Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It wasn't a Flash movie, there was no love for Flash or his mythology. The weakest version of Flashpoint and the dead mom storyline ever put to screen. Time travel nonsense, no rogues, two seconds of Iris West, 2 Batmen and a Supergirl, a sloppily tacked together ending, Flash season 3 tier villain. There is taking liberties with adapting a character and there is straight up butchering and assassinating a character. This movie is bleak, hallucinogenic garbage, full of misery and actors who don't want to be there, jabbering plot exposition that barely makes sense, references and easter eggs to pop culture, movies, and DC mythology, it can barely be called a movie. So many elements are forced and manipulative, and the way they tried to turn all of the mess into some kind of sentimental heartfelt message at the end was just ridiculous and offensive. Ezra Miller can't act, so we get CGI tears, and that's symbolic of the entire film.

Barry Allen, a character rich with potential, whose pre-crisis solo title ranks among the BEST of all his contemporaries, a series with real maturity and character development, and absolutely epic stories. A character who literally becomes an icon, a mythological figure, an inspiration to those who followed in his footsteps. A real embodiment of heroism and the best thing for me is that he was a hero NOT borne from tragedy. This was done away when Rebirth and later Flashpoint came out, but even after there were still people coming along writing some great Barry stories. I liked a lot of the Flash TV show. Gustin carried that thing on his damn back. He wasn't the goofy wisecracking version of Flash. He spoke in a deep and authoratative tone just like how I always read Barry back in the day, and he could tap in to a range of a emotions, and when the show got a little goofier, he maintained a balance between being lighthearted and serious. The writing got plain bad but the show was still worth watching for Gustin and his portrayal of Barry.

John Wesley Shipp, also great.

We can always expect liberties to be taken, but why not learn from what works? Why not see what fans actually want? It boggles my mind that people can accept this as a Flash movie and not a complete parody. Batman and Supergirl being in it shows that they do not trust the Flash to carry his own film, and that doesn't make sense, there is BOATLOADS of material, and that's just pre-Crisis (which is the BEST Barry you will ever find) . Why even make this movie if it's just going to be a complete frankenstien's monster of 1000 different things, only a handful being stuff from the Flash comics? At that point, who is the movie for?

I don't know how fans can get studios to lose their cynicism toward comic books but whether it's Marvel, DC, or something else, it is largely a problem across the board, and this film is arguably the most egregious example.
    More like what general audience like, ppl don't want heroes die like that not because the foe is powerful but "it's fixed" blah blah blah.

I felt like the television show just did this storyline and did it far, far better.

It's not a good sign, at least for me personally, when my biggest interest in a movie is that there are CGI recreations of a bunch of old movie and television characters, along with the 1980s movie Batman and a really good looking new take on Supergirl. In other words, there's a long list of interesting stuff that has nothing to do with the main character, mostly because he's almost as annoying as Jessie Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, seems more Bart Allen than Barry Allen, and is coming along after a television show that had a far better Barry if only because of the actor who played him, Grant Gustin.
    Power with Girl is better.

This just got me thinking- I think the biggest problem The Flash has had being adapted into a big screen movie is that executives probably recognize the name Barry Allen, but only know one story he is in. And that's Flashpoint. I'm willing to bet executives couldn't name one other story with him as the lead that they could adapt, and that may include Crisis (the most memorable image to come out of crisis, and one that has lasted, is Superman carrying Supergirl's dead body. Casual fans may even forget that Barry dies in that story).

The studio was talking about adapting Flashpoint years ago, even before Snyder was fired and/or left and they decided to reboot the DCU. That's what they were talking about adapting a decade ago when the movie was first announced. They were fixated on that one story. And they refused to accept the fact that it just wasn't a good story. And then everything with Snyder happened, and they double downed on it, thinking they could use Flashpoint to reset the DCU. And in the end, they even managed to screw that up.

We should have gotten a solo Flash movie with either Barry or Wally. Have the first film either establish the Rogues, and set up a Reverse Flash in the sequel; or have the first film be Reverse Flash, and set up the Rouges to be a threat in the sequel. Focus on the rich cast of characters The Flash has. Not Justice League Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This just got me thinking- I think the biggest problem The Flash has had being adapted into a big screen movie is that executives probably recognize the name Barry Allen, but only know one story he is in. And that's Flashpoint.
    That's not a Flash problem. That is a DC problem.

