Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    We are just gonna have to agree to disagree here. I don’t see it especially when Babs was originally way too old for Dick in the first place. Babs was never planned to be with Dick until they needed something to contrast Dick Kory. It would be more believable if you know, DC didn’t place Babs with legit all the batfam. They never were originally together as batgirl and Robin. You might be confusing her with Bette Kane who was the batgirl that was placed with Robin briefly. Barbra Gordon was originally shipped with Batman thanks to the original tv series and comics where she was more of a Batman girl than Robin (whcih is what Bruce Timm grew up with). Since then. She was aged down dramatically to be with Dick. The only time where they had a little thing was when pre-teen dick had a very short lived crush on babs. And babs as An adult kissed him. Dick clearly was taken a back by it as well. I don’t really count that as proof of their history.

I disagree about Ted Kord. Babs was clearly in a serious thing with him and was shocked to find out his true identity. It was something that was going somewhere until it was randomly stopped. I know Jason has appeared but they did zero with his development with babs.
    They were the dynamite duo. They had a history. BTAS put them together romantically and comics followed suit, it had nothing to do with Kory. It didn't matter if they were together as Batgirl and Robin, they developed a romantic relationship as Oracle and Nightwing.

And they went on one date. This isn't really a matter of opinion. Like you said she was shocked to find out his true identity. Its was an online fling that never developed into anything serious. Started by the same creator who was pairing up Nightwing and Oracle. It was never going anywhere. Also again they addressed Bard's time with Babs. They didn't retcon it, but brought closure to it. The relationship was over. What more was to be done.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-23-2021 at 01:46 AM.