Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be fair, aren't they still technically filming? Not that bad for a teaser with not a lot of footage available to them then.
    Ezra noted it in his introduction at Fandome- they were either still filming, or had just wrapped, and they didn't have much of anything ready yet. This is what they could cobble together in a very short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All those unnecessary lines .
    Didn't his New52 suit have all of the yellow pipping?

Speaking of suits, it appears that the suit the second Barry is wearing is actually the 92 Batman suit that's been painted.

Also, it appears that they married pieces of the Burton Batcave into the Nolan Batcave. The equipment and alcoves seems to be out of Batman 89 and 92, but that opening of the cave was straight out of the Nolan verse. I'd like to think that's them giving a nod to those movies as well.

Trailer was okay for me, nothing particularly memorable. Weird they revealed superwoman with such little flair. Flash’s suit (at least in darkness) is SUCH an upgrade

I can’t believe I’m going to have to suffer through two Ezra millers on screen though, my god

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Why is there this urge to overly complicate the Flash’s costume on film?
    What is complicated about his costume?!?

I don't see you complaining about "overly complicate" Batman costumes. Lol.

Are you talking about Barry trying to prevent the death of his mother being the catalyst for all of this?
    So tired of this story. It was so overused in the cw show and flashpoint movie. Hope they are done with it after this.

The teaser was "OK" but other then hyping 80s batman nothing special. Also surprised they showed supergirl and flash 2 in just a single shot with no lead up in the teaser. Also will the cosmic treadmill show up in the film?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-17-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Didn't his New52 suit have all of the yellow pipping?
    Yeah, and only a few artists could actually make it look good.

As someone who has waited his entire life to see a Flash movie, this is extremely disappointing. No police lab, Rogues, Flash Museum, Reverse-Flash, Jay Garrick, Iris, or really anything in the trailer that would actually signify that this is a Flash movie. It even seems dark and gloomy like a Batman movie as opposed to what I would think a Flash movie would look like. We get an, in my opinion, badly cast Flash who is barely anything like Barry Allen and way too much emphasis on Batman. Look, I love Batman and I would be stoked to see Keaton back IN A BATMAN MOVIE but this isn't what the first Flash movie ever made should be used for.

Was it seriously so hard to actually tell a story about Barry Allen getting hit by lightning and fighting Mirror Master or something and not make it suck?

I really wish I was more optimistic about this one but that trailer stung. Hopefully, I warm up to it a bit by the time it comes out and the actual movie pleasantly surprises me because Flash is my favourite character and I really wish I was more excited about the first ever Flash movie.

Ultimate Member

But that sounds like a generic superhero movie. Just fighting another villain is what every superhero does

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But that sounds like a generic superhero movie. Just fighting another villain is what every superhero does
    There's plenty that they could do and tons of great Flash stories that they could pull from. There is plenty that the show hasn't touched and a lot of the stuff they have adapted was changed to such a degree that you could go back and still use a lot of it and have it be fresh and different enough. You'd think with 775 issues to pull inspiration from that they could have come up with something without saying screw it and seemingly leaning on Batman so heavily. We know that this script went through many iterations and that DC likes to lean on Batman when the going gets tough.

I hope it still ends up being a great movie but as a Flash fan who wanted to see that world brought to life on the big screen it's hard not to feel a bit disappointed by the elements that this trailer chooses to focus on.

This feels to me like less of a Flash movie and more like a movie with Flash in it, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 10-17-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    There's plenty that they could do and tons of great Flash stories that they could pull from. There is plenty that the show hasn't touched and a lot of the stuff they have adapted was changed to such a degree that you could go back and still use a lot of it and have it be fresh and different enough. You'd think with 775 issues to pull inspiration from that they could have come up with something without saying screw it and seemingly leaning on Batman so heavily. We know that this script went through many iterations and that DC likes to lean on Batman when the going gets tough.

I hope it still ends up being a great movie but as a Flash fan who wanted to see that world brought to life on the big screen it's hard not to feel a bit disappointed by the elements that this trailer chooses to focus on.

This feels to me like less of a Flash movie and more like a movie with Flash in it, if that makes sense.
    I mean, you're not entirely wrong...from what we know it's more of a Flashpoint movie than a regular Flash movie. The Flash is being used to sort of hit the reset button on the Snyderverse and move on in another direction and if it works then maybe then there can be a regular Flas film.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post

I get that but I can't say I'd be as excited for another hero vs villain street level vigilantism story. I don't love this new direction either and I have many qualms about this movie but I don't really need it to be another rogues gallery focused movie. A journey through the multiverse sounds fine enough to me

I mean, considering the TV show kind of screwed up doing The Rogues justice, this would be a prime time to finally show a Flash fight The Rogues.

Reverse-Flash doesn't seem to be in it either so I'm not sure if they're saving off Thawne for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What is complicated about his costume?!?

I don't see you complaining about "overly complicate" Batman costumes. Lol.
    All the busy-body yellow lines.

And I don’t pay attention to Batman all that much, as he’s not a character I like...so...sorry?

Astonishing Member

I mean, considering the TV show kind of screwed up doing The Rogues justice, this would be a prime time to finally show a Flash fight The Rogues.

Reverse-Flash doesn't seem to be in it either so I'm not sure if they're saving off Thawne for later.
    Exactly my thoughts. Prime time to elevate Flash's villians in the mainstream. Hopefully Ezra plays this Barry differently than the previous outings. I don't know if I can take an entire movie of him being goofy, clumsy, unsure. I'd like a more confident, scientific Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Prime time to elevate Flash's villians in the mainstream. Hopefully Ezra plays this Barry differently than the previous outings. I don't know if I can take an entire movie of him being goofy, clumsy, unsure. I'd like a more confident, scientific Barry.
    I feel like that defines Miller's Flash, unfortunately.

Ultimate Member

They can always do that in a sequel. I just think the 'hero fights villain' wrapped up in one movie is a bit basic.

I feel like that defines Miller's Flash, unfortunately.
    Maybe he'll evolve. Or maybe the alternative Barry is more like the regular one