Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
    Retired

I've said before that I liked the movie. I could see the sense in why they did things the way they did. I grant there was stuff left on the cutting room floor, on account of David Zaslav, but I can't hold that against anyone involved in the making of the actual movie. They can't help it that their boss is a dit. As it stands, for me, it's a nice farewell to the Snyderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I haven't watched the movie yet but I keep seeing this scene of Barry putting the baby in the microwave being mocked on social media? Why is that?
    I think mostly because you shouldn't (normally) put babies in microwaves, and there are a lot of dark-humor jokes about doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've said before that I liked the movie. I could see the sense in why they did things the way they did. I grant there was stuff left on the cutting room floor, on account of David Zaslav, but I can't hold that against anyone involved in the making of the actual movie. They can't help it that their boss is a dit. As it stands, for me, it's a nice farewell to the Snyderverse.
    I feel bad for the cast, even if this is their last dance, they deserve something better. Not just this movie, but the whole DCEU.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I think mostly because you shouldn't (normally) put babies in microwaves, and there are a lot of dark-humor jokes about doing so.
    Definitely but I was expecting something more because of the repeated mocking lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Definitely but I was expecting something more because of the repeated mocking lol!
    If anyone knows how to beat a dead horse, it's "the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. Flash was a great sendoff to the current era before the Gunnverse takes over.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Because it was a stupid scene besides looking bad. It set the tone this was going to be rough.
    Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. Flash was a great sendoff to the current era before the Gunnverse takes over.
    The last act wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Have to disagree the 1st act was the worst for me. Bad CGI Babies annoying Barry then we get a 2nd Barry who is even more annoying. The only credit I'll give it once 1st Barry saw how annoying 2nd Barry was, he toned it down and became bearable and even somewhat likeable by the end.
    Hmmmm...Character development...Why would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Hmmmm...Character development...Why would they do that?
    Except if you're spending an hour with a character who is annoying only for him to realize he's annoying once you start spending time with another character who is even more annoying. I will never watch the 1st hour of that movie again as far as I'm concerned that film starts when Michael Keaton is introduced. I love both TV Barry's but movie Barry is the JarJar Binks of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    The last act wasn't good enough.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and the performances of all involved. Clooney was a weird cameo, but fitting to end the DCEU on a WTF moment.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-15-2023 at 11:13 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Retired

I'm not an expert on effects--I see people complaining about C.G.I., so they must have some expertise in that area. To me this is the kind of critique that's too easy to make--because who is going to say you're wrong--you see things the way you see them. If I'm going to critique a movie, I want to talk about other things besides the effects.

But if we must talk about effects, I think the effects work was justified for the story they were telling.

If they made the babies look realistic, it would be too real and make us worried for these poor babies. But by making it cartoonish, we can watch it with some detachment, knowing that no actual babies (or animals) were harmed in the filming of this scene--it's simply a funny cartoon action scene, don't clutch your pearls.

Everything viewed from inside the Speed Force is distorted. This also allows them to use footage of varying quality that doesn't have to be perfect, because it's being viewed through a dimensional prism.

Conversely, I completely forgot that the scenes involving two different actors were actually being played by the same actor. It went out of my head entirely. I just saw these two guys bouncing off each other in scenes. I also completely forgot about the actor's baggage in the real world. I was fully immersed in the movie.

I don't know if that means the effects work was good. I only know that I enjoyed what I saw.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I feel bad for the cast, even if this is their last dance, they deserve something better. Not just this movie, but the whole DCEU.
    I hated the ending. That's the way they decided to end the DCU? It was a total cluster$%^

P!ssed off with how they disrespected Cavill and Affleck. I personally don't see them casting a better Superman. Keaton was my favorite Batman of all time but Affleck is a solid second

The one that suprised me the most (in a good way) was Sasha Calle's Supergirl. When I first saw the promo I was skeptical. Never saw this actress before and rolled my eyes when she was beating up Zod

But I'll admit I was totally wrong. I thought she did great as Supergirl. The raw passion from her performance (disappointment with humanity, rage at Kal's Fate) and overall delivery. I also ran into two interviews she did and I have two words to describe her...Total Sweetheart. She seems like a genuinely cool person and I wish her nothing but the best.

I generally prefer DC Heroes over Marvel but WB definitely deserves the hole they dug themselves into.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-16-2023 at 10:42 AM.

It wasn't a Flash movie, there was no love for Flash or his mythology. The weakest version of Flashpoint and the dead mom storyline ever put to screen. Time travel nonsense, no rogues, two seconds of Iris West, 2 Batmen and a Supergirl, a sloppily tacked together ending, Flash season 3 tier villain. There is taking liberties with adapting a character and there is straight up butchering and assassinating a character. This movie is bleak, hallucinogenic garbage, full of misery and actors who don't want to be there, jabbering plot exposition that barely makes sense, references and easter eggs to pop culture, movies, and DC mythology, it can barely be called a movie. So many elements are forced and manipulative, and the way they tried to turn all of the mess into some kind of sentimental heartfelt message at the end was just ridiculous and offensive. Ezra Miller can't act, so we get CGI tears, and that's symbolic of the entire film.

Barry Allen, a character rich with potential, whose pre-crisis solo title ranks among the BEST of all his contemporaries, a series with real maturity and character development, and absolutely epic stories. A character who literally becomes an icon, a mythological figure, an inspiration to those who followed in his footsteps. A real embodiment of heroism and the best thing for me is that he was a hero NOT borne from tragedy. This was done away when Rebirth and later Flashpoint came out, but even after there were still people coming along writing some great Barry stories. I liked a lot of the Flash TV show. Gustin carried that thing on his damn back. He wasn't the goofy wisecracking version of Flash. He spoke in a deep and authoratative tone just like how I always read Barry back in the day, and he could tap in to a range of a emotions, and when the show got a little goofier, he maintained a balance between being lighthearted and serious. The writing got plain bad but the show was still worth watching for Gustin and his portrayal of Barry.

John Wesley Shipp, also great.

We can always expect liberties to be taken, but why not learn from what works? Why not see what fans actually want? It boggles my mind that people can accept this as a Flash movie and not a complete parody. Batman and Supergirl being in it shows that they do not trust the Flash to carry his own film, and that doesn't make sense, there is BOATLOADS of material, and that's just pre-Crisis (which is the BEST Barry you will ever find) . Why even make this movie if it's just going to be a complete frankenstien's monster of 1000 different things, only a handful being stuff from the Flash comics? At that point, who is the movie for?

I don't know how fans can get studios to lose their cynicism toward comic books but whether it's Marvel, DC, or something else, it is largely a problem across the board, and this film is arguably the most egregious example.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I hated the ending. That's the way they decided to end the DCU? It was a total cluster$%^

P!ssed off with how they disrespected Cavill and Affleck. I personally don't see them casting a better Superman. Keaton was my favorite Batman of all time but Affleck is a solid second

The one that suprised me the most (in a good way) was Sasha Calle's Supergirl. When I first saw the promo I was skeptical. Never saw this actress before and rolled my eyes when she was beating up Zod

But I'll admit I was totally wrong. I thought she did great as Supergirl. The raw passion from her performance (disappointment with humanity, rage at Kal's Fate) and overall delivery. I also ran into two interviews she did and I have two words to describe her...Total Sweetheart. She seems like a genuinely cool person and I wish her nothing but the best.

I generally prefer DC Heroes over Marvel but WB definitely deserves the hole they dug themselves into.
    Yeah she was ok, but Helen Slater is NO.1 for me, glad to see a cameo despite the bad CGI.

The ending was a big big meh, 70% of the movie was good.