Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

I guess george clooney batman is in this?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I guess george clooney batman is in this?!
    Don't know. All I've heard is that if they had a live action DC hero, they might be in it. Fan service in a good way is how it sounds.

Spectacular Member

I was invited to the preview for tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not going to get into the Ezra behind the scenes nonsense. I wasn't looking forward to this but some of the scenes in the trailers make it look interesting to me. It's also free tickets so glad I'm not having to pay for it in case it is terrible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    I was invited to the preview for tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not going to get into the Ezra behind the scenes nonsense. I wasn't looking forward to this but some of the scenes in the trailers make it look interesting to me. It's also free tickets so glad I'm not having to pay for it in case it is terrible.
    I just saw it for free also last weekend. Apparently, there have been quite a few free advance screenings in several locations. You think that would impact the box office when it officially debuts.

They put out the advance screening isn't the fully finished version, but based on what I saw, I wouldn't pay to see the final version - I don't think there will be much difference between the products.

Guess they are hoping word of mouth from those excited from the screening will result in a massive bump at the box office - we shall see.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I just saw it for free also last weekend. Apparently, there have been quite a few free advance screenings in several locations. You think that would impact the box office when it officially debuts.

They put out the advance screening isn't the fully finished version, but based on what I saw, I wouldn't pay to see the final version - I don't think there will be much difference between the products.

Guess they are hoping word of mouth from those excited from the screening will result in a massive bump at the box office - we shall see.
    Just saw it in NYC. Amazing! The DCEU finally has a great superhero movie! Miller was really really great in it. It's a shame that Miller's issues are clouding it over.

Baby Shower!
    Last edited by Nathaniel Gray; 06-08-2023 at 03:09 AM.

Incredible Member

Just saw it in NYC. Amazing! The DCU finally has a great superhero movie! Miller was really really great in it. It's a shame that Miller's issues are clouding it over.

Baby Shower!
    I really didn't care much for Miller. He was ok, he plays the role how he's told to do it, but they really play the Flash hard as comedy relief, unsure of himself, and incompetent and immature at times. It's good for laughs, most at his expense. Batman (all versions) and the other cameos provide the bulk of the excitement, at least for me.

Spectacular Member

I really didn't care much for Miller. He was ok, he plays the role how he's told to do it, but they really play the Flash hard as comedy relief, unsure of himself, and incompetent and immature at times. It's good for laughs, most at his expense. Batman (all versions) and the other cameos provide the bulk of the excitement, at least for me.
    I'll disagree with you there. I believe they corrected Barry. I feel that there was a growth of the character by the end. Barry himself sees how annoying he is in his younger self. If the movie is a big success Ezra will come back and the character will still have quirks, but will have matured. It would be a shame if the movie does not do well due to Ezra - a lot of people worked together to bring that movie together and I hope people go into it remembering that this was the work of many, many people. I haven't clapped or seen people clap during and after a movie in a very long time and I didn't hear anyone say it was bad on the way out. All I heard from the audience was how good it is. I also enjoyed the strong, quiet take on Supergirl.

Did you like the film?

Ezra to attend premiere. Press not allowed to talk or interview him! A big movie premiere where the main star is not allowed to be interviewed or talked to by the press?

https://etcanada.com/news/997038/ezr...ak-with-press/

Incredible Member

Did you like the film?
    Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay...I liked tha Batman parts and some of the cameos. I didn't care much for the actual story and some of the special effects didn't work for me, especially the depection of travelling through time and the viewing of multiple unverses.

If the movie is a big success Ezra will come back
    No, that is not happening. Doesn't matter if the film is a success or a bomb, after the difficulties he gave WB as a complete PR nightmare, they are not ever putting him back in the role of Flash. Honestly this might have been bad enough to make him seen as too hazardous a problem for any big studio to want for several years. And in Hollywood, a few years being considered toxic and untouchable can be a death sentence to an acting career.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This is super interesting. I just got back from a press preview of the Flash but it was a work in progress version. I really liked it, in very short, with a few relatively minor reservations (mostly Miller's casting) but I never saw any credit scenes or George Clooney. And some of the effects were clearly not finished yet. I'm sure there's no difference with the bulk of it, but it seems like the ending changed and the mid-credits are pretty important. Very interested to see it again when the proper version is released.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay...I liked tha Batman parts and some of the cameos. I didn't care much for the actual story and some of the special effects didn't work for me, especially the depection of travelling through time and the viewing of multiple unverses.
    See, I was actually impressed with the story. It's impressively contained and well controlled considering what it's about and is grounded in really solid human stakes.

But Miller has always been miscast and his personal issues haven't helped him feel less... creepy.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    See, I was actually impressed with the story. It's impressively contained and well controlled considering what it's about and is grounded in really solid human stakes.

But Miller has always been miscast and his personal issues haven't helped him feel less... creepy.
    I think a part of my issue with the story is seeing a lot of it play out in the CW tv show, in terms of time barriers, multiple worlds, etc. While not exact, there are more similarities than differences minus the Batman stuff. Actually if you replace Batman with Oliver Queen, it becomes even more similar.

I think a part of my issue with the story is seeing a lot of it play out in the CW tv show, in terms of time barriers, multiple worlds, etc. While not exact, there are more similarities than differences minus the Batman stuff. Actually if you replace Batman with Oliver Queen, it becomes even more similar.
    Sure, but once they gave Barry the dead mom origin, it sort of became his story. And while I hate it in the comics (especially the whole Reverse Flash can change time with no repercussions but Barry can't thing that never made a lick of sense), it has worked both in the show and the movie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This is super interesting. I just got back from a press preview of the Flash but it was a work in progress version. I really liked it, in very short, with a few relatively minor reservations (mostly Miller's casting) but I never saw any credit scenes or George Clooney. And some of the effects were clearly not finished yet. I'm sure there's no difference with the bulk of it, but it seems like the ending changed and the mid-credits are pretty important. Very interested to see it again when the proper version is released.
    I think we saw two different versions. The mid credits scene we saw was not very important, but the people from the studio kept telling everyone to stay for it and I may have seen things you did not see ��