Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Its between the two Selina his long time love of Talia the mother of his child
    Talia is often on the wrong side and may or may not of drugged him to concieve their child, so it noever easy to make her the right choice
    but its less about the back and forth but more so their is not any discourse on it, because Talia doesnt have a fanbase

Dick and babs is met with discourse because fans of Kory oppose it.

You dont see threads like this for Clark Bruce Ollie Diana or anyone else. Is it because no one cares or people just accept what is with them? Only Dick Grayson Barbra Gordon Koriand'r have this issue.
    well i mean yeah because Clark, Bruce, Ollie and Diana all have that one love interest who we know is their main.

Clark is always with Lois

Bruce is always with Selina

Ollie is always with Dinah

and Wonder Woman is always with Steve or no one at all pretty much

Dick doesnt have that privilege because he is promoted mainly as a womanizer but yet both babs and kory have been the loves of his life and even then, he never ends up with any of them or his histroy with them are retconned to basically favor one over the other. Dick in elseworlds is always either dead or non factor. And in DCAU he pretty much isnt mentioned at all. YJ and Teen Titans stuff is the only content that have Dick actually doing something worthwhile. And in both content he is with different women an portrayed differently. Perhaps the direction to go in is to give him a new love interest to rival and make both Babs and Kory irrelevant. Otherwise, the shipping wars will continue because that is literally what his character has been driven down to.

The problem is that currently, Dick doesnt have a main love interest that can be recognized across all media. Not that he cant have one. If you want to stop the shipping wars, get rid of Kory and Babs.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I tuned out of YJ not far into season 3. Is Dick still with Babs there? And there's still no sign of Kory yet right?

It may be too soon to tell, but Dick/Babs are a thing in a general DCU universe show that has a lot of Titans characters in, so maybe a Titans-like show isn't a guarantee to have Kory be The One either.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    The problem is that currently, Dick doesnt have a main love interest that can be recognized across all media. Not that he cant have one. If you want to stop the shipping wars, get rid of Kory and Babs.
    There is no chance in hell of that ever happening at this point, no matter how badly a vocal minority may want it.

They're here to stay, especially as far as adaptations go because nobody behind the scenes will want to use another love interest or make their own. Those kind of productions often have people who want to use the big characters.

Extraordinary Member

well i mean yeah because Clark, Bruce, Ollie and Diana all have that one love interest who we know is their main.

Clark is always with Lois

Bruce is always with Selina

Ollie is always with Dinah

and Wonder Woman is always with Steve or no one at all pretty much

Dick doesnt have that privilege because he is promoted mainly as a womanizer but yet both babs and kory have been the loves of his life and even then, he never ends up with any of them or his histroy with them are retconned to basically favor one over the other. Dick in elseworlds is always either dead or non factor. And in DCAU he pretty much isnt mentioned at all. YJ and Teen Titans stuff is the only content that have Dick actually doing something worthwhile. And in both content he is with different women an portrayed differently. Perhaps the direction to go in is to give him a new love interest to rival and make both Babs and Kory irrelevant. Otherwise, the shipping wars will continue because that is literally what his character has been driven down to.

A womanizer is a man who always seems to have a new girlfriend, and who has no hesitation about starting up a new relationship before he's ended the last one. Usually, these relationships are sexual and don't last long.

Many experts agree that womanizers are driven by unconscious hostility. "These men are not in love with women

Dick Grayson is not a womanizer.

Bruce has dated a handful of other women, Zatanna , Silver, Vicky,and Talia came close but as his present self is neve really goes beyond Selina
    Clark Meets lois not long into adulthood and its over from there

Know that I am speaking of the main line of comic canon

Starfire fell in love with the boy, Babs fell for the Man. Dick will never be that boy again. Things have never settled in in other media because they were never able to in the main line.
    Once its sealed for Dickbabs outside media will follow through. That is to say when dick Grayson is a teen you will likely see him with star but when he is nightwing and departed the titans he would be with babs because that is his timeline. And as time continues it doesn't really make sense to address kory as the love of his life.

With no one blocking legacies from growing and advancing they will be able move forward. I am pretty confident that they will be able to get married in a year from now
    the team is here for it and will make it possible.

