Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    They can always do that in a sequel. I just think the 'hero fights villain' wrapped up in one movie is a bit basic.
    Why would you not use Flash villains in a Flash movie? Like, use it to build up his own universe instead of having him show off other versions of DC properties.

Like give me live-action Rogues with better budgeted and more comic-accurate costumes.
    Maybe he'll evolve. Or maybe the alternative Barry is more like the regular one
    To be honest I don't think I'll ever be able to buy Miller as Barry, but that's just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that defines Miller's Flash, unfortunately.
    It has to be directing though. I mean same as Jesse Eisenberg playing Lex more like Riddler in BVS. If the director didn't like that you would assume they tell them to drop it and go another way.

Same with Ezra I haven't seen his body of work to tell if he is capable of more or not but I would expect if they didn't like the clumsy, fawning over Batman and "needing friends" goofy Barry they could say no play it this way instead.

It is one of those things they should have taken as a Lesson Learned imo from Justice League.

Ultimate Member

Why would you not use Flash villains in a Flash movie? Like, use it to build up his own universe instead of having him show off other versions of DC properties.

Like give me live-action Rogues with better budgeted and more comic-accurate costumes.
    Because I don't always want to see the basic 'hero vs villain' fight we've seen in other movies. Villain has origin, beats hero but then hero beats him. It can work but it's been done before. But I didn't say there shouldn't be any villains. Only that a different kind of plot might actually be more interesting. Sometimes it's nice for comics and adaptations to branch out from the superhero tropes

To be honest I don't think I'll ever be able to buy Miller as Barry, but that's just me.
    I'm iffy on him but I'll give him another chance

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Because it's not really a Flash movie, It's Flashpoint the movie which was an event heavily driven by the Flash but not solely a Flash story.

They've been pretty open with this, I fully expected it to be subtitled The Flash: Flashpoint or The Flash: The Flashpoint Paradox
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Because I don't always want to see the basic 'hero vs villain' fight we've seen in other movies. Villain has origin, beats hero but then hero beats him. It can work but it's been done before. But I didn't say there shouldn't be any villains. Only that a different kind of plot might actually be more interesting. Sometimes it's nice for comics and adaptations to branch out from the superhero tropes
    The Rogues are pretty different from your typical comic book villains, if handled correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Because it's not really a Flash movie, It's Flashpoint the movie which was an event heavily driven by the Flash but not solely a Flash story.

They've been pretty open with this, I fully expected it to be subtitled The Flash: Flashpoint or The Flash: The Flashpoint Paradox
    That's probably been one of my main issues with this movie. The film is banking more on Batman and Michael Keaton than it is the character the movie is named after.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The Rogues are pretty different from your typical comic book villains, if handled correctly.

That's probably been one of my main issues with this movie. The film is banking more on Batman and Michael Keaton than it is the character the movie is named after.
    So was the event it's based on though, Flashpoint was more about resetting the universe than actually being about the Flash so it's not surprising that the film is going that way. If you adjust your views to this being an event movie rather than a regular Flash movie I think you'll probably feel less disappointed.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Repeat of what?
    Back to the future?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    There's plenty that they could do and tons of great Flash stories that they could pull from. There is plenty that the show hasn't touched and a lot of the stuff they have adapted was changed to such a degree that you could go back and still use a lot of it and have it be fresh and different enough. You'd think with 775 issues to pull inspiration from that they could have come up with something without saying screw it and seemingly leaning on Batman so heavily. We know that this script went through many iterations and that DC likes to lean on Batman when the going gets tough.

I hope it still ends up being a great movie but as a Flash fan who wanted to see that world brought to life on the big screen it's hard not to feel a bit disappointed by the elements that this trailer chooses to focus on.

This feels to me like less of a Flash movie and more like a movie with Flash in it, if that makes sense.
    Yeah Mirror Master would have been insane to see with a movie budget.

But knowing WB.....

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So was the event it's based on though, Flashpoint was more about resetting the universe than actually being about the Flash so it's not surprising that the film is going that way. If you adjust your views to this being an event movie rather than a regular Flash movie I think you'll probably feel less disappointed.
    At least Flashpoint Paradox had The Rogues and Reverse-Flash.

They could easily do the multiverse thing with an emphasis on Flash characters. There are more than enough villains and versions of the Flash that would fit that premise well. I'm someone who prefers Wally and Jay to Barry and it might have been nice to see them as the heroes that he has to team up with across the multiverse instead of Batman and Supergirl. You could have done something inspired by the Chain Lightning arc and had Barry jumping all over the timeline and teaming up with different eras of Flashes, though maybe with a better villain than that story.

Fighting Mirror Master was an example but my larger point was about not having much in the trailer that feels like a Flash movie at all, regardless of whether it was something more grounded or on a larger multiverse scale. Instead, most of what they've shown us leans on Batman.

I don't care if it's more grounded and has him fighting The Rogues or whether we do crazy time travel or multiverse stuff. I would just like it to actually feel like a Flash movie with Flash characters.

The second Barry in the teaser trailer, the one with a haircut similar to Supergirl...I get a funny feeling he'll become the Reverse Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The second Barry in the teaser trailer, the one with a haircut similar to Supergirl...I get a funny feeling he'll become the Reverse Flash.
    There's been a lot of rumors that the "villain" is a another version of Barry, although I'm not sure if they'll make him Reverse-Flash.

There's been a lot of rumors that the "villain" is a another version of Barry, although I'm not sure if they'll make him Reverse-Flash.
    Assuming that's Barry at all.

Wasn't one of the origins of Thawne that he was such a fan he got a facelift to look exactly like Barry? For all we know Barry picked him up after his transformation (facelift and powers) and he's lying about being the Barry of that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Assuming that's Barry at all.

Wasn't one of the origins of Thawne that he was such a fan he got a facelift to look exactly like Barry? For all we know Barry picked him up after his transformation (facelift and powers) and he's lying about being the Barry of that universe.
    That would be a Harrions Wells-worthy twist...

Extraordinary Member

The Flash Star Ezra Miller Arrested in Hawaii on Charges of Disorderly Conduct and Harassment
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-fl...ller-arrested/

Not only was this guy awful casting, he appears to be a total lunatic too. WB should just replace him with an actor who actually looks like Barry and stop with the multiple chances.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!