Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I want to add that misgendering someone intentionally because you disagree with their actions is still wicked transphobic
    I've noticed in other current threads regarding the movie posters have been misgendering Erza for quite some time. I think it's more people forget to use they/them instead of him/he/his.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Dude they fully cancelled the Fantasic Beasts series. Harry Potter is done
    No they didn't they haven't made a comment on the future movies yet one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not convinced Ezra is mentally ill. They are aware of what's going on and playing games. Memeing the situation and deleting socials so the police can't find them are deliberate actions.
    Well he's not acting like a Sane person

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    His character died in the third...
    No he was alive in the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No they didn't they haven't made a comment on the future movies yet one way or the other.
    The last one did poorly in regards to the box office. I doubt there will be a fourth considering the diminishing returns of the last two movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The last one did poorly in regards to the box office. I doubt there will be a fourth considering the diminishing returns of the last two movies.
    It still did 400 million so I don't think it's impossible for a 4th movie to happen just keep the budget under wraps

Astonishing Member

It still did 400 million so I don't think it's impossible for a 4th movie to happen just keep the budget under wraps
    The first movie pulled in 814M, the second 655M, and now the latest is less than half of the first movie. I really can't see them doing a fourth unless they bring in some high profile celebs. It seems the magic has worn off in this franchise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Well he's not acting like a Sane person
    Ezra is acting like a privileged *******.

I've noticed in other current threads regarding the movie posters have been misgendering Erza for quite some time. I think it's more people forget to use they/them instead of him/he/his.
    This, at least in my case. In normal life you're so used to the he/she binary that it takes effort to remember they and change accordingly. And especially since the news here is so sensational you just kinda want to respond quickly and a tinge emotionally as opposed to logically, which isn't good in that whole "remembering" thing. You need to take time to think it over to have a better chance to remember and not fall in automatic gendering pronouns.
    At least in my case of course, I certainly can't vouch for everyone who is using he instead of they.

The first movie pulled in 814M, the second 655M, and now the latest is less than half of the first movie. I really can't see them doing a fourth unless they bring in some high profile celebs. It seems the magic has worn off in this franchise.
    Sure but it still did better than a lot of other movies and still has potential don't forget all movies across the board are still having trouble because of the pandemic.

Sure but it still did better than a lot of other movies and still has potential don't forget all movies across the board are still having trouble because of the pandemic.
    Doing better than other movies doesn't matter if it didn't meet the expectation of the studio. It didn't draw the money WB wants so no sequel.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No he was alive in the end.
    They looked limp and lifeless in Abeforth's arms and the phoenix flew away which was meant to symboloze his death, I definitely think we were meant to think they were dead and now with how they're acting in real life I'm pretty sure that's going to be what WB will go with if there is another film.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Doing better than other movies doesn't matter if it didn't meet the expectation of the studio. It didn't draw the money WB wants so no sequel.
    What? There's lots of movies that don't do as good as expected yet they still get sequels if WB still sees potential and it harry potter so why wouldn't they see potential? After all altogether FB has pulled in over 1.7 billon sure at the moment it doesn't look good for a FB 4 but I don't think it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They looked limp and lifeless in Abeforth's arms and the phoenix flew away which was meant to symboloze his death, I definitely think we were meant to think they were dead and now with how they're acting in real life I'm pretty sure that's going to be what WB will go with if there is another film.
    I think that's for the best I don't think there's anything left for Credence to do anyway.

What? There's lots of movies that don't do as good as expected yet they still get sequels if WB still sees potential and it harry potter so why wouldn't they see potential? After all altogether FB has pulled in over 1.7 billon sure at the moment it doesn't look good for a FB 4 but I don't think it's impossible.
    As another poster pointed out the series has grossed less money with each movie. Having potential doesn't mean jack if the series becomes a money pit. WB would be better off digging through their library to find a popular 80s movie to gave a sequel to then make a fourth FB movie.