Image-1.jpg editor notes.jpg

Also Kori and Dick were together for a while. Kori and Dick were together when Dick was Robin and became Nightwing.So no Kori fell for a man. And only only that but DickBabs never been official pushed in other media it's always been DickKori. And even they are together it's often quick and forgettable. I mean look at YJ year DickBabs is there but no work for it. We also have the fact Creators said Dick and Zatanna have feelings for each others. The ship that actually had work to it. You really have to be thinking about it logically not much Media have DickBabs and they are terrible for each other in most of the comics when things get bad. All that due to Babs. She blames and slut shames him. She every blamed him not to long ago. So time me why should they be together when she always blamed him for something that has never his fault? How can you accept DickBabs when Dc has always made it clear Babs blames him for everything. When things are good it's fine up until point.

Babs was better with Jason Bard and not be pushed around. Dick will not grow because one again it's a way to not expand him away from Batfam. How can you be fine with how Tom treats him when it's clear Babs out shine him and he can't do anything right without Babs telling him what to do. If Dc and WB cared they would have kept them together but it's all to keep him on the Batfam and not to really upset the status quo. Because it's going to help with selling by telling people Dick and Babs will be in GOtham with the others. It's not for Nightwing fans who don't want Dick to always be with the Batfam. We want other events like with the Titans or actually reinvent and redesign villains he has. Everything with what Tom has shown Dick is Generic

Let's also fact the fact Dick/Babs and DickKori are also two of the biggest ships mostly equal with each other. This will not go well if they are married.

Let's look at all the media outside comics Wb and Dc doesn't care very little about DickBabs. It's often DickKori and YJ creators say Dick and Zatanna still have feelings. So a big change of those two returning together. Titans broke up Dick and Babs. And almost every elsewhere book doesn't have DickBabs. So in other words I think Dc knows they can't official do DickBabs because they would actually have tried to push them in other things. In video games she is with Tim. They could have tried to make them offical. They don't have history your just twisting the crush Dick. That's it a childhood crush. Babs didn't like him and had a long time relationship with Kori for 14 years. You can't say Babs and Dick has romantic interested due to it being one sided.

Babs blamed, slut shames and still does it before Tom did it. So once again it's unlike this will go through has they been engaged before. They are unlikely to go anywhere has many got the same thing with Batman/Catwoman. Also many still on a title rarely will tell you are wrong even if you are
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-17-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A womanizer is a man who always seems to have a new girlfriend, and who has no hesitation about starting up a new relationship before he's ended the last one. Usually, these relationships are sexual and don't last long.

Many experts agree that womanizers are driven by unconscious hostility. "These men are not in love with women

Dick Grayson is not a womanizer.

Bruce has dated a handful of other women, Zatanna , Silver, Vicky,and Talia came close but as his present self is neve really goes beyond Selina
    Clark Meets lois not long into adulthood and its over from there

Know that I am speaking of the main line of comic canon

Starfire fell in love with the boy, Babs fell for the Man. Dick will never be that boy again. Things have never settled in in other media because they were never able to in the main line.
    Once its sealed for Dickbabs outside media will follow through. That is to say when dick Grayson is a teen you will likely see him with star but when he is nightwing and departed the titans he would be with babs because that is his timeline. And as time continues it doesn't really make sense to address kory as the love of his life.

With no one blocking legacies from growing and advancing they will be able move forward. I am pretty confident that they will be able to get married in a year from now
    the team is here for it and will make it possible.

Image-1.jpg editor notes.jpg
    Look. You can be a dick Babs shipper, but understand that you don’t need to tear down dick’s relationships with other woman whom he also said the same things about. Like or not, Kory was built up as Dicks only love interest and no will they won’t they for 15 years in main continuity. They almost got married until bat editorial ruined it. Dick Babs was built upon retcons and thats ok if you support it, but people are also allowed to call it out for it is. Dick has been treated like trash by Babs more times than she has treated him well. Even in the current continuity. You can’t say the same about Kory despite the fact that Dick and Kory also had their problems (except that one time she lashed out over the mirage situation in which she hunted her down and tried to kill her when she found out the truth).

