Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wonder what her relationship with Bruce will be. If he actually did work with her or if she is just completely delusional.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Is that Jim Starlin's Batman? I haven't read much of his run, save for his most famous stories (The Cult, Ten Nights of the Beast and A Death on the Family). I loved two out of three, but his Batman is way too brutal for my tastes. Zack Snyder's Batman reminded me of Starlin's version of the character, multiplied by ten
    Mostly but not only, in TEC #590 by Allan Grant (published around the same time) he caused first someone to fall out of window and getting impaled on a fence and than crashed a car into a group of terrorist which caused them to be blown up.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Batman having an issue with killing is something that really only started in the 90's. Before that Batman didn't have much (if any) issues with either taking down criminals or letting them kill themselves one way or another. The one that struck the most to me was during the Venom arc, where Batman intentionally dropped the drug in front of the scientist that developed the Venom so he would OD.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder what her relationship with Bruce will be. If he actually did work with her or if she is just completely delusional.
    Given Seely's deep diving for continuity, I'm wondering if it's going to possibly involve Harvey Harris, to whom Bruce was the original Robin Pre-Crisis. They're obviously not going whole hog but there's enough to make me wonder.

Man. They have been TEARING this book to shreds on twitter XD

I mean...it's, by no means, perfect. Some of the characterization reads less like someone who knows these guys and more like someone who read the "personalities" section of their wiki pages. But damn. It's not that bad. For a little one-off story that's clearly not canon, it's pretty alright so far.

Or maybe I'm just into it cuz I like seeing all the Robins (Steph included) together.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Let's be real, this could have been the greatest book ever written, but twitter would still call it bad. Because their preferrred book lost.

I mean...it's, by no means, perfect. Some of the characterization reads less like someone who knows these guys and more like someone who read the "personalities" section of their wiki pages. But damn. It's not that bad. For a little one-off story that's clearly not canon, it's pretty alright so far.

Or maybe I'm just into it cuz I like seeing all the Robins (Steph included) together.
    Weird. I'd think the twitter/tumblr community would go as wild about this as they did the webtoon.

Its not in continuity? I thought that it was.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Apparently, it should "fit" continuity.
    The Robins costumes/ codenames are kind of all over the place, but from what I understand from Seeley's tweet, it's still part of the continuity.
    tumblr_52b6951e94cdbacc72a261d581e644f2_6fa46285_540.jpg

I'd prefer a completely delusional Jenny Fren that was saved by Batman and Robin and that's when her delusions begin, but I'm treating this as an out of continuity book so I don't really care.

It was a fun first Issue. Not perfect but really not as bad as some people claim it to be. Twitter and Tumblr just have had a vendetta against Seeley since he was on Grayson. But I do hope we see more of the suited-up Robins from now on because I think the artist has a better handle on the characters when he is drawing them in costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Apparently, it should "fit" continuity.
    The Robins costumes/ codenames are kind of all over the place, but from what I understand from Seeley's tweet, it's still part of the continuity.
    tumblr_52b6951e94cdbacc72a261d581e644f2_6fa46285_540.jpg
    So like challenge of the supersons somthing you can fit in the timeline but also not present

It works if it's during Seeley's Nightwing run (though Tim's costume should have RR on it and not just R in that case). Can't work after the Teen Titans roster change that introduced Crush and Roundhouse though, as Damian was separated from Bruce at that point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But the Garzonas in Robins is Felippes father Jose Garzonas, who died one issue after Felippe in Batman #425, the issue before Death in the Family.

And Jose Garzonas died in that issue during shoot out in junk yard, when a pile of cars fell on him.
    While the appearance suggested to me that this Jose and that Jose are one and the same, it did occur to me at least even while reading that this could be another "Son of" situation ... an older brother type scenario, retconned in. Jose Junior, so to speak. I think thematically I like that, though I suspect we're just getting a "Jose Sr. didn't die" situation playing out.

Agreed with most; the continuity is a bit all over the place in favor of selecting notable foes for an evil team-up that have some thematic relevance and fit with this "Other Robin" Jenny Wren figure. Otherwise as for characterization - I noticed the sort of undetailed characterization too. Seeley is usually very on point, so I actually kind of suspected some of that might just be from the artist, who does a capable job but doesn't exactly infuse any of our Robins with the visual tics of their personalities that would fill in the gaps of the pretty basic characterization on display in their dialogue and action.

But I'm also treating it as loose or not quite continuity anyway, so I'm not too terribly offended.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    With how inaccurate it is with their backstories? Naah. Not in cont.

But then, it seems that now everything is in continuity, no matter if there're straight contradictions in there. So, I guess it could be.

I think it was alright. I wasn't expecting much more, to be honest. Just an ejoyable read.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It works if it's during Seeley's Nightwing run (though Tim's costume should have RR on it and not just R in that case). Can't work after the Teen Titans roster change that introduced Crush and Roundhouse though, as Damian was separated from Bruce at that point.
    Damian makes fun of Tim's Drake codename. So it runs in present-ish time. And also, Tim was pressumed dead most of that time IIRC (I mean, most of the time Seeley was in Nightwing).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-20-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Damian brings up Tim being Drake. But wasn't that during Damian's time with his second Titans team? As well as when Dick was Ric? This book kinda paints itself into a corner on the whole continuity thing. To the point where it's just best to say that it's not canon.