View Poll Results: Who Is The Smartest Member of The Bat Family?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruce Wayne

17 54.84%
  • Barbara Gordon

12 38.71%
  • Tim Drake

2 6.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Who Is Smarter Bruce, Tim, or Barbara?

While Dick, Damian, Jason, and other are portrayed as geniuses, these three are the most often brought up amidst discussion of the smartest characters in the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    While Dick, Damian, Jason, and other are portrayed as geniuses, these three are the most often brought up amidst discussion of the smartest characters in the DC Universe.
    Define "smarter" here.

Smarter in which way?

Smarter in terms of schooling? Smarter in terms of experience?

And shouldn't Michael Holt be up there in terms of "smartest characters in the DC Universe"?!?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bruce is the World's Greatest Detective
    Tim will be better than him in the future
    Babs is the best hacker

Babs is better at either of them on computers (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Define "smarter" here.

Smarter in which way?

And shouldn't Michael Holt be up there in terms of "smartest characters in the DC Universe"?!?
    You've completely lost me major. The discussion here is Batman characters, we're not talking about everyone.

Bruce hands down, and it's not even that close. Though I would say Babs does have him beat in certain areas, but overall Batman. Don't even know why Tim was included here. As far as the Bat Fam as a whole is concerned I'd have Damian and possibly even Luke over Tim in regards to 'Overall Intelligence'

Define "smarter" here.

Smarter in which way?

I'm sure there are a lot of people as smart as these in the DCU. It doens't stops with Terrific.

And, yeah, smarter how, indeed. There's a lot of different ways one can be smart. Intelligence isn't just one parameter.

And also, they all are as smart as writers need them to be.

But I guess that this tread is more about the bats and just for discussing smarts overall than some sort of competition. I'll choose one and say Babs.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-16-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Voted for Bruce. It's close but Bruce has more feats.
    I've read enough Tim to know that we are often told he is smart however judging by what we see them accomplish Babs, Dick, Damian and Duke are shown to be smarter than he is [intellect]

i know that tech, electronics and systems Babs and Damian are more skilled based on fears we are shown.

Dick is a much better Detective than Tim so I'm not sure what we are basing one of the smartest people in the DCu when he is bested by quite a few members of the bat family

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I've read enough Tim to know that we are often told he is smart however judging by what we see them accomplish Babs, Dick, Damian and Duke are shown to be smarter than he is [intellect]

i know that tech, electronics and systems Babs and Damian are more skilled based on fears we are shown.

Dick is a much better Detective than Tim so I'm not sure what we are basing one of the smartest people in the DCu when he is bested by quite a few members of the bat family
    Is it really though? All fields considered, Bruce has everyone in the Bat Fam beat pretty solidly. Outside of a few areas, perhaps Babs bests him when it comes to CPU stuff, but he has her beat in pretty much every other category. And none of the others really have feats that say they outrank him in any department.

Bruce imo hands down is the smartest of the pack. His experience playing a huge role in that.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

When was this established? Dick was always depicted as the better fighter but Tim was the better detective. Hell, he deduced Batman's secret identity at 9-13 years old, which, for some reason, few have been able to do.

When was this established? Dick was always depicted as the better fighter but Tim was the better detective. Hell, he deduced Batman's secret identity at 9-13 years old, which, for some reason, few have been able to do.
    That has always been the case. Dick has far more impressive cases even before Tim was introduced.
    He taught Tim everything he knows about working a case.
    Tim figuring out Batman's secret identity had nothing to do with smarts or skills. He simply recognised a special move he witnessed on the most memorable/traumatic day of his life.

Just the stories from the hudson era alone [without looking at Dick whole library] are proof enough.

There's a reason why Dick was called the world's 2nd best detective.

You've completely lost me major. The discussion here is Batman characters, we're not talking about everyone.
    However, you were the one who went a bit overboard with:
    You mention "smartest characters in the DC Universe and I don't know if any of the three you mention crack the Top Ten in the entire DC Universe.

However, you were the one who went a bit overboard with:You mention "smartest characters in the DC Universe and I don't know if any of the three you mention crack the Top Ten in the entire DC Universe.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EkCPX6&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EyRxe0&ampcf=1

I don't put too much stock in CBR's clickbait articles, but at least it goes to show that Bruce, Tim, and Babara are often perceived as the smartest members of the Batfamily.

I voted Barbara. For her Oracle role existence.

In this day and age you got to specify what you mean by smart.

Bruce and Tim are experts at deductive reasoning and to prepare for unforeseen circumstances.

Barbara is computer whiz who is able to scour and find any information with ease and hack into anything. She is also good at DIY since she was able to create her own gadgets especially when she started out as Batgirl.

Dick's main talent is being able to do the Captain America thing of being able to organize a disparate group of individuals into an efficient fighting force.