Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of amazed the actor for Barry Allen keeps getting arrested. In Hawaii.
    What, you never watched Hawaii Five O?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The film got pushed back to next June. WB has given itself plenty of time to recast and reshoot the film.
    Yeah, but would it be worth the cost? Bloated budget and reshoots might eat into profits even further - or just make the losses worse. Best to just release it as is, quietly recast afterwards, and pray to whoever it is WB pray to. I used to think it was the All Mighty Dollar, but you'd think they'd be smarter about making money if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It would be easy to recast Erza Miller with Grant Gustin considering the quick scene they did on the Flash show. The two characters are aware of each other and they could just pull Grant's version in the movie universe. Say that Erza's Flash died or got sent to another universe for X reason. The Flash show is ending soon anyway, so this would be a good time for Grant to transition.

Also, also gonna root for people that's from my hometown area of Virginia ( Norfolk). Grant went to high school with one of my friends and another took some acting classes with him not long before he got cast as The Flash on the CW show. Another friend actually works with his dad as well and speaks highly of both Grant and his dad.
    I like Grant Gustin, but I'd rather he not be the movie Flash as well as the tv one. Hire anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but would it be worth the cost? Bloated budget and reshoots might eat into profits even further - or just make the losses worse. Best to just release it as is, quietly recast afterwards, and pray to whoever it is WB pray to. I used to think it was the All Mighty Dollar, but you'd think they'd be smarter about making money if it was.
    Plus there's precedent here they might want to avoid. If they reshoot Flash, they have to make back the money that went into the reshoot, AND make back the money that went into the original, unreleased Flash with Miller. This famously happened with Superman Returns, when it had to recoup its own production costs as well as the production costs of the Tim Burton Superman movie with Nic Cage. It was only, what, 60% finished and Superman Returns still had to recoup both (its own + Burton's), this would have to do the same. In fact it would be worse since the movie is already completed. 60% was impossible to clear, 100% wouldn't be easier.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I like Grant Gustin, but I'd rather he not be the movie Flash as well as the tv one. Hire anyone else.
    I don't think Grant is good enough to be a movie actor. Nothing I've of him on the Flash show makes me want to see him as the movie Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Plus there's precedent here they might want to avoid. If they reshoot Flash, they have to make back the money that went into the reshoot, AND make back the money that went into the original, unreleased Flash with Miller. This famously happened with Superman Returns, when it had to recoup its own production costs as well as the production costs of the Tim Burton Superman movie with Nic Cage. It was only, what, 60% finished and Superman Returns still had to recoup both (its own + Burton's), this would have to do the same. In fact it would be worse since the movie is already completed. 60% was impossible to clear, 100% wouldn't be easier.
    Thing is Erza's mental state is not good. If something worse happens WB might be forced to remove him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Thing is Erza's mental state is not good. If something worse happens WB might be forced to remove him anyway.
    Yes but after the fact. Remaking the entire movie with a recast is out of the question. I think other folks' idea of doing a mid or after credit scene where when Flashpoint is reset back to normal a side effect is Barry looks different is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Grant is good enough to be a movie actor. Nothing I've of him on the Flash show makes me want to see him as the movie Flash.
    What I've seen of him on The Flash show makes me think he'd be a good movie Flash.

Not that I think he ever would be, mind you...

What I've seen of him on The Flash show makes me think he'd be a good movie Flash.

Not that I think he ever would be, mind you...
    Why would he turn it down?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hopefully they'll never offer it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He's played The Flash for 8, coming to 9, seasons now and the general consensus is he's probably ready to hang up the scarlet tights.

He's played The Flash for 8, coming to 9, seasons now and the general consensus is he's probably ready to hang up the scarlet tights.
    For that kinda money though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Johnny Depp lost a court case against The Sun because the judge came to the conclusion that Heard's allegations are the truth, therefore allowing the newspaper to call him a wifebeater, so surely it was more than just tweets that got him fired, don't you think?
    The point is that Depp was never charged with anything, whereas Miller was. I'm not saying Depp was innocent, simply that there is roughly as much, if not more, evidence against Miller at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Ezra Miller Arrested AGAIN in Hawaii, Fired from The Flash? Will Smith, Johnny Depp Comparisons

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed. You'd have to remount production, pay additional money in rehiring cast and crew, redo promotional material, redo effects from the ground up etc. It just isn't cost effective to reshoot it now. I guess they could just shoot another actor against green screen and digitally insert them into pre-existing shots... but does anyone want that?

No. Best to do as you suggested. Reshoot another, singular scene with another actor taking over as the flashpoint resets.