The way I see it, if you have to will they or they combined with constant arguments and toxic atmosphere, it probably is better for those two characters not to be together. Neither Dick Babs or Dick Kory have been an official couple in going on 20 years. It’s time to face the music. If dick Babs or Dick Kory were to be end game, it would have happened by now. I mean come on Babs has been with Luke fox, Jason Bard, Some other college dude, Tim Drake, Bruce Wayne and even got hinted that her future husband will be a man named Jason in main continuity. Even three jokers is canon so technically speaking, Babs also had a thing with Jason as well. Dick has been with Clancy, Helena, Shawn, Bea. If that doesn’t tell you how DC/WB views DickBabs then idk what will. Every time Babs shows up in Nightwing, Dick is always retconned In his own run to simp for her despite completely confessing his love for the other girl prior. It’s devaluing to both characters. There is no Dick Babs without retcons in the comics world and that’s a fact.

I think it’s best to let it go. if you want Babs Kory and Dick to grow, you gotta have them move on from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I tuned out of YJ not far into season 3. Is Dick still with Babs there? And there's still no sign of Kory yet right?

It may be too soon to tell, but Dick/Babs are a thing in a general DCU universe show that has a lot of Titans characters in, so maybe a Titans-like show isn't a guarantee to have Kory be The One either.

There is no chance in hell of that ever happening at this point, no matter how badly a vocal minority may want it.

They're here to stay, especially as far as adaptations go because nobody behind the scenes will want to use another love interest or make their own. Those kind of productions often have people who want to use the big characters.
    DCU actually has Dick and Kory because titans live action Dick and Babs had a fling and she already left the show after like three episodes. While I doubt dick Kory will be end game, they are still the main two characters in Titans live action. batgirl has a movie yeah but we have no idea how it’s gonna be. But I highly doubt Nightwing will show up or even be mentioned. There is no Dick Babs in DCU.

YJ we don’t know if Dick Babs are together. Not that far into season 4 yet. I think it could go either way since the writers said that they won’t rule out Dick and Zatanna getting back together. Also consider that YJ hasn’t been renewed for a 5th season yet, so we might never get a proper ending. Most YJ people associate Nightwing with Zatanna. No Kory yet.

And vocal minority? I don’t think so. Many people actually support both dick and babs dating other people and being end game with new characters outside batfamily. They are there to stay until WB/DC get their stuff together with Nightwing as a character. They don’t care to develop him or to not reduce him down to ships because that’s literally the only thing keeping him popular as a character. 90% of Nightwing talk is about his ships and that’s it. That’s a problem. And until we get rid of the shipping wars, I don’t know if Nightwing will ever be mainstream.
    Last edited by MakeNightwingGreatAgain; 11-17-2021 at 09:35 PM.

The staff writers once for Titans said DickKori is what they are going for. The writers made it clear multiple forms Babs wasn't endgame

even got hinted that her future husband will be a man named Jason in main continuity.
    can you actually provide a source on this ? I don't remember anything like this ever getting hinted

Mostly likely Jason Bard detective 1000. Which is probably the reason why in future State Nightwing doesn't say anything about Babs and only calls her Batgirl or Oracle the majority of the time. I mean this is future state Batman so I can't see why they wouldn't have given in hint with Tom now being in Nightwing at some point. But then again I guess why spoil the present . So right now there is a 50/50 chance of Jason Bard or another Jason. Could be Nightwing but with how future state looks I don't know

Also the Bateditor is a DickBabs shipper but never allowed it to go that far. Meaning that we could have had it for a long time but even the shipper most likely won't wedding to allow.

Let's be real Bateditors want Dick to always be a sidekick and so they will if they do it have him married and move him back to Gotham. He will just wind up being nothing more than a sidekick. Is that what you want
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-17-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Mostly likely Jason Bard detective 1000. Which is probably the reason why in future State Nightwing doesn't say anything about Babs and only calls her Batgirl or Oracle the majority of the time. I mean this is future state Batman so I can't see why they wouldn't have given in hint with Tom now being in Nightwing at some point.
    I'm asking for the source where this is hinted at, barbara did end with Bard in cecil's run and it got axed off-screen like it never even happened lol even Cecil herself seems to regret that bard x barbara ending since her death metal story is about dickbabs getting "married" and both saying they can't imagine their relationship not eventually turning into marriage lmao
    RCO058_1607404664.jpg
    And why are you bringing up future state ? You know it ends with dick and babs getting together right
    images.jpg

And yet in Nightwing Future State they don't say anything on their romance. Overall this is a bad idea Babs has never been healthy for Dick's love life and also once again how she is going to help him grow when she is also adding to him needing a separate existence from the Bats too we don't see him interacting with Titans at all. He is suppose to be both not just only Batfam. Conically Babs always been out the worst in Dick and herself. Dick has said that many times. And how she has acted all through out even before this shows us she shouldn't be with him. What will change now? But overall if it happens whatever.

