Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/e...220721126.html

It seems more disturbing allegations are coming out against them.
    Big oof DC

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Just some context, so the speculation doesn't get too wild:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ezra-...233200019.html
    Thanks for this.

Since the individual is actually denying the abuse took place (and alleges the parents are transphobic), these could be bullshit allegations.

But at this point it’s very messy. Miller hasn’t helped at all with his rather problematic behavior.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-09-2022 at 05:06 AM.

BANNED

Thanks for this.

Since the individual is actually denying the abuse took place (and alleges the parents are transphobic), these could be bullshit allegations.
    Or it's Stockholmers.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Thanks for this.

But at this point it’s very messy. Miller hasn’t helped at all with his rather problematic behavior.
    Eh, if the relationship started while she was of legal age sure...but she wasn't when it began so it certainly looks like grooming.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, if the relationship started while she was of legal age sure...but she wasn't when it began so it certainly looks like grooming.
    There’s blurry lines everywhere. People in Texas are claiming that children being able to attend a charity drag queen show is “grooming.”

“Grooming” is a buzzword with newfound popularity to describe many things many people don’t like.

It’s hard to determine what the case may be with regards to Miller and Tokata.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 06-09-2022 at 01:33 PM.

There’s blurry lines everywhere. People in Texas are claiming that children being able to attend a charity drag queen show is “grooming.”
    I know that it's out of line, but I really want to make a joke about "grooming" in the other sense of the word, aka primping/cleaning. Maybe something about trimming beard hair...

I really wish they wouldn’t use the term “grooming”. It’s become such a fear-mongering buzz word for the right. Even Entertainment Weekly used the word in the headline about this story. They’re owned by WB.

No idea how the studio is gonna handle the Flash movie. It’s too late to replace him. I guess just release it and take the hit.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-09-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really wish they wouldn’t use the term “grooming”. It’s become such a fear-mongering buzz word for the right. Even Entertainment Weekly used the word in the headline about this story. They’re owned by WB.

No idea how the studio is gonna handle the Flash movie. It’s too late to replace him. I guess just release it and take the hit.

“Grooming” is a buzzword with newfound popularity to describe many things many people don’t like.

Exactly.

I’m definitely not going to use that term here because the details of this case are still rather unclear.

For me, the word “grooming” is a very, very, very loaded word. Until there’s something of a detailed investigation and we get all the facts, I’m definitely not going to use it here.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-09-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is it a term misused by the right?

Absolutely.

But a grown man maintaining a relationship with a child not in his family isn't that blurry to me
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Absolutely.

But a grown man maintaining a relationship with a child not in his family isn't that blurry to me
    If a normal non elite person had done it they would be on a sex offender registry by now. It happens all the time.

Ezra ran off with the teen girl and police can't find him to serve his papers.

It just keeps going.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...t-serve-papers

Edit-mom released a message that ezra has taken over her Instagram and won't let her use her phone since jan. She is begging for help if anyone spots ezra and call the cops.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-12-2022 at 03:22 PM.

BANNED

Absolutely.

There are different kinds of grooming. The one people automatically think of is an adult shaping an underage person to be a future sexual partner. But the original meaning of the term was larger. Meaning, it could apply to teachers and media shaping a child's sexual values. And even in topics that aren't sexual in nature, can constitute grooming via indoctrination. Or grooming someone to be be in a role, which can be harmless if you're speaking about an employ groomed to be CEO. But, the phrase has many uses. I mean, in the final season of Clone Wars, Maul mentions that Anakin Skywalker has been groomed to be the new apprentice of Palpatine. So, I wouldn't say that the term is misused en masse. Rather, people are discussing grooming into sexual mores and the reaction to said labelling is acting as if it's grooming a future sexual partner.

But onto this specific circumstance. It is clear that the parents were very irresponsible with their daughter. They are activists and let her become an activist at age 9. They let her hang with famous people who travelled to Standing Rock to protest and let her go overseas with them. Which isn't to say that their claims are not credible. I would say that regardless of how it happened, they are more likely to be credible. Given the actor's history and the fact that he and the family are very much in the same boat with regard to politics. And her Instagram response is hardly proof that their charges are untrue. Moreover, it's proof that some guiding force turned her against her parents. Put that together with the apparent fact that he's on the run. We shall see what happens.

Wow, that's a lot of right wing hooey in one post 12 cents.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    There are different kinds of grooming. The one people automatically think of is an adult shaping an underage person to be a future sexual partner. But the original meaning of the term was larger. Meaning, it could apply to teachers and media shaping a child's sexual values. And even in topics that aren't sexual in nature, can constitute grooming via indoctrination. Or grooming someone to be be in a role, which can be harmless if you're speaking about an employ groomed to be CEO. But, the phrase has many uses. I mean, in the final season of Clone Wars, Maul mentions that Anakin Skywalker has been groomed to be the new apprentice of Palpatine. So, I wouldn't say that the term is misused en masse. Rather, people are discussing grooming into sexual mores and the reaction to said labelling is acting as if it's grooming a future sexual partner.

But onto this specific circumstance. It is clear that the parents were very irresponsible with their daughter. They are activists and let her become an activist at age 9. They let her hang with famous people who travelled to Standing Rock to protest and let her go overseas with them. Which isn't to say that their claims are not credible. I would say that regardless of how it happened, they are more likely to be credible. Given the actor's history and the fact that he and the family are very much in the same boat with regard to politics. And her Instagram response is hardly proof that their charges are untrue. Moreover, it's proof that some guiding force turned her against her parents. Put that together with the apparent fact that he's on the run. We shall see what happens.
    The term is missused by the Right, because they assume any basic acknowledgement that LGBT people exist constitutes as grooming. And THEY are frequently the ones making it about sex, instead of just basic stuff like "some people have a mom and a dad while others have two dads". Because it's usually projection with them.

All the while Matt Gaetz is having sex with underage female prostitutes, and Laura Boeberts husband is a sex offender

Ultimate Member

https://lastrealindians.com/news/202...oomed-my-niece

This is very ugly.

Very, very ugly.