Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How powerful is Knull?

I haven't read a Marvel comic for like 2 and a half years now (and even before that, only sporadically), but I saw some panels and discussions online that Knull aka the King in Black was some extremely powerful crossover villain.
    As far as I saw, he actually killed the Sentry (and didn't the latter also have a pretty big upgrade?) by ripping him apart.

So where does he stand? Skyfather Level?
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-16-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Honestly he felt inconsistent up and down. A bunch of far lesser crap hurt him at various points before and after, even in various other stuff where he had appeared before King in Black, as far as flying in the face of the idea that he could just tear apart the Sentry like nothing. And then he himself went out like a hilarious chump to Venom with the uni-power, thor's hammer and the surfer's board (Eddie Brock could wield mjolnir to the point of summoning it away from Thor himself and in fact fuse it with the surfer's board you ask? No, no. Don't in fact ask).

He was a pretty strong example of "as powerful as the plot in any given moment wanted him to be."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Honestly he felt inconsistent up and down. A bunch of far lesser crap hurt him at various points before and after, even in various other stuff where he had appeared before King in Black, as far as flying in the face of the idea that he could just tear apart the Sentry like nothing. And then he himself went out like a hilarious chump to Venom with the uni-power, thor's hammer and the surfer's board (Eddie Brock could wield mjolnir to the point of summoning it away from Thor himself and in fact fuse it with the surfer's board you ask? No, no. Don't in fact ask).

He was a pretty strong example of "as powerful as the plot in any given moment wanted him to be."
    Didn’t Knull make that super sword that was killing gods too? Or am I misremembering?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

He seemed very powerful from the things i heard like the Sentry feat and bodying the Hulk and all, but if he's that inconsistent I guess it's just comics doing things again
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Mjolnir's enchantment works differently now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Didn’t Knull make that super sword that was killing gods too? Or am I misremembering?
    He's connected to it, but I don't remember the exact specifics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As far as I saw, he actually killed the Sentry (and didn't the latter also have a pretty big upgrade?)
    Not as far as this storyline was concerned, despite what 3 different writers in 3 different comics showed about the character beforehand. The Sentry in King in Black was straight out of 2005 New Avengers, just replace Captain America ordering Sentry to tackle the Collective into orbit then, with Captain America ordering Sentry to tackle Knull into orbit now. The only reason Sentry was used in that event was for the writer to reverse the Carnage death scene on Sentry, from that same New Avengers run, and editorial oversight isn't what it used to be.

I didn't like how he resorted to cowardly tactics whenever things got challenging, like deploying minions to distract Thor then stabbing him through the back which Thor survived as a flesh wound despite that weapon decapitating a Celestial while unforged (and even worse when considering the Valkyries tie-in showed that sword was further boosted by souls fed by a dead corrupted Celestial). And then outright trying to swarm Eddie with symbiote dragons to get himself away from him...

Not a fan of that guy's presentation at all.
    Last edited by Wildling; 10-15-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Mighty Member

From what i know thought people at times he would even become as powerful as The Edgiest Knight, but turned out to be not even truly comparable with a classical Odin.

Incredible Member

Meh. My Dad could beat him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    He seemed very powerful from the things i heard like the Sentry feat and bodying the Hulk and all, but if he's that inconsistent I guess it's just comics doing things again
    Safe to say, due to the inconsistencies, his feats are.... Knull and void.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So he's basically at Superboy-Prime levels of inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So he's basically at Superboy-Prime levels of inconsistency.
    Not a bad way of looking at it.

BANNED

Knull was powerful only when not exposed to sunlight like all the abominations of dark. The exact opposite of prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Knull was powerful only when not exposed to sunlight like all the abominations of dark. The exact opposite of prime.
    Bizzaro Prime.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Bizzaro Prime.
    Well, that would explain why Knull's dialogue was relatively riveting and intelligent, instead of insipid stupidity like "I'LL KILL YOU DEAD!"
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, that would explain why Knull's dialogue was relatively riveting and intelligent, instead of insipid stupidity like "I'LL KILL YOU DEAD!"
    It smacks of baby's first edgelord, honestly. He's about as deep as as a flat surface.

DARKNESS IS TRUTH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!

Is about on par with "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH."

Arx Inosaan