Also the issue is even Dc stated future state and what lead to future state is some will happen and others won't. Because other parts of future states have yet to show us this. I will accept more of their relationship once they more of it. But I don't think it will make sense given every case Dc majority of time shows it to be unhealthy one

So was Nightwing Future State before Babs got taken or after? Also is future state official over or is Gotham future state going on still? What other titles for Batman still yet to finish
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-18-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    I'm asking for the source where this is hinted at, barbara did end with Bard in cecil's run and it got axed off-screen like it never even happened lol even Cecil herself seems to regret that bard x barbara ending since her death metal story is about dickbabs getting "married" and both saying they can't imagine their relationship not eventually turning into marriage lmao
    RCO058_1607404664.jpg
    And why are you bringing up future state ? You know it ends with dick and babs getting together right
    images.jpg
    For the Jason thing, detective comics somewhere around 1000. It’s funny because right after that, the Three Jokers content came out. I’m pretty sure it’s referring to Jason bard though. He was her first Main love interest who actually had a lot in common with her. Geoff Johns however does ship Jason and babs. Oddly enough, Seeley also was apart of Batman Eternal where Jason Babs was teased as well so I’d that tells you anything.

Cecil was actually really supportive of pre-crisis babs which is why they included all those call backs to her character. I don’t think she truly believed dick babs deserves to be together because she would have explored that in Batgirl. It was a clear editorial push. What build up did dick babs have to a marriage since N52 started? None. Not even in rebirth. The death metal thing was a clear mockery and quite disrespectful to both characters.

Also regarding future state, future state is not canon across the continuity. Some stuff in future state happens more recent, others happen more in the future but the overall gist is that it’s not canon at all and to be taken with a grain of salt. It’s a possible future, not the future. How many times has Dc done this exact thing lol If you think dick babs is together in future state, then bat cat having a kid is also canon now right? I think future state is too messy in its own continuity of events to be taken seriously (the bat continuity in particular).

One thing I will say, is that the fact that Jason and Babs actually do get a push from the major figure head at DC and have actually done the will they won’t attempt much less toxic like, makes me sympathize with dick babs shippers a little. Because anytime dick babs is pushed, it’s done in a very toxic way and at the expense of both character developments. While Jason and Artemis break up amicably and Jason is able to come process his feelings for babs in a positive way. In a way, Jason and Babs potential build up is a lot better than Dick Babs. Considering the fact that it’s been a thing since the start of N52. In not just Batman books, but also in the outsiders and elseworld content lol it’s really really odd but interesting to see.

For me, it just cements the idea that DC doesn’t wanna give dick any proper development or relationship build up.

Yea Dc did say not all things in future state are cannon . So how can we truth what will happen is cannon in mainstream until they happen in the present? I mean it's going to be an joy to see how DickBabs are in future state because other Batfam future state they don't even say anything about their relationship. Not only that this can be trick since several leaks came out and so far many have been right. But it can easily just be luck

With Batman and Catwoman wedding this means there will be a start for the wedding if it happens around a few times before 100. Since we aren't too far let's see how it goes

The question still stands what's the timeline with things like Gotham state, Nightwing and Next Batman because it feels like some of them happen differently when all of them are suppose to happen in the same time. And yet Babs is in Nightwing yet not Next Batman until she is rescued. So is there a timeline
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-18-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea Dc did say not all things in future state are cannon . So how can we truth what will happen is cannon in mainstream until they happen in the present? I mean it's going to be an joy to see how DickBabs are in future state because other Batfam future state they don't even say anything about their relationship. Not only that this can be trick since several leaks came out and so far many have been right. But it can easily just be luck

With Batman and Catwoman wedding this means there will be a start for the wedding if it happens around a few times before 100. Since we aren't too far let's see how it goes

The question still stands what's the timeline with things like Gotham state, Nightwing and Next Batman because it feels like some of them happen differently when all of them are suppose to happen in the same time. And yet Babs is in Nightwing yet not Next Batman until she is rescued. So is there a timeline
    Well, future state is not even a possible future after the events of fear state, so it's no longer really relevant. The magistrate was defeated, Jace is leaving to NY, Bruce is Batman, alive and abroad. Future state at this point is an alternate timeline.