Just google best DC comics and all of it will be nothing but Batman, Superman and Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This just got me thinking- I think the biggest problem The Flash has had being adapted into a big screen movie is that executives probably recognize the name Barry Allen, but only know one story he is in. And that's Flashpoint. I'm willing to bet executives couldn't name one other story with him as the lead that they could adapt, and that may include Crisis (the most memorable image to come out of crisis, and one that has lasted, is Superman carrying Supergirl's dead body. Casual fans may even forget that Barry dies in that story).

The studio was talking about adapting Flashpoint years ago, even before Snyder was fired and/or left and they decided to reboot the DCU. That's what they were talking about adapting a decade ago when the movie was first announced. They were fixated on that one story. And they refused to accept the fact that it just wasn't a good story. And then everything with Snyder happened, and they double downed on it, thinking they could use Flashpoint to reset the DCU. And in the end, they even managed to screw that up.

We should have gotten a solo Flash movie with either Barry or Wally. Have the first film either establish the Rogues, and set up a Reverse Flash in the sequel; or have the first film be Reverse Flash, and set up the Rouges to be a threat in the sequel. Focus on the rich cast of characters The Flash has. Not Justice League Lite.
    I think Flashpoint is ok, but might not be good as the first Flash movie, and the 3rd act wasn't executed well at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I felt like the television show just did this storyline and did it far, far better.

It's not a good sign, at least for me personally, when my biggest interest in a movie is that there are CGI recreations of a bunch of old movie and television characters, along with the 1980s movie Batman and a really good looking new take on Supergirl. In other words, there's a long list of interesting stuff that has nothing to do with the main character, mostly because he's almost as annoying as Jessie Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, seems more Bart Allen than Barry Allen, and is coming along after a television show that had a far better Barry if only because of the actor who played him, Grant Gustin.
    You'd think that the studios would have learned from that, too.

Part of what turned me off to the Flash tv series was Flashpoint, in which the hero basically screws up everyone's lives for his own selfish desires.

Flashpoint was that writ large, where Flash nearly crashes the universe using time travel.

I think WB is too scared to move much out of adapting pre existing storylines

I wish they had adapted a pre-existing storyline for Wonder Woman 2...

i forgot to check; were there any deleted scenes in the movie?

There are some deleted scenes, some quite interesting!

Personally I am hoping for more of an extended version to be released but it seems doubtful.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Finally watched this movie for the first time.

I have to say, this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, second worst DCEU movie behind 2016 Suicide Squad.

I mean, this movie had many emotional and well-done scenes, but overall it does not work. Contrary to popular opinion, there is no point for Keaton to be in this movie. They should have replaced him with Jay Garrick or Max Mercury, or any other speedster. Also no point for Supergirl or Zod.....at all.

They should have focused on the murder mystery as to who killed his mom, that would have made a 100x better story, and it doesn't have to be Thawne this time or anything, just throw a plot twist in there.

Not sure what they were thinking with this one, maybe it looked good on paper or something, but man it was terrible

I saw the Justice League: Flashpoint animated film, it was really cool. I think it could have worked as a better film if they had based the storyline on this instead of what happened. Michael Keaton could have still played his Bruce, but no teen Barry subplot. A darker Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Cyborg had a role to play, as did the Captain/Shazam.

I wonder at what point they decided on the Keaton Batman. Was it originally supposed to be Batfleck? That would've made more sense at least, rather than it just being stunt casting.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder at what point they decided on the Keaton Batman. Was it originally supposed to be Batfleck? That would've made more sense at least, rather than it just being stunt casting.
    I believe, Keaton was added to drum up butts in the seat. The DCEU was dying so what better way than to pull in a fan favorite and since it's Flashpoint, they had a sensible way to get him in the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Think it was originally planned to be Jeffery Dean Morgan as Thomas, but plans changed and they were going to incorporate Keaton into the DCEU as sort of a Nick Fury figure and set up a Crisis film. Gunn took over and axed all of that and had the original ending with Keaton and Calle alive replaced with the Clooney one.