Astonishing Member

Default Larry Bodine from New Mutants 45 in Current Krakoa?

Larry Bodine was the mutant that committed suicide during the classic New Mutants 45 by Claremont/Jackson Guice. I'm curious if he was resurrected off panel or if he's low on priorities, I can see Kitty and the former New mutants asked for him, I mean it be nice if he's referenced in the current X-books.

Incredible Member

It would be nice to se him, the guy who melt and died that was part of the Hope lights, the monstruos kid that got killed by police in Morrison`s run and the two kids that were killed at the beginin of Man loves Men kill. But let's not get our hope high.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

There was a boy killed by a human mob just outside the school grounds.

Also Ghost Boy...
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    There was a boy killed by a human mob just outside the school grounds.

Also Ghost Boy...
    oh yes, you talking about the one killed right after AOA when the regular timeline was restored. X-MEN Prime one shot.

Why would any of the New Mutants wanted him back....he was the kid harassing Stevie Hunter?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why would any of the New Mutants wanted him back....he was the kid harassing Stevie Hunter?
    No he wasn't. I believe that kid's name was Peter Bristow.

Larry Bodine was a shy, awkward kid who tried to make conversation with the New Mutants by telling a joke. Unfortunately it was about mutants. He committed suicide.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

I hope he stays dead. Bringing him back would just cheapen his death.

Edit: Haven't read current x-titles yet but if I understand how the resurrection works, they need to have to deceased mutants' memory/brain patterns (or whatever its called) first correct? If so, I don't see how they could have backed up Bodine's brain patterns before he killed himself. None of the x-characters, except for Kitty, interacted with him much.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 10-17-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

Edit: Haven't read current x-titles yet but if I understand how the resurrection works, they need to have to deceased mutants' memory/brain patterns (or whatever its called) first correct? If so, I don't see how they could have backed up Bodine's brain patterns before he killed himself. None of the x-characters, except for Kitty, interacted with him much.
    Accounting for that you haven't really caught the details?

Nothing I have read the entire time seems to rule out him being backed up.

Is there something specific that you have heard that pointed to that?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

I think Cerebro has been backing up the brain patterns of just about every mutant on Earth.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Larry Bodine was the mutant that committed suicide during the classic New Mutants 45 by Claremont/Jackson Guice. I'm curious if he was resurrected off panel or if he's low on priorities, I can see Kitty and the former New mutants asked for him, I mean it be nice if he's referenced in the current X-books.
    I doubt writers even remember Larry Bodine to bring him back.