Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Anyway, the trailer didnt look good, at least the one I have seen in the cinema. My friends who are into superhero movies, but don't know much about the comics decided that they won't pay for the movie, because of the trailer. I hope the movie is way better.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-15-2023 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Duh

Astonishing Member

My biggest problem with is the one I've had since Batman vs. Superman. I never liked Miller in the role of Barry Allen. He's a good comical actor -- and I could definitely buy him as Changeling/Beast Boy, Ralph Dibney, and maybe even Wally West, but he is worlds apart from the Barry Allen I know. Admittedly, I was never a big fan of the actor playing Flash on CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm curious as to whether Keaton-Batman ever encountered any other metahumans in his career. His canon adventures ended after Batman Returns, and I don't recall any mention of Metropolis. It could be fun to watch, we'll see.
    Judging by the trailer, Barry says by going back in time and saving his mother, he created a world without Metahumans. So Keaton Batman wouldn't have encountered any.

It does look like the second Flash will be the Barry from that timeline, who presumably gets powers when the OG Barry gets his powers back. That's why he's wearing the Batman Returns batsuit as a costume.

Extraordinary Member

So, Nic Cage Superman?!? That's pretty much the last cameo I'd expected. But it does make sense to catch the crowd who really, really wanted to see "Superman Lives", or whatever they were calling it in a particular week. Now...in a way, they will get a tiny bit of what they wanted.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So, Nic Cage Superman?!? That's pretty much the last cameo I'd expected. But it does make sense to catch the crowd who really, really wanted to see "Superman Lives", or whatever they were calling it in a particular week. Now...in a way, they will get a tiny bit of what they wanted.
    I would love to see that
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would love to see that
    I wonder if they'll use his "Superman Lives" screen test costume?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Apparently, it's tracking towards a very soft opening weekend:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=ZbWKwL

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wonder if they'll use his "Superman Lives" screen test costume?
    I definitely prefer the darker, Kingdom Come like look :

But I'm thinking the brighter one with the smaller shield they showed off in the Warner Archive will be more likely:

Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I definitely prefer the darker, Kingdom Come like look :

But I'm thinking the brighter one with the smaller shield they showed off in the Warner Archive will be more likely:

That's SO 90s! Hope he's fighting a giant spider during his scene.

Ezra Miller film The Flash’s Opening Weekend Projection is Very Disappointing.

The Flash is expected to be one of the biggest movies of the year but has a surprisingly low opening weekend projection.

https://movieweb.com/the-flash-openi...itive-reviews/

Extraordinary Member

So....I heard some things about this that aren't really spoilerish. There will be no plot details, merely impressions about what worked and what didn't.

This was from someone who attended a fan screening...not a finished version. So...what didn't work? In two words, Ezra Miller. A large chunk of the movie was focused on them....both of them. That was his opinion, so yours may vary. What did work? Most everything else. Keaton especially. He was reportedly great. And had more to do than we might have thought. Supergirl? Well, she was indeed there, he reports. But she was neither terrible nor great, just present. The script? Overall, he likes it. He compared it to early Marvel movies. The rest are plot details I won't reveal. But it sounds very intriguing, and not what I expected. The cameo news is interesting.

So...overall quite good, but not the best thing ever. So for me, I think I might see thing. Not opening weekend, but maybe the next. Is this the one to "save" the DC movie? Maybe, don't know. But it sounds like a worthy attempt at the very least.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-27-2023 at 08:42 AM.

I think as soon as good word of mouth goes around it'll have a huge bump.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think as soon as good word of mouth goes around it'll have a huge bump.
    Oh, I should think so. The cameos in particular sound like they're interest attracting---there are so many so fast you'll miss some---but no one is off the table. And there are some nice multiverse bits with things like Eric Stoltz playing in Back to the Future on a movie poster. Basically, after you get through the first hour, which is all Ezra Miller, who evidently isn't up to carrying a movie; and into Keaton and the rest of the multiverse stuff you're into a very fun movie. Or so says that half review on an unfinished movie with unfinished effects and no ending shown. I'm hopeful for this one, as Keaton is supposed to be everything we hoped for. And lots of fan service, apparently, and stakes----stuff happens that isn't reversed. It sounds like they put some effort into this one, and it ends with....this guy didn't know as it cut at the beginning of the end reveal, without actually showing it.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-29-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

I got my tickets as soon as they were on sale. Can't wait

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I got my tickets as soon as they were on sale. Can't wait
    I'm actually interested in this one. I didn't think I would be, but by what I've heard, it's much better than I thought it would be, so good on them for hopefully cracking the code to make a good DC movie.