe was with Jessy, but Barbara and Dick are like a curse, a wall to any new idea. It sucks how limiting it is for both characters.
    Wally has dated different women in comics and other media. But none of them have such a strong fanbase of their own to cause any discourse. Its a curse on because Kory has never been seen with anyone else and thus Barbra becomes seen as an obstacle to her fans. Whats worse it gotten to a point where it may be to late to pair her with anyone else. I dont see her fans accepting anyone who isn't him. Wally will always gravitate back to linda. As Bruce will for Selina or Ollie to Dinah

Bruce wayne is not an option for Barbra Gordon, she presently and forward will never be again, tim, is not an option and happened in the video games by writers who were not paying attention, which is why she wear a haly circus necklace yet cannot share a scene with nightwing to hide the inconsistencies. Even then she has had various other relationships and loves. Star is the one walled off, Dick and Babs can share a life together and both be apart of different and greater things.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Don't have anything to add other than saying that they are a prime example of writers refusing to let a guy and girl just be friends. I find their relationship as friends x10 more interesting than anything romantic between them.
    That would be Donna Troy you thinking of

Dick and Babs can share a life together and both be apart of different and greater things. f
    I don't know if it can just that it doesn't happen. Not for Dick anyway.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if it can just that it doesn't happen. Not for Dick anyway.
    It’s happening right now as we speak.
    It just Proably doesn’t satisfy you

It’s happening right now as we speak.
    It just Proably doesn’t satisfy you
    Nah, Nightwing corned, dumbed down, dated and dependent doesn't satisfy me. And for what I have read a lot of Babs fans don't think is that much of a "great thing" for her either.

Incredible Member

starfire_nightwing_broke_up_by_analiarachelroth.jpg

This is the one I was talking about. Anyone know what issue this is from?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    starfire_nightwing_broke_up_by_analiarachelroth.jpg

This is the one I was talking about. Anyone know what issue this is from?
    Okay, as much as I'm enjoying Taylor's Nightwing run so far, the Kori fan in me right now is thinking "dick move."

Every pun intended.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Nah, Nightwing corned, dumbed down, dated and dependent doesn't satisfy me. And for what I have read a lot of Babs fans don't think is that much of a "great thing" for her either.
    He’s not dependent he’s not dumbed down
    It’s okay for people to be good at different things and it’s okay for people to work together. Babs and Dick have been teaming up for decades and it’s not gonna stop now. Upset fans of Babs need to chill, the woman had a solo for the last ten years now she is revolving through all the bat books helping everyone why is it a problem when she helps Dick?

He’s not dependent he’s not dumbed down
    It’s okay for people to be good at different things and it’s okay for people to work together. Babs and Dick have been teaming up for decades and it’s not gonna stop now. Upset fans of Babs need to chill, the woman had a solo for the last ten years now she is revolving through all the bat books helping everyone why is it a problem when she helps Dick?
    Okay is not great, okay is mediocre, okey is unambitious, okey is low rate. If you think it's okay that Dick is not good enough, well, OK then.

It's unexpected that you think it's a great thing that Babs doesn't have a solo for first time in decades, I thought you liked her.