It does seem that Taylor is going to keep them together for the time being, but the next writer would probably just do what they want.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, future state is not even a possible future after the events of fear state, so it's no longer really relevant. The magistrate was defeated, Jace is leaving to NY, Bruce is Batman, alive and abroad. Future state at this point is an alternate timeline.

It does seem that Taylor is going to keep them together for the time being, but the next writer would probably just do what they want.

Unless they get to a point It becomes irreversible.

For the Jason thing, detective comics somewhere around 1000. It’s funny because right after that, the Three Jokers content came out. I’m pretty sure it’s referring to Jason bard though. He was her first Main love interest who actually had a lot in common with her. Geoff Johns however does ship Jason and babs. Oddly enough, Seeley also was apart of Batman Eternal where Jason Babs was teased as well so I’d that tells you anything.

Cecil was actually really supportive of pre-crisis babs which is why they included all those call backs to her character. I don’t think she truly believed dick babs deserves to be together because she would have explored that in Batgirl. It was a clear editorial push. What build up did dick babs have to a marriage since N52 started? None. Not even in rebirth. The death metal thing was a clear mockery and quite disrespectful to both characters.

Also regarding future state, future state is not canon across the continuity. Some stuff in future state happens more recent, others happen more in the future but the overall gist is that it’s not canon at all and to be taken with a grain of salt. It’s a possible future, not the future. How many times has Dc done this exact thing lol If you think dick babs is together in future state, then bat cat having a kid is also canon now right? I think future state is too messy in its own continuity of events to be taken seriously (the bat continuity in particular).

One thing I will say, is that the fact that Jason and Babs actually do get a push from the major figure head at DC and have actually done the will they won’t attempt much less toxic like, makes me sympathize with dick babs shippers a little. Because anytime dick babs is pushed, it’s done in a very toxic way and at the expense of both character developments. While Jason and Artemis break up amicably and Jason is able to come process his feelings for babs in a positive way. In a way, Jason and Babs potential build up is a lot better than Dick Babs. Considering the fact that it’s been a thing since the start of N52. In not just Batman books, but also in the outsiders and elseworld content lol it’s really really odd but interesting to see.

For me, it just cements the idea that DC doesn’t wanna give dick any proper development or relationship build up.
    Ok I'll look for that later but give it some context cause I find really weird if DC wants Bard/Barbara as a real thing on future why would them allow writters to just split them up off-screen and have Babs and Dick back together as a couple ?
    About Todd yeah sure Geoff Johns is one of the few persons whos actually into this couple but even he himself knows it's just a crackship with no chance at all
    In Batman:Eternal Barbara only starts thinking of Jason as a potential romantic partner after she sees a glimpse of Dick in him which makes Jason mad
    In Three Jokers their romance is pretty much one-sided the whole time, they kissed but barbara makes it clear to the very end she's not into Jason, then there's his letter going to trash can at end pretty much symbolizing their relationship ain't going nowhere
    About Cecil's run it's just a messy fanfic when it comes to romance, most of it has Dick portrayed as the childhood/first love who happens to be a real jerk only going after Barbara for sex until she meets a better guy and goes for him, Cecil herself admitted it on her twitter lol
    Again Cecil herself said on her blog it was her choice to write that dickbabs story on death metal so it was no "editorial push" it's pretty much an apologise after everyone was calling her out on how OOC Barbara was acting towards Dick in #50 literally victim blaming Dick only to push Bard x barbara
    HTML Code:
    The death metal thing was a clear mockery and quite disrespectful to both characters.
    why you say that ? It's literally one of the few times cecil gets Dick's character right lol
    HTML Code:
    What build up did dick babs have to a marriage since N52 started? None
    Aside from them being constantly portrayed as each other's soulmate ?