Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well that's a LOW bar...

I love the director saying that the cgi was meant to be dog poo, it was MEANT to be like that, you peons! Sure, that's how cgi looks from the Flash's perspective. Yep, I totally buy that, instead of the unreasonable thought that perhaps WB pulled the money plug at some point before the final renders and they were forced to go with unfinished FX as a result. Yep, that's not likely; instead, they planned it that way.
    Why would he get a clear view of the timeline when he's in the speedforce?
    It should be muddled, then we he sticks his head in he sees clearly. Made perfect sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    The post credit scene I saw was just silly and really didn't do anything to further things. I don't want to spoil the ending or post credit scene for anyone. There was a lot of clapping at the end and the post credit scene did have people scraping their heads just because of the buildup by the studio people. They told us while we walked in, then again before the movie started, and when the credits began and people began to leave they stopped them and told them to stick around. Weird.
    spoilers:

I saw one post credits scene with Barry and Arthur after a night drinking. All it did was set up Aquaman 2 being in this new Universe that Barry created. Not sure how Batman fits into it as Clooney is not playing Batman anymore. That part left me scratching my head...Maybe there isn't a Batman just a Bruce Wayne? Anyway, Yeah, all I saw was them setting up Aquaman 2 and justifying why it's happening after Flash
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why would he get a clear view of the timeline when he's in the speedforce?
    It should be muddled, then we he sticks his head in he sees clearly. Made perfect sense to me...
    Naw, they weren't going to Batgirl it, but they weren't going to spend a whole lot more on it either, probably figuring since they weren't going down that path anyway, and everyone knew it, why bother?

Saw it today. I enjoyed it. I agree, Miller's portrayal of Barry in the film was pretty spastic and hyper, (maybe that's to capture the quick nature that the Flash operates), but he managed to slow down a bit (no pun intended) and carry those emotional moments. Indeed, I'll admit, I got emotional at times. I honestly cried over the movie's themes. Can we change the past? All the mistakes and the pain that followed, could we have changed it? Yeah, there's butterfly effect/Flashpoint this and that, but if we were really careful, could we do it? That idea has been done before, but seeing it in this movie really got to me.

As for the other performances, I dug them. I was smiling seeing Keaton Batman and hearing that Danny Elfman theme song again. This was the Batman who took on Tim Burton's Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin. Now he's fighting for bigger stakes. And he's still got it.

The new Supergirl was cool. I could sense her hurt and anger. Still, I feel there was more to her. I would like to see this further explored in the future.

The last act was nice. It was a good call back to 60+ years of DC media, both what came and what could have been. However, the actually resolution confused me. Indeed spoilers:
    Okay, so Barry realizes that he can't save the world or his mom. He learns that some things can't be changed. That's why he went back and returned the can of tomatoes back to the shelf. BUT, he still makes a change by having his father look up at the camera.

That got to me. Didn't he realize that even the slightest change still could have unintended, bad consequences? Bad changes? Was Barry's mom's death just an inevitable event that had to happen, while his father's incarceration didn't?
    end of spoilers

The ending was nice. I smiled and cheered for that. That post-credits scene, eh, really did I have to stay for that?

Overall though, I had fun. The movie is great. I'll go one better than IGN's review and do 8/10. I'd like to see it again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    spoilers:
    BUT, he still makes a change by having his father look up at the camera.

That got to me. Didn't he realize that even the slightest change still could have unintended, bad consequences? Bad changes? Was Barry's mom's death just an inevitable event that had to happen, while his father's incarceration didn't?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Pretty sure Barry had nothing to do with that...he seemed just as surpised as everyone else seeing his dad look into the camera. The defense laywer stated they had new tech to enhance the tape.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    spoilers:
    Pretty sure Barry had nothing to do with that...he seemed just as surpised as everyone else seeing his dad look into the camera. The defense laywer stated they had new tech to enhance the tape.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    No, he knew... that was one of the changes he made. I agree that it could've had a "butterfly" effect, but since it didn't change his dad going to jail but only made it so that the appeal was possible, I'm pretty sure that's why it was a safe change. The footage with his father wasn't able to be seen until Bruce fixed it, and that didn't happen until Barry became the Flash and got to know Batman, so it didn't prevent any of those things from happening. The whole story would have happened the same, but it's the future that Barry is changing.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Would anyone have liked more movie multiverses?

Maybe forties and seventies Shazam, cancelled Batgirl film, and CGI btas. Forties bat serial is out as it was pro Japanese American internment...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Would anyone have liked more movie multiverses?

Maybe forties and seventies Shazam, cancelled Batgirl film, and CGI btas. Forties bat serial is out as it was pro Japanese American internment...
    No, not if it's just cameos for the sake of insering cameos that otherwise have nothing to do with the mvoies story.

Spider-man NWH got it right by having characters serve a purpose, not just "did you see that" cameos.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Just got out of the Flash. I really enjoyed it. I can't give it anywhere near a "greatest comic film of all time" contender. However for me it's up there for one of the top DCEU films. It's a lot of fun and overall good time at the movies. Keaton for me stole the show. Ezra I surprisingly really enjoyed, who I haven't cared for as Barry in the past. I personally feel like nobody in this film makes it to Gunn's new DC Universe

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

The beginning was probably the best part of this movie. Rest of the movie was okay just let down by awful acting. Was also hoping BA would have better closure to his character
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Very, very disappointing and underwhelming movie.

Retired

Of the recent movies, I think this one and James Gunn's THE SUICIDE SQUAD are my two favourites, but for rather opposite reasons. THE SUICIDE SQUAD barely pauses to take a breath and barrels toward its spectacular finish. After a fast paced opening, which shows that Andrés Muschietti could follow the Gunn formula if he wanted, THE FLASH slows down to establish the characters and their psychology, which pays off in the second half of the movie, because you fully understand their motivations.

I surprised myself watching the movie, because I immediately forgot that Ezra Miller was playing two different characters on screen at the same time. I just saw two different actors (albeit rather similar in appearance). It was only at the middle of the movie that it clicked in my brain that all the scenes I'd been watching had to have Ezra Miller acting opposite Ezra Miller and all the difficult work that must have involved--so caught up in the story was I that I just didn't think about that before then.

I got choked up a few times during this movie--right at the beginning and near the end, there were some tears. I really love D.C. True, it's just a heartless corporate monolith owned by over-privileged people who would just as soon see the world burn. But that D.C. bullet still means something to me. What has been and what could have been--this movie honours all that. It's worth several more viewings and maybe for the rest of my life.

I don't know how well this movie will do at the box office. I loved THE SUICIDE SQUAD and it opened to a tepid response. At this point, there's no reason to believe any of these movies are going to do well financially. And I have to accept that other people don't love the things I love. Learning these life lessons is important, so we can move on and not get stuck trying to rewrite the past.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Flash. It was a little muddled in spots it was a decent story. My 2nd favorite comic book movie of the last several behind Guardians. 8 out of 10 for me.

Mighty Member

Yep, without a doubt Barry can't stop interfering with that darn Speedforce.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Yep, without a doubt Barry can't stop interfering with that darn Speedforce.
    He's really just a supervillain at this point.