Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The way he's going ... he'll be playing Iron Man in 10 years. (j/k! RDJ was never this bad...)
    No he will be playing the jailhouse rock.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Not only was this guy awful casting, he appears to be a total lunatic too. WB should just replace him with an actor who actually looks like Barry and stop with the multiple chances.
    Tbh, I don't think Grant is great either. I'm a fan of Barry Allen from the comics and I wish they'd stop writing him like Wally for the dcau.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Tbh, I don't think Grant is great either. I'm a fan of Barry Allen from the comics and I wish they'd stop writing him like Wally for the dcau.
    Grant's current Barry on the TV show is pretty much just Barry from the comics at this point, especially compared to earlier seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Grant's current Barry on the TV show is pretty much just Barry from the comics at this point, especially compared to earlier seasons.
    He still looks nothing like him and looks too young to play him. I haven't watched the show in awhile so I'll take your word as far as the comic portrayal accuracy is concerned.

He still looks nothing like him and looks too young to play him.
    Agreed. And it isn't tough to find someone who looks enough like Barry. Really. Get Lucas Till, Ryan Gosling, Alex Pettyfer, Alexander Skarsgard, Michael Rosenbaum, Jake McDorman, Alexander Ludwig, Max Theriot, Sam Clafin, Garrett Hedlund etc. And I stopped watching the CW show when they got rid of Elongated Man because someone who wanted to destroy him dug up old tweets and the cast all threw him under the bus.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Barry Allen in the comics is a blond. Barry Allen in the comics has always been a blond. We've had four live action Barry Allens; John Wesley Shipp, Kenny Johnston, Grant Gustin, and Ezra Miller. All of them have dark hair. What's behind Hollywood's aversion to casting a blond Barry Allen?

He still looks nothing like him and looks too young to play him. I haven't watched the show in awhile so I'll take your word as far as the comic portrayal accuracy is concerned.
    He's not blonde but from a performance and personality standpoint it's Barry, and he's been doing it for 8 years so I feel like he's grown into it compared to season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Barry Allen in the comics is a blond. Barry Allen in the comics has always been a blond. We've had four live action Barry Allens; John Wesley Shipp, Kenny Johnston, Grant Gustin, and Ezra Miller. All of them have dark hair. What's behind Hollywood's aversion to casting a blond Barry Allen?
    Unwillingness to dye hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's not blonde but from a performance and personality standpoint it's Barry, and he's been doing it for 8 years so I feel like he's grown into it compared to season 1.

Unwillingness to dye hair.
    Blond. A woman is blonde, a man is blond.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Blond. A woman is blonde, a man is blond.
    It actually depends which side of the pond you're on.

Creating a distinction between male and female descriptors is an older, sexist usage and style guides suggest erasing such distinctions; in the US blond is the suggested form to use regardless of sex in professional writing while in the UK it's blonde for both sexes.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Agreed. And it isn't tough to find someone who looks enough like Barry. Really. Get Lucas Till, Ryan Gosling, Alex Pettyfer, Alexander Skarsgard, Michael Rosenbaum, Jake McDorman, Alexander Ludwig, Max Theriot, Sam Clafin, Garrett Hedlund etc. And I stopped watching the CW show when they got rid of Elongated Man because someone who wanted to destroy him dug up old tweets and the cast all threw him under the bus.
    Also didn't like the changing of Iris's race.

Also didn't like the changing of Iris's race.
    I never like it when characters are changed from their comic background because quotas. In adaptions and comic retcons. If they wanted a diverse cast with a black father figure to Barry, the show easily could have used James Forrest and given him a larger role than he had in the comics. But really, as much as I like Johns, I don't like the rewriting of Barry's origin where Nora is murdered. It feels like every character has to be Batman. Why can't there be characters who don't have a tragic past? I mean, prior to Crisis, Henry and Nora were alive. And the version we've gotten in the show has been an emotional wreck because the narrative has been milked dry.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It actually depends which side of the pond you're on.

Creating a distinction between male and female descriptors is an older, sexist usage and style guides suggest erasing such distinctions; in the US blond is the suggested form to use regardless of sex in professional writing while in the UK it's blonde for both sexes.
    Is that it? I've always just guessed randomly and used both depending on my whim that moment. Thanks for the info!

In the beginning, I was peeved about the amount of characters being shoved into this movie, and how they were probably going to overshadow the Flash in his own film. Now, with all the Ezra Miller news, I'm just hoping for more Batman and more Supergirl. Screw it, just make it their story lol

Ultimate Member

I'm not really surprised.

Their behavior has been totally out of line.

It's one thing to get into trouble its another to commit an actual crime.