Astonishing Member

Default Oliver vs. the Titans

This might have been done before but I'm asking:

Oliver from Arrow at his peak training (not as Spectre, ha ha)

vs.

Dick
    Jason
    Hawk
    Dove

The setting is a major urban downtown. They are hunting each other.

Personally, I think it is quite easy for Ollie as the named Titans seem rather incompetent in the latest show episodes.

I left out the superpowered for obvious reasons even though he might get the drop on Raven and Gar.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

At first I thought this was going to be Oliver from Oliver and Company. Then I thought of old Ollie Cromwell.

I forgot there was a Green Arrow character called that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    At first I thought this was going to be Oliver from Oliver and Company.
    I was thinking the same thing, as well as WTF kind of upgrade did Oliver get to stand a chance in this? Did he get the powers of Catra or Cheetah? Or did he get possessed by Grumpycat and become a God?

Astonishing Member

We've seen how blindingly incompetent those folks are in a fight? Dick gets shot by civilians. Jason gets clobbered by a thug with a Glock and can't hit the broadside of a barn with his guns. Hawk and Dove are no great H2H titans. Oliver can draw his bow and shoot an incoming RPG at close range.

So it's Arrow Ollie not Laurel and Hardy Ollie. Not Oliver twist and not the Olive Garden come to life like a street on Doom Patrol (although that is an interesting concept).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    We've seen how blindingly incompetent those folks are in a fight? Dick gets shot by civilians. Jason gets clobbered by a thug with a Glock and can't hit the broadside of a barn with his guns. Hawk and Dove are no great H2H titans. Oliver can draw his bow and shoot an incoming RPG at close range.
    In your defence, it’s absolutely not your usual style, but given your above analysis this feels a bit like taking a weekend city break to intentional stomp country just to make a point about how incompetent the Titans are.

Even in the OP you’ve said you think it’s quite easy for Ollie and talked about their incompetence.

Not really how we usually do things, is it?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    not the Olive Garden come to life like a street on Doom Patrol (although that is an interesting concept).
    Sentient composite Olive Garden vs. Actual Greek Titans! Can their Endless Breadsticks actually sate Gaia and all her kids? Can their pasta prevent Kronos's wrath? Can Prometheus digest a beer or two before eagles rip out his liver?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it is something of a stomp. I'm sorry. Maybe I should have used Teen Titans Go! They are more competent than the live Titans but their superpowers would win easily. How about Teen Titans Go! vs the Live Titans - oh, that would be a stomp for Go! Their Raven alone could do it. Their Cyborg once manifested a weapon that knocked out Darkseid.

Oh, I need to stop now!

I think we're done here.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.