Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    There are different kinds of grooming. The one people automatically think of is an adult shaping an underage person to be a future sexual partner. But the original meaning of the term was larger. Meaning, it could apply to teachers and media shaping a child's sexual values. And even in topics that aren't sexual in nature, can constitute grooming via indoctrination. Or grooming someone to be be in a role, which can be harmless if you're speaking about an employ groomed to be CEO. But, the phrase has many uses. I mean, in the final season of Clone Wars, Maul mentions that Anakin Skywalker has been groomed to be the new apprentice of Palpatine. So, I wouldn't say that the term is misused en masse. Rather, people are discussing grooming into sexual mores and the reaction to said labelling is acting as if it's grooming a future sexual partner.

But onto this specific circumstance. It is clear that the parents were very irresponsible with their daughter. They are activists and let her become an activist at age 9. They let her hang with famous people who travelled to Standing Rock to protest and let her go overseas with them. Which isn't to say that their claims are not credible. I would say that regardless of how it happened, they are more likely to be credible. Given the actor's history and the fact that he and the family are very much in the same boat with regard to politics. And her Instagram response is hardly proof that their charges are untrue. Moreover, it's proof that some guiding force turned her against her parents. Put that together with the apparent fact that he's on the run. We shall see what happens.
    Teachers and media shaping a child's sexual values

The American right has completely messed up and misused the term grooming all while real sexual abuse is being ignored by them.

The American right has basically used it to attack LGBTIQ teachers to appeal to the bigoted for votes (which has always been the GOPs strategy). And that's why I don't use the word "grooming" lightly at all.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://lastrealindians.com/news/202...oomed-my-niece

This is very ugly.

Very, very ugly.
    Ezra definitely qualifies as a groomer with all of this laid out. It just sucks that the worst kind of people are already latching onto this as "proof" that LGBT people as a whole are inherently groomers, and not the simple truth that predators can exist in every group from all walks of life.

Hopefully this ends before it's too late. As in before Tokata loses their life

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ezra definitely qualifies as a groomer with all of this laid out. It just sucks that the worst kind of people are already latching onto this as "proof" that LGBT people as a whole are inherently groomers, and not the simple truth that predators can exist in every group from all walks of life.

Hopefully this ends before it's too late. As in before Tokata loses their life
    That's the problem, a lot of people are going to start using Miller as an example of non-binary people being groomers.

That being said, if what is stated in the article is true, then Miller has actually beyond just grooming.

Ultimate Member

Unfortunately, I have to go back to a sentiment that many expressed a long time when Miller was announced as Barry Allen. It was stunt-casting and now it's stunt-casting that's gone horribly wrong.

Miller made their name by playing troubled, disturbed, and darker characters. Quite clearly not unlike his real-life persona; nothing about them fit Barry Allen at all.

That's not to say that actors that play dark characters are all troubled or that such actors can't play different kinds of roles, just that Miller's resume didn't really have anything in it that suggested he would be a good Barry Allen.

How WB is going to handle this sh!t show is totally beyond me. I'll be very surprised if the movie ends up getting released because Miller's troubles are just starting and will likely be in the news for months or years to come.

Honestly at this point I think it would be a waste of money to invest in marketing and it's too costly to reshoot Miller out or shelve it. Also the film given it's premise seems like the lynch pin for the DCEU going forward. So I feel they have one option take the L and forsake the box office and drop it on HBOMAX as an exclusive.

Grant morrison says ezra was a great guy but out of the blue just cut himself off with everyone in hollywood he knew!

I know they’ve had these problems. I haven’t spoken to them for a while, and the last time I spoke was long, long before this. All I can say is that it’s just not the person I know. I’ve heard stories just like everyone else. I just don’t know. Ezra cut off contact from pretty much everyone for a while. It’s not the person they were. They weren’t aggressive in any way. I just thought Ezra was a super-intelligent kid with so many talents. So all I can say is that I didn’t see that side in any way with them.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...erman-1367662/

Also he wrote a script for the flash film and was rejected as it was a flash story and WB didn't want a flash story!

BANNED

DC has a lot of glorious options to choose from. They should axe this movie and make a new movie from the scratch. Ezra Miller is Not worth all this drama.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly at this point I think it would be a waste of money to invest in marketing and it's too costly to reshoot Miller out or shelve it. Also the film given it's premise seems like the lynch pin for the DCEU going forward. So I feel they have one option take the L and forsake the box office and drop it on HBOMAX as an exclusive.
    The bolded is probably why WB hasn't just shelved the entire project. It's supposed to be the dawn of the "new" DCEU.

But as you pointed out, WB might just have to take the hit and dump the movie straight to streaming.

It's going to be impossible to promote the movie with Ezra Miller at this point.

Retired

Can't they just sell it for parts? There's probably some legal reason studios don't do this anymore. If they could then, it seems to me, it'd be better to declare it a write-off and sell parts of the films for use in-house or to third parties--maybe also props and sets could be auctioned off.

If it's a bad movie that's going to leave a stink on their brand, then I would think dumping it on streaming would cost them more than they would gain.

In the past T.V. shows reused footage, sets and props from previous productions. TIME TUNNEL did this every episode. Productions that never made it to a theatrical release or a series were cannibalized for other movies and shows.

The idea that they have to put out this movie to explain why they've changed direction doesn't make sense. They've never had a problem changing direction in the past. Audiences are not going to be confused if someone else gets cast as Superman or Batman in a new movie.

The one selling point they had was the Multiverse, which now Marvel has already exploited. I don't think it will be enough to have Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck in the same movie, because the star of the picture is too much of a distraction.

Just shut it down and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If it's a bad movie that's going to leave a stink on their brand, then I would think dumping it on streaming would cost them more than they would gain.
    Except for all appearances it's actually not a bad movie - all the audience previews have been very good. It's just got an actor who has lost their freaking mind.

The Flash's Ezra Miller Deletes Instagram After Posting Memes Mocking Court's Attempt to Find Them

At this point, I think the only choices WB has is to either dump the movie on HBOMax and take the loss, or release in theaters, but focus the advertising on everything BUT The Flash. "Coming next summer.... Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck, Kiersey Clemons, Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon in... The Flash! also featuring Ezra Miller"

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The Flash's Ezra Miller Deletes Instagram After Posting Memes Mocking Court's Attempt to Find Them

At this point, I think the only choices WB has is to either dump the movie on HBOMax and take the loss, or release in theaters, but focus the advertising on everything BUT The Flash. "Coming next summer.... Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck, Kiersey Clemons, Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon in... The Flash! also featuring Ezra Miller"
    They might change the title at this rate...

Batman flashpoint.

Feel sorry for everyone else involved in the film. Girl playing supergirl was so excited to be in the film and this has overshadowed everything.

Ironic a rumor the trailer was going to drop soon hit yesterday before this all broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Batman flashpoint.
    Batman and Supergirl: Dynamic Duo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batman and Supergirl: Dynamic Duo
    World's Finest: Batman and Supergirl

Also starring The Flash.