Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I personally don't see meny people talking about it in person or online.
    Ezra Miller isn't even close to a household name. But this story is dark enough to seriously trouble the movie. Grooming a minor? Running a little cult? Documented acts of violence, against women, no less! They can't do a press tour for this movie now. I don't see them putting out action figures with Ezra's likeness now.

They've probably spent too much on the movie to just bury it. But maybe it just gets quietly dumped onto HBO Max. And/or maybe they rename it Batman: Flashpoint and make some edits and cheap additions to justify it.

Amber Heard on her own would is no household name either. Don't expect to see her out promoting Aquaman 2. It's quite possible they reduce her role somewhat in the movie itself, but especially in the promotion. Luckily, she isn't the title character, so she's easier to work around when it comes to promoting the movie.
    Last edited by Jared; 09-21-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It's shocking what a good PR campaign can bury and WBD seems determined to bury this.
    Does mean that they will succeed. Miller's legal situation will always be the elephant in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Presumably being signed on for more DC projects. while WBD tries to distract us from the question of why he wasn't fired and convince us that we're awful people for wanting accountability and justice for his victims.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/i...sh-1235402681/

“While I don’t support people jumping to immediate conclusions and I think it’s entirely fair for investigations to happen, I think it’s extremely important to, like the mantra says, ‘Listen to women,’” Rae told Elle. “I’m gonna be real, the stuff that’s happening with Ezra Miller is, to me, a microcosm of Hollywood. There’s this person who’s a repeat offender, who’s been behaving atrociously, and as opposed to shutting them down and shutting the production down, there’s an effort to save the movie and them.”

“That is a clear example of the lengths that Hollywood will go to to save itself and to protect offenders,” Rae continued. “So, don’t do that, and women may be able to thrive. They won’t have to live in fear of keeping silent because it’ll ruin their careers. It’s just a constant pattern of abuse that’ll only persist if Hollywood continues to insist on being this way.”
    Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I'm curious if they'll really stick by Ezra once the movie rolls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’d hazard a guess that how well the movie does financially will be a factor.

The PR they've been doing sure makes it feel like they're trying to sweep it all under the rug so they can keep him. As pointed out before, it wouldn't be the first time the industry protected someone in the name of good business.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The PR they've been doing sure makes it feel like they're trying to sweep it all under the rug so they can keep him. As pointed out before, it wouldn't be the first time the industry protected someone in the name of good business.
    All depending on if it ends up being good business...

All depending on if it ends up being good business...
    Sure. I suspect they're hedging their bets in the event that the movie is a success.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So...Trial of the Flash, anyone?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's already a script for a sequel film

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-fla...tagram,twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's already a script for a sequel film

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-fla...tagram,twitter
    WB hedging their bets...unless the sequel story justifies the recasting or does a Trial of the Flash type story.

Flash runs to June 16! Same day as pixars elementals, week after transformers and two weeks after spider-verse with the same multiverse plot getting released first and three weeks before indy 5!

Next summer's going to be packed!

So, flash will have to fight spider-man, pixar and optimus prime opening day and indy 5 two weeks later!

No pressure.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/the-fla...ne-1235190095/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-05-2022 at 08:36 PM.