Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Anyone have any idea in which issues Dickbat met Kory? I think he met Barbara as Dickbat in batgirl but if there are any other notable instances would like to know about them also.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Anyone have any idea in which issues Dickbat met Kory? I think he met Barbara as Dickbat in batgirl but if there are any other notable instances would like to know about them also.
    Look through 2008 titans

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s happening right now as we speak.
    It just Proably doesn’t satisfy you
    DC has made it abundantly clear they want Dick to play the field. Tom Taylor is using Call backs to the Dixon Era where dixon himself didn’t even intend to write dick and babs. This is just Tom Taylor DickBabs fanfic. Dick isn’t even with Babs in most content even in his own solo. This is the first time Dick Babs have been “together” in years. It doesn’t satisfy lots of people and is a major reason why people don’t take Dick seriously in the first place.

Incredible Member

He’s not dependent he’s not dumbed down
    It’s okay for people to be good at different things and it’s okay for people to work together. Babs and Dick have been teaming up for decades and it’s not gonna stop now. Upset fans of Babs need to chill, the woman had a solo for the last ten years now she is revolving through all the bat books helping everyone why is it a problem when she helps Dick?
    Some people don`t see reason. No matter how much sense your making, because the story is not the exact story cocktail to match their head canon, it sucks.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 11-12-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    DC has made it abundantly clear they want Dick to play the field. Tom Taylor is using Call backs to the Dixon Era where dixon himself didn’t even intend to write dick and babs. This is just Tom Taylor DickBabs fanfic. Dick isn’t even with Babs in most content even in his own solo. This is the first time Dick Babs have been “together” in years. It doesn’t satisfy lots of people and is a major reason why people don’t take Dick seriously in the first place.
    Except it is not Fanfic. Its canon. At the moment they are currently dating. If she was in more content with him, would you not complain about that as well?

Fans need to understand, a plot point you do not like does not equal fanfic. Like it or not, for years Dick and Barbara have been in the "will they won`t they" holding pattern. Editorial has just given it the go ahead this time around.

A take on a character your not interested in does automatically equate to OoC.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 11-12-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Some people don`t see reason. No matter how much sense your making, because the story is not the exact story cocktail to match their head canon, it sucks.
    Oh it doesn't suck, it's okey.

Incredible Member

That's your opinion. Plenty of people really enjoy it. But your overreacting when you say he`s being dumbed down or inefficient. The man has been plenty efficient and there have been plenty of moments that highlight his skills during the run.

The problem is the Nightwing fan base is full of some of the most sensitive over exaggerators in all of comics.

That's your opinion. Plenty of people really enjoy it. But your overreacting when you say he`s being dumbed down or inefficient. The man has been plenty efficient and there have been plenty of moments that highlight his skills during the run.

The problem is the Nightwing fan base is full of some of the most sensitive over exaggerators in all of comics.

So, it's not okey? Yeah, it's my opinion and it's just an opinion. Talk of sensitive and over exaggerated.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 11-12-2021 at 08:13 PM.

BANNED

Look through 2008 titans
    Much obliged.

Except it is not Fanfic. Its canon. At the moment they are currently dating. If she was in more content with him, would you not complain about that as well?

Fans need to understand, a plot point you do not like does not equal fanfic. Like it or not, for years Dick and Barbara have been in the "will they won`t they" holding pattern. Editorial has just given it the go ahead this time around.

A take on a character your not interested in does automatically equate to OoC.
    Dick and babs have been will they won’t they for years and that’s for a reason. It’s like I said DC finds dick more profitable as a womanizer who has commitment issues. Think about it, most of the talk about Dick is about who he is dating. If DC or WB cared about making dick babs a couple then they wouldn’t act like it doesn’t exist 90% of the time. Editorial has given this exact situation the go ahead several times in the past. The last time it happened towards the end of Grayson for some dumb reason.

Dick babs relationship dumbs down both dick and babs and it’s the truth. WB sees it, DC sees it and other comic readers see it as well. It’s one thing for a writer to have a take on a character, it’s another to write them completely without any skills or characterization they previously had. This whole run serves to bring you dick babs fanfic Becuase Dick is portrayed so badly it hurts. I’d even say he is nothing like the Dixon character either.

It’s fine to like Taylor’s approach, but people are also allowed to speak Thier minds about it without others trying to discredit them by saying their opinion doesn’t matter.

And TBH yes i would be mad. I’m tired of dick babs because both characters are horrible for each other and when they were both at their best, they were with other people. Dick has been dumbed down incredibly over the years to be who he is today. Then Babs lost all her development that made her becoming oracle significant in the first place. Hell, DC threw away her first major love interest who was there with her for longer than Dick was with Kory. Both Dick and Babs need to move on.

I think DickBabs is very appealable to people who don't season their food.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    LMAO! Now that's a funny comparison

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I do like my food mild, if I use seasonings at all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Dick and babs have been will they won’t they for years and that’s for a reason. It’s like I said DC finds dick more profitable as a womanizer who has commitment issues. Think about it, most of the talk about Dick is about who he is dating. If DC or WB cared about making dick babs a couple then they wouldn’t act like it doesn’t exist 90% of the time. Editorial has given this exact situation the go ahead several times in the past. The last time it happened towards the end of Grayson for some dumb reason.

Dick babs relationship dumbs down both dick and babs and it’s the truth. WB sees it, DC sees it and other comic readers see it as well. It’s one thing for a writer to have a take on a character, it’s another to write them completely without any skills or characterization they previously had. This whole run serves to bring you dick babs fanfic Becuase Dick is portrayed so badly it hurts. I’d even say he is nothing like the Dixon character either.

It’s fine to like Taylor’s approach, but people are also allowed to speak Thier minds about it without others trying to discredit them by saying their opinion doesn’t matter.

And TBH yes i would be mad. I’m tired of dick babs because both characters are horrible for each other and when they were both at their best, they were with other people. Dick has been dumbed down incredibly over the years to be who he is today. Then Babs lost all her development that made her becoming oracle significant in the first place. Hell, DC threw away her first major love interest who was there with her for longer than Dick was with Kory. Both Dick and Babs need to move on.

It’s fine to like Taylor approach and and it’s fine to not like it. You are free to your opinions and feelings and have a right to share it. But when you say things like being around Babs makes him dumb I am gonna pull that apart. Dick isn’t dumb for not being able to do somthing as well as she can. Do you think babs is weak becuase she might not be able to lift as much as one of her male teammates? Is somone dumb becuase they are not adept to solving math problems as well as somone else. You must not like it when he works with Tim drake either then? Nearly everyone in the DC universe is labeled a genius, however most of them specialize in different fields which is why they tend to come together and solve problems as a team. So perhaps Babs and dick are not your preferred team, but the reason you list would prevent Dick from working with many other heroes as well.

Dick isn’t dumb for not being able to do somthing as well as she can.
    When she isn't around, he can, or finds a different way.

You must not like it when he works with Tim drake either then?
    I don't! It's a whole bat family problem. They all have the same core abilities, so for one shine everybody else needs to be less.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 11-14-2021 at 10:40 AM.