Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Agreed. You'd have to remount production, pay additional money in rehiring cast and crew, redo promotional material, redo effects from the ground up etc. It just isn't cost effective to reshoot it now. I guess they could just shoot another actor against green screen and digitally insert them into pre-existing shots... but does anyone want that?

No. Best to do as you suggested. Reshoot another, singular scene with another actor taking over as the flashpoint resets.
    I'd nominate Timothee Chalamet. He'd be in two big franchises at the same time (Dune and Flash/DC movie appearances), but, that's not exactly unheard of. Downey Jr in Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes instantly come to mind. Miller himself in Flash/Fantastic Beasts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's played The Flash for 8, coming to 9, seasons now and the general consensus is he's probably ready to hang up the scarlet tights.
    The game was up on that when he agreed to a year deal when they offered him another 2 or 3 series. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to move on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    For that kinda money though.
    Money isn't everything. 9 years is a long time to play a character and, if he signed on to do the movie version too, that's potentially more years tied up doing the same character. I think Grant is taking it by year. It's why he declined to sign a contract for multiple series (which they did offer him according to reports) and instead chose to do another year instead.

Amell is gone. Benoist is gone. So maybe Grant feels the time is coming to hang up the tights? Although I could see him probably doing one more year. If anything it will allow them to tie with Smallville for longest running comic tv show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'd nominate Timothee Chalamet. He'd be in two big franchises at the same time (Dune and Flash/DC movie appearances), but, that's not exactly unheard of. Downey Jr in Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes instantly come to mind. Miller himself in Flash/Fantastic Beasts.
    Chalamet would be an interesting choice. But Villeneuve is now talking doing another 2 or 3 Dune films. So Chalamet might be reluctant to sign up to another big franchise.

Something needs to be done about Ezra though. The constant legal troubles might see WB sever ties with him to distance themselves and The Flash films. But do they run the risk of a potential backlash while an actor is clearly suffering personal turmoil?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Chalamet would be an interesting choice. But Villeneuve is now talking doing another 2 or 3 Dune films. So Chalamet might be reluctant to sign up to another big franchise.

Something needs to be done about Ezra though. The constant legal troubles might see WB sever ties with him to distance themselves and The Flash films. But do they run the risk of a potential backlash while an actor is clearly suffering personal turmoil?
    That is easy to remedy. You meet with him and go over the terms to keep him employed. HR does it all the time all over with a troubled employee. Especially if there is medical, or addiction involved that can get touchy legally if you just fire someone. Tell him he needs to get treatment or rehab whatever his issue is. If he doesnt then you have all you need to just get rid of. They tried to help offered solutions and were rebuffed.

They must be doing this already as they talk about next steps and exit scenarios. Planning the marketing campaign and press tours etc would all have to take into account this behavior and whether he can participate or not.

They all will be asked about this stuff on any tour even the co stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like Chalamet's kind of young but I could see him as Barry maybe a little more.

911 call from couple he stole from and threatened to kill says he hit the woman with a chair. Now the third woman he has hurt! Our flash!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/07/ezra-...ted-hit-chair/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    911 call from couple he stole from and threatened to kill says he hit the woman with a chair. Now the third woman he has hurt! Our flash!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/07/ezra-...ted-hit-chair/
    Jeez, this is getting worse...

I think they may have to replace him and reshoot his scenes. It may become impossible to have him as the lead. Hard choice. Spend more money on the filming again, or look at a movie that will bomb because of it's star.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think they may have to replace him and reshoot his scenes. It may become impossible to have him as the lead. Hard choice. Spend more money on the filming again, or look at a movie that will bomb because of it's star.
    Can't. He's the main character, a supporting character, and one of the villain characters. They will never reshoot his scenes because it would double the budget - and movies with massive reshoots never do well. Basically they literally can't do what you're suggesting because it would guarantee that they would take a loss. They want profit, or worse case at least break even. Which means that they can't just effectively reshoot most of the film with a new actor.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

They're not replacing them, WB said they heard "they side of the story" and that they're getting counseling, and that they still support them.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Can you post the link they are getting him help? Only two stories are they are not reshooting due to money and a video of him trying to get into a bar he was banned at and they call the cops on him.

Can't find a "they are getting him help" link.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Has any movie bombed because of issues with its star that was a bomb-ready movie to begin with?

And I thought a while back we were going to hear some apology/statement about how sorry Ezra is, that is not who they are as a person, they are getting counseling, yadda yadda, typical boiler plate stuff when hollywood people get caught up in shit.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Can you post the link they are getting him help? Only two stories are they are not reshooting due to money and a video of him trying to get into a bar he was banned at and they call the cops on him.

Can't find a "they are getting him help" link.
    A lot of respectable entertainment writers on twitter are saying that's what their sources are saying. One of them being a Variety reporter.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Again got a link? None of this in search at all. Just the video of him fighting cops. No "him getting help" showing up at all anywhere.