Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damian brings up Tim being Drake. But wasn't that during Damian's time with his second Titans team? As well as when Dick was Ric? This book kinda paints itself into a corner on the whole continuity thing. To the point where it's just best to say that it's not canon.
    I think that Damian ALSO made a DRAKE mention in another comic after Tim returned to Robin again.

But I forgot where.

I think that in a Batman/Detective Comics issue where all the ROBINS were reunited before Robin 1 release.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-21-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird. I'd think the twitter/tumblr community would go as wild about this as they did the webtoon.
    Oh. No. Half of Tumblr/Twitter hate Seeley for categorizing Robin in boxes which he did since Batman and Robin Eternal (on top of sexualizing Dick too much and writing him more as a Charmer and Improviser than Planner). The other half hate Robins for being a definite win against Justice League Queer, Blue Beetle, or everything else.

The difference in content is the webtoon takes what fans already like and does in fandom and make it canon, while Seeley's choice of alteration is not what they like. For example, depicting Damian as arrogant, kid Jason as a crook, while in webtoon Damian is a brat but a cutie, and while Jason is the bad boy of the fam, it's more cute and present, not touching the past and perpetuating that he's the Bad Robin stereotype.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

How the hell is Wayne Family Adventures making anything canon?

Is just yet another alternate universe using Batman characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

People gonna belive what they want

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. No. Half of Tumblr/Twitter hate Seeley for categorizing Robin in boxes which he did since Batman and Robin Eternal (on top of sexualizing Dick too much and writing him more as a Charmer and Improviser than Planner). The other half hate Robins for being a definite win against Justice League Queer, Blue Beetle, or everything else.

The difference in content is the webtoon takes what fans already like and does in fandom and make it canon, while Seeley's choice of alteration is not what they like. For example, depicting Damian as arrogant, kid Jason as a crook, while in webtoon Damian is a brat but a cutie, and while Jason is the bad boy of the fam, it's more cute and present, not touching the past and perpetuating that he's the Bad Robin stereotype.
    Yep, they are still mad about this.

I love the Wayne Family Adventures, but the depictions of the Batfamily here are way more OOC than in Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yep, they are still mad about this.

I love the Wayne Family Adventures, but the depictions of the Batfamily here are way more OOC than in Robins.
    I don't know about that. Seeley's Robins character feel a lot unlike their actual main line comic analogues. Included Dick, which is something I honestly wasn't expecting from Seeley.

I mean, all-goofy allways loving Dick? Ehh... Distressed-estressed-barely-awake Tim? Eh... Damian was OK, I guess. A bit too cartoonish. Jason was too cartoonish and definitely saying things I can't see him saying at all. I mean, it reads as much as fanfiction (and there's rreally good fanfiction out there, just to be clear) as the Wayne Family webtoon; maybe even more, because some things feel depth-lacking, and aren't subtle at all, and has the same problem with blatant exposition that Seeley's short story about the bats being captured had in Gothan Nights (I mean, I don't think people talk about themselves with their peers like that). But it's ok, it's an enjoyable read. I can keep reading, it's an allright read for me. Same as that webtoon and a lot of fanfics.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-21-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Batman having an issue with killing is something that really only started in the 90's. Before that Batman didn't have much (if any) issues with either taking down criminals or letting them kill themselves one way or another. The one that struck the most to me was during the Venom arc, where Batman intentionally dropped the drug in front of the scientist that developed the Venom so he would OD.
    Yeah, the big reason Batman's no-kill speeches sound so hollow is that... it's a huge "do as I say" thing, that he never actually lived up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Given Seely's deep diving for continuity, I'm wondering if it's going to possibly involve Harvey Harris, to whom Bruce was the original Robin Pre-Crisis. They're obviously not going whole hog but there's enough to make me wonder.
    So after issue 2 brings in the mooks introduced- and only used- in Superfriends #1, I feel like this is feeling a tad more likely than I initially thought.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Canon here means officially published by DC instead of fan-made. The context being Fanon characterization vs Canon characterization.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-09-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Canon here means officially published by DC instead of fan-made. The context being Fanon characterization vs Canon characterization.
    Is not being officially published by DC, is being published by WebToon