Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default The Flash (2023)

It's mostly just a a big tease with not a whole lot revealed but I have to say that I really loved hearing Keaton's voice:
    I'm pretty optimistic for this, they could really set the DC universe up right this time with this film.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

So the two Flashes are working together?

BANNED

Trailer was okay, nothing I cant say I have not seen before. there are just too many comic films right now, however I think there is something about this film and trailer that feels less annoying or desperate than Spiderman No Way Home even if the concept is the same.

I think maybe this is because the DC universe, even though they did green light this movie is not overly dependent on this crossover, it is all connected factor anymore.

Also The Batman trailer is what we are waiting for the most

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Trailer was okay, nothing I cant say I have not seen before. there are just too many comic films right now, however I think there is something about this film and trailer that feels less annoying or desperate than Spiderman No Way Home even if the concept is the same.

I think maybe this is because the DC universe, even though they did green light this movie is not overly dependent on this crossover, it is all connected factor anymore.

Also The Batman trailer is what we are waiting for the most
    To be fair, aren't they still technically filming? Not that bad for a teaser with not a lot of footage available to them then.

Niffleheim

This story is just too familiar. Run. Rinse. Repeat. (Then again it a Flash story so it is to be expected)

I'm still adamant that Ezra Miller was miscast for the role.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

The suit looks amazing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This story is just too familiar. Run. Rinse. Repeat. (Then again it a Flash story so it is to be expected)

I'm still adamant that Ezra Miller was miscast for the role.
    Repeat of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Are you talking about Barry trying to prevent the death of his mother being the catalyst for all of this?

If so, looks like that might only be a part of it, not the entirety of it.

Two Flashes?

I have to say I prefer the TV suit.

It's not that I'm not hyped to see Keaton but it feels weird for a Flash movie to be banking so much on Batman instead of, well, The Flash.

Default New Flash movie trailer?

Is there a ban or something from talking about the Flash movie? If so, I apologize. If I missed the thread, please feel free to delete this or merge it, mods. Thanks.

New Flash trailer dropped. Was wondering about responses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51cYVZWKdY

***SPECULATION with SPOLIERS.***

spoilers:
    I'm one of those people who thinks the duplicate Barry is Reverse-Flash. He wears yellow a few times. He screams "Nobody dies!" I think he's the one Kara is yelling "What did you do?" at.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by edpower; 04-25-2023 at 01:26 PM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Word on the street is that this is a REALLY good movie. And not just the typical hype yu expect about an upcoming film.

I have to admit, it does look very good from the trailers, and I'm someone who had no reasl interest in this movie (or anything connected to the "Snyderverse" vision.)

I think it looks great but I hope WB doesn’t show anymore footage before the movie is released. They have a tendency to show way too much in the trailers.

We totally didn’t need the “Let’s get nuts” line here. It would have been much more fun seeing it in the movie for the first time.

Batman 89 movie got me into comic books and it means the world to me, so I’m probably going to be tearing up every time Keaton is on screen. But again I wish they wouldn’t have spoiled the shot of him gliding out of the Batwing. I would have lost my **** seeing that for the first time in the theater.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-25-2023 at 06:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This isn't a Flash movie. This is the completion of the Keaton Batman trilogy. Looks like the wait might have been worth it.

Reactions are out. "great but not the best" is said in a bunch of them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...235401610/amp/

Default I think the Flash was totally ruined by the 3rd act.

Everything else before the 3rd act was fine, all the new characters, plot, pace and humor.

But the last fight kinda left a lot of plotholes and was super unconvincing.

Ok Kara could beat Zod in round one, only got ambushed, why couldn't she do it in the 2nd round? The flash duo could kill off Kryptonians, why can't they stop Zod? Barry gave up after 2 tries, he said why but it was very unconvincing.

They could just show ppl "it's impossible to fight off the Kryptonians" rather than suddenly insert that "the world will die". We got very inconsistent plot and power showing.

Then the world was just gone, all the build up, all the likeable characters were gone, and it was like nothing happened. The audience just got no relief from it. That's very bad storytelling.

Zod, like Shannon has said, was nothing but a tool to fight, he doesn't have any development, same with the other Kryptonians. If they just want to focus on Barry's own problem, they shouldn't have brought up the Krptonians, use someone like Reverse Flash.

Also we got Wonder Woman, Faora and Supergirl in one movie but no fight between them, that sucks.