Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I liked The Flash overall but Calle's performance to me was adequate. Did a good job but nothing exceptional for me. Maybe she can get another role in the Gunn universe. Manhunter? Kate Spencer?
    I'd prefer her as Raven in the Gunn universe.. If she is introduced as a key character of a JLD movie(still holding out hope it happens).Seems like a longshot, but with this movie's time-stream and parallel world mechanics, it could definitely fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'd prefer her as Raven in the Gunn universe.. If she is introduced as a key character of a JLD movie(still holding out hope it happens).Seems like a longshot, but with this movie's time-stream and parallel world mechanics, it could definitely fit.
    I don’t see her as Raven but it would be cool if Gunn casts her in a new role. Kind of a conciliation for The Flash disaster.

I could see Calle as Hawkgirl (Kendra)

Default I think the Flash was totally ruined by the 3rd act.

Everything else before the 3rd act was fine, all the new characters, plot, pace and humor.

But the last fight kinda left a lot of plotholes and was super unconvincing.

Ok Kara could beat Zod in round one, only got ambushed, why couldn't she do it in the 2nd round? The flash duo could kill off Kryptonians, why can't they stop Zod? Barry gave up after 2 tries, he said why but it was very unconvincing.

They could just show ppl "it's impossible to fight off the Kryptonians" rather than suddenly insert that "the world will die". We got very inconsistent plot and power showing.

Then the world was just gone, all the build up, all the likeable characters were gone, and it was like nothing happened. The audience just got no relief from it. That's very bad storytelling.

Zod, like Shannon has said, was nothing but a tool to fight, he doesn't have any development, same with the other Kryptonians. If they just want to focus on Barry's own problem, they shouldn't have brought up the Krptonians, use someone like Reverse Flash.

Also we got Wonder Woman, Faora and Supergirl in one movie but no fight between them, that sucks.

Have to disagree the 1st act was the worst for me. Bad CGI Babies annoying Barry then we get a 2nd Barry who is even more annoying. The only credit I'll give it once 1st Barry saw how annoying 2nd Barry was, he toned it down and became bearable and even somewhat likeable by the end.

I still don't get the thing about the chi baby's they are like a 5 minutes of the movie who cares it's like the superman lip thing sure it looks bad but it's barely in the movie.

Niffleheim

I haven't watched the movie yet but I keep seeing this scene of Barry putting the baby in the microwave being mocked on social media? Why is that?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Everything else before the 3rd act was fine, all the new characters, plot, pace and humor.

But the last fight kinda left a lot of plotholes and was super unconvincing.

Ok Kara could beat Zod in round one, only got ambushed, why couldn't she do it in the 2nd round? The flash duo could kill off Kryptonians, why can't they stop Zod? Barry gave up after 2 tries, he said why but it was very unconvincing.

They could just show ppl "it's impossible to fight off the Kryptonians" rather than suddenly insert that "the world will die". We got very inconsistent plot and power showing.

Then the world was just gone, all the build up, all the likeable characters were gone, and it was like nothing happened. The audience just got no relief from it. That's very bad storytelling.

Zod, like Shannon has said, was nothing but a tool to fight, he doesn't have any development, same with the other Kryptonians. If they just want to focus on Barry's own problem, they shouldn't have brought up the Krptonians, use someone like Reverse Flash.

Also we got Wonder Woman, Faora and Supergirl in one movie but no fight between them, that sucks.
    I had a problem with the third act as well. The second act of the movie was amazing. The babies thing was weird but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

However, that ending was weird and all those characters being stuck in a "death loop" wasn't exactly satisfying (especially since there were rumors the ending was changed).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I had a problem with the third act as well. The second act of the movie was amazing. The babies thing was weird but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

However, that ending was weird and all those characters being stuck in a "death loop" wasn't exactly satisfying (especially since there were rumors the ending was changed).
    Yeah, the babies scene was dumb but not a huge deal, Supergirl could have more personal struggle to make her decision as well.

But overall 70% of the movie was fine, the last part was a big letdown.

It would have been a lot more convincing if they show the Kryptonians are super powerful it's impossible to fight them off(and they should be like that). Instead of " no it's fixed point".
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 11-14-2023 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The First Act was also a total mess. The CGI in the hospital scene was practically unwatchable. But at least the story was straight forward and Batfleck saved it.

I'll agree the Third Act was the worst. There was absolutely no direction with the story, fight, and more cringe CGI.

I can't recall seeing a movie where I thought the main character was the least liked (actor being a douchebag in real life doesn't help) but I found Barry Allen so annoying. The current one was bad but the younger one took it to a completely new level.

Overall, the Batmen made this movie for me. Zod and Supergirl also did a good job too.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-14-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I can't recall seeing a movie where I thought the main character was the least liked (actor being a douchebag in real life doesn't help) but I found Barry Allen so annoying. The current one was bad but the younger one took it to a completely new level.
    Because the whole time travel plot, the climax wasn't written well, thus both Barry didn't get the development they should have received.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I still don't get the thing about the chi baby's they are like a 5 minutes of the movie who cares it's like the superman lip thing sure it looks bad but it's barely in the movie.
    Because it was a stupid scene besides looking bad. It set the tone this was going to be rough.

The only 2 saving graces this film had for me were Keaton's Batman and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The only 2 saving graces this film had for me were Keaton's Batman and Supergirl.
    And the movie decided to just write them off without giving a convincing ending to their world/character, that sucks.

I think Affleck's Batman was ok, Gadot was good, glad to see Faora but she shouldn't get killed so easily.