Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Got to read it via... other means.

Anyway, it has many of the things that I don't like about Batfamily, but it was better than expected and I guess its cool that it is bringing back some old characters that are not used that much these days.
    Same for the first part.

It was okay, and good to see the Robins not at one another's throats outside of The Wayne Family Adventures. But, one issue isn't much to go on.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I found it amusing that they're using shading and light reflection to make it look like Jason has the streak.

Extraordinary Member

The continuity of this seem,s pretty wanky.

Garzonas was the Jason's last case before DitF, not his first, and that guy died when a bunch of car wracks fell on him.

Obeah Man killed Tim's mother, but that happened before Tim became Robin, and Batman went alone to faced Obeah Man, while Tim stayed behind in Gotham and took down Money Spider/Anarky.

Jason's "Gauntlet" happened in "Nightwing: Year One" and they ended iirc up facing Two Face iirc.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Yeah, is clear Seeley is going for Jason most well-known story as Robin and just picking the one he liked for the others. Although I doubt this will be more than meaningless fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The continuity of this seem,s pretty wanky.

Garzonas was the Jason's last case before DitF, not his first, and that guy died when a bunch of car wracks fell on him.

Obeah Man killed Tim's mother, but that happened before Tim became Robin, and Batman went alone to faced Obeah Man, while Tim stayed behind in Gotham and took down Money Spider/Anarky.

Jason's "Gauntlet" happened in "Nightwing: Year One" and they ended iirc up facing Two Face iirc.
    Garzonas (the son) actually fell to his death. Be it accident or on purpose, Jason was right there. And the reason for Jason's intense reaction was because Felippe (if I spelled it right) was a serial rapist and drove one of his victims to suicide. Which, understandably, led to Jason going straight after the guy and the circumstances around his death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Garzonas (the son) actually fell to his death. Be it accident or on purpose, Jason was right there. And the reason for Jason's intense reaction was because Felippe (if I spelled it right) was a serial rapist and drove one of his victims to suicide. Which, understandably, led to Jason going straight after the guy and the circumstances around his death.
    But the Garzonas in Robins is Felippes father Jose Garzonas, who died one issue after Felippe in Batman #425, the issue before Death in the Family.

And Jose Garzonas died in that issue during shoot out in junk yard, when a pile of cars fell on him.

But the Garzonas in Robins is Felippes father Jose Garzonas, who died one issue after Felippe in Batman #425, the issue before Death in the Family.

And Jose Garzonas died in that issue during shoot out in junk yard, when a pile of cars fell on him.
    Ha! And Bruce gets on Jason's case for killing scum of the earth.

Smh! People online are loosing their **** saying that Seeley gave Dick Tim's speech about Robin.

Annoyed rant..... begin

are people stupid or are some stans just clueless? We all follow the comics. We all read the comics

Seeley didn't give Dick Tim's line about Robin. Dick IS the Robin that brought light to batman Dick is the ONLY Robin who made Batman's world lighter. The idea that Robin is Batman's light originates from Dick's tenure.

Before Dick Batman used to kill and was much Darker. The comics are proof. No other Robin achieved that. Tim is the Robin that said Batman needs a Robin but went solo. Seeley was being factual.

I don't understand why some still believe that rubbish about Robin being Batman's light. Robin was never batman's light. Batman's world has gotten darker with each Robin after Dick Grayson.

Just because a 13 yr old obsessed fanboy said it doesn't make it true. Tim Drake was wrong.

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Smh! People online are loosing their **** saying that Seeley gave Dick Tim's speech about Robin.

Annoyed rant..... begin

are people stupid or are some stans just clueless? We all follow the comics. We all read the comics

Seeley didn't give Dick Tim's line about Robin. Dick IS the Robin that brought light to batman Dick is the ONLY Robin who made Batman's world lighter. The idea that Robin is Batman's light originates from Dick's tenure.

Before Dick Batman used to kill and was much Darker. The comics are proof. No other Robin achieved that. Tim is the Robin that said Batman needs a Robin but went solo. Seeley was being factual.

I don't understand why some still believe that rubbish about Robin being Batman's light. Robin was never batman's light. Batman's world has gotten darker with each Robin after Dick Grayson.

Just because a 13 yr old obsessed fanboy said it doesn't make it true. Tim Drake was wrong.

Rant over
    Where do you think Tim got the idea for it from? It's part of why Bruce made Jason Robin in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ha! And Bruce gets on Jason's case for killing scum of the earth.
    He also caused some of Garzonas henchman to shoot each other in this issue.

Thing is Batman was way more Brutal in the comics of that time.

People often use the comics of that time to show how brutal and out of control Jason was at the time, and ignore that Bruce did similar stuff at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Didn't Robin go solo because John-Paul banned him from the Batcave?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He also caused some of Garzonas henchman to shoot each other in this issue.

Thing is Batman was way more Brutal in the comics of that time.

People often use the comics of that time to show how brutal and out of control Jason was at the time, and ignore that Bruce did similar stuff at the time.
    Is that Jim Starlin's Batman? I haven't read much of his run, save for his most famous stories (The Cult, Ten Nights of the Beast and A Death on the Family). I loved two out of three, but his Batman is way too brutal for my tastes. Zack Snyder's Batman reminded me of Starlin's version of the character, multiplied by ten
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I thought it was quite a fun issue. I can see reasons to tie oneself in knots over things like "first case" and certain characterization choices, but it flows well, has fun voices, and I'm intrigued by the (obviously not really) Jenny Wren, First Robin villain angle. I hope we see a lot more introspection like the second half of the comic, and really enjoyed seeing and hearing from Steph in this context.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

whats everyones theories about the first robin? what do you think her play here is?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    whats everyones theories about the first robin? what do you think her play here is?
    I think she's clearly got a serious break from reality, and would love to know more, but other than the bird theme and the insanity, no idea.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord