Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Perhaps Warner Bros should not have cast Ezra as the Flash.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Bingo they should have cast someone more like John Wesley Shipp. Really differentiate from the TV show and someone nothing like Ezra. They didn’t need to do the new origin either.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    That makes no sense.

Pretty sure Keaton was the main draw for the Flash and brought more people to the movie than what Flash would do alone.
    As someone with no interest in the DCU I saw the movie on the opening Friday night early evening only for Keaton's Batman. The theater was half empty. Few stayed for the credit scenes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    As someone with no interest in the DCU I saw the movie on the opening Friday night early evening only for Keaton's Batman. The theater was half empty. Few stayed for the credit scenes.
    Keatonman as the Batman Beyond Wayne is just good sense.

Extraordinary Member

Eek, The Flash got beat by both Elemental and Across the Spider-Verse on Wednesday. It seems to be a historic flop.

Astonishing Member

I thought Ezra was fine for the role he was given. The problem was with whomever conceived movie Flash as being a weird amalgam of 90s Wally West and movie Peter Parker. That ain't no Barry Allen I ever read in comic books! Barry is basically a square, but a professional square. He shines as the Flash, but he's a lab geek in his civilian job. Ezra was cast as something else altogether. Not his fault.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I boycotted the movie ever since Ezra was cast for the role (MASSIVE miscast) and everything I heard about it turned me off to it more. The Batman focus, scandals, lack of any significant Flash character like Wally...blah, I'm having massive schadenfreude about the failure of it now.
    Right?! I don't think Flashpoint is not the movie most Flash fans wanted to see. And Miller wouldn't have been anyone's choice to play Barry Allen. I could see him a Beast Boy or even Firestorm -- but not Barry Allen's Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I thought Ezra was fine for the role he was given. The problem was with whomever conceived movie Flash as being a weird amalgam of 90s Wally West and movie Peter Parker. That ain't no Barry Allen I ever read in comic books! Barry is basically a square, but a professional square. He shines as the Flash, but he's a lab geek in his civilian job. Ezra was cast as something else altogether. Not his fault.
    I see your point. I understand what you meant. I haven't seen the Flash yet. But I did watch the Justice League film. I thought Ezra performed rather well for the role he was given. But as Barry Allen? If you say he is no Barry Allen, I guess that's your perspective.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Bart Allen. I know filmmakers discard a lot of what made characters popular in the comic books, and happy when it bites them in the a--.

Incredible Member

I noticed Bruce Wayne's particular use of a neckedrcheif that reminded me of someone....

...separated at birth?

I hear Michael Keaton was supposed to star in Batman Beyond movie, but it was cancelled following the Flash's underperformance

I love the dceu movies but what they are doing differently isn't working and the general public don't seem to care for I think the DC movies just have a stigma about them a lot like how batman and robin left a bad taste so as much as I hate to say it after BB and AM2 bomb and I'm sure they will it's time to put all future movies on ice for 6 or 7 years let people forget like they did for batman 7 years between movies 1997-2005.

Incredible Member

I hear Michael Keaton was supposed to star in Batman Beyond movie, but it was cancelled following the Flash's underperformance
    I don't know of a Barman Beyond movie but Keaton was set to come back in the Batgirl film which was canceled by WB CEO David Zaslav following announcements of a DCEU relaunch with James Gunn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I love the dceu movies but what they are doing differently isn't working and the general public don't seem to care for I think the DC movies just have a stigma about them a lot like how batman and robin left a bad taste so as much as I hate to say it after BB and AM2 bomb and I'm sure they will it's time to put all future movies on ice for 6 or 7 years let people forget like they did for batman 7 years between movies 1997-2005.
    What’s the word on Blue Beetle? Why do you think it will disappoint?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I don't know of a Barman Beyond movie but Keaton was set to come back in the Batgirl film which was canceled by WB CEO David Zaslav following announcements of a DCEU relaunch with James Gunn.
    It wasn't related to Gunn taking over, Batgirl was canceled because it fit into the window for a tax write off due to the merger with Discovery.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!