Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    I think we saw two different versions. The mid credits scene we saw was not very important, but the people from the studio kept telling everyone to stay for it and I may have seen things you did not see ��
    Huh, interesting...

I keep hearing that the full, complete version will only be released on the 16th. Who knows, though? I've been reviewing movies for a while now and this is a new one...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Huh, interesting...

I keep hearing that the full, complete version will only be released on the 16th. Who knows, though? I've been reviewing movies for a while now and this is a new one...
    The post credit scene I saw was just silly and really didn't do anything to further things. I don't want to spoil the ending or post credit scene for anyone. There was a lot of clapping at the end and the post credit scene did have people scraping their heads just because of the buildup by the studio people. They told us while we walked in, then again before the movie started, and when the credits began and people began to leave they stopped them and told them to stick around. Weird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    The post credit scene I saw was just silly and really didn't do anything to further things. I don't want to spoil the ending or post credit scene for anyone. There was a lot of clapping at the end and the post credit scene did have people scraping their heads just because of the buildup by the studio people. They told us while we walked in, then again before the movie started, and when the credits began and people began to leave they stopped them and told them to stick around. Weird.
    That is weird.

Between the stunt you describe and the number of folks seeing the movie for free, it doesn’t feel like this movie is going to perform well at the box office.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    That is weird.

Between the stunt you describe and the number of folks seeing the movie for free, it doesn’t feel like this movie is going to perform well at the box office.
    I hope it does do well. I went in with none to little expectations and was very happy I saw it. I'd pay to see it again.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That is weird.

I don't know, movies often do test screenings we just don't hear about it so it most likely won't hurt the box office.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know, movies often do test screenings we just don't hear about it so it most likely won't hurt the box office.
    I'm not an avid movie-goer, so I don't keep up much with what or when something is coming out. It has to be really marketed and promoted well for me to know.

While I've always known of advance screenings, I've never known how folks knew about them or gone to one. Until now. For some reason, this advance screening was "thrust" at me. Then once I went, I decided to google around and saw just how many offering across the country there are. There is a ton!

We'll see how things go next week!

Just got out of the movie and I'm not sure why I had even a sliver of hope.

Maybe one day we'll get a true Flash movie, but I had a better time watching the finale of the TV show than this. Also, I like Gustin's Barry better because he reminds me of Barry from the silver age comics. Miller's Barry is just a headache of nerd tropes.

And as for the "importance" of this movie for the rest of the new DC films, I mostly feel threatened rather than excited.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post

Maybe one day we'll get a true Flash movie, but I had a better time watching the finale of the TV show than this. Also, I like Gustin's Barry better because he reminds me of Barry from the silver age comics. Miller's Barry is just a headache of nerd tropes.
    Yeah. It's like they took the Barry Allen story but inserted the Bart Allen/Impulse personality.

Yeah. It's like they took the Barry Allen story but inserted the Bart Allen/Impulse personality.
    This. I haven't seen the movie, of course. My interest is whether it's going to rewrite the history of the movies. This seems a waste except it would allow them to make a new Superman movie from scratch. But I far prefer the Grant Gustin Flash and also think movie Barry is just Bart Allen with his name changed.
    Power with Girl is better.

Gustin's Barry got a lot of Wally comparisons when the show began and that makes sense because of the storylines they used; stuff like the development of the speed force and Flash working with a team were major aspects lifted from Wally's era, but focusing just on the performance, Gustin's Barry to me is a good combination of pre-Crisis Barry and New 52 Barry. The big thing for me is the voice. He speaks in a deeper tone than Ezra's Barry and with a lot of emphasis, he just comes off as more heroic. Since Wally and Bart are younger characters it makes sense for them to be portrayed as a tad awkward, nerdy, or insecure in media, but for Barry that characterization just does not work for me. Gustin is authoritative and captivating to watch, Ezra just makes me groan.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

It was ok. Not the best. Not the worst. One of the best DCEU movies.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'll give a more extensive review tomorrow. Right now I'd say that I started out being really impressed with the film and pleasantly surprised by Ezra's Barry, as well as the all-too-brief glimpse into what a shared DCEU could have looked like, and I enjoyed much of the action. But the plot slows down for a big stretch of the movie, and the ending doesn't quite stick the landing in terms of satisfaction. The nostalgic elements also didn't quite land for me and felt a bit rushed at times. Some real highlights, and overall a decent entertaining film, but one that could have been much better with some tweaking.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Saw it last night. Couple things I didn't like about the movie and things I felt were done dirty to a couple characters. The Post Cred Scene didn't do anything for me and felt unnecessary

I also saw it last night. I don't think it was bad and found it pretty entertaining, but I have a hard time believing your average movie-goer will even know what to do with this.

**No spoilers that weren't in the trailers**
    There were a lot of weird parts, a strange amount of language and nudity for a superhero movie, odd humor... I thought the movie had a serious tone problem, but honestly it may just be that the tone was "weird." Somehow it jumbles along, but I really don't know what to make of the movie's attempts at humor.
    I've never really liked Miller's Flash, and at the beginning of hte movie I again found him annoying, but in contrast to the other version of Flash, I really began to like how Barry was played in this movie, getting more into the gravity of the situation. It was hard to reconcile this serious Barry with the "Dyostoyevsky!" Flash of the Justice League, but I liked the change. Honestly, the juxtaposition probably really helped the character.

Also, while the inclusion of Keaton was definitely a nod to fans, I felt like he melded well into the story... plus, it's more like Flashpoint that way, anyway. I liked Supergirl a lot... I don't know if I'd need to see her in her own movie, because this Supergirl is quite different just like "Project Superman" was different, but I liked her in this movie.

I felt like the third act was a bit confusing but actually pulled a lot of things together, and it ended pretty well. I think they did almost the best job they could explaining the multiverse as it stands in comics. I appreciated that they were really trying to reference the source material. It didn't help that they were also trying to reference the last 60+ years of media.

Overall, I think it was probably about as good as a Marvel Phase 4 movie, and definitely more memorable than Ant-Man 3 or Multiverse of Madness. I know that might not sound like it's saying a lot, but that's not bad for a DC movie these days. I'd give a 6/10.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It was ok. Not the best. Not the worst. One of the best DCEU movies.
    Well that's a LOW bar...

I love the director saying that the cgi was meant to be dog poo, it was MEANT to be like that, you peons! Sure, that's how cgi looks from the Flash's perspective. Yep, I totally buy that, instead of the unreasonable thought that perhaps WB pulled the money plug at some point before the final renders and they were forced to go with unfinished FX as a result. Yep, that's not likely; instead, they planned it that way.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-16-2023 at 08:16 AM.