Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Oh so he was having issues on set as well as the public stuff we have heard. Yeah he's going to have to get help before he gets locked up or worse.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's hard not to wonder about WB's vetting process with Ezra. How did he make it this far without the red flags being discovered and acted upon?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Could they maybe replace Ezra Miller with somebody like Shia LaBeouf?

This is pretty surreal for a star of a major Superhero movie and possibly franchise whose movie hasn't even come out yet.

Incredible Member

If they get rid of him; good riddance. WB should’ve dropped him when he assaulted that woman a couple of years ago.

Damn, where does that leave DC now? Cancelling The Flash movie would be very expensive as it's already in post-production.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    He still looks nothing like him and looks too young to play him. I haven't watched the show in awhile so I'll take your word as far as the comic portrayal accuracy is concerned.
    His age is justified in story. Thawne's time travel caused him to get his powers six years early, in 2014 instead of 2020. His age now probably does match the comics Barry when he first got his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It actually depends which side of the pond you're on.

Creating a distinction between male and female descriptors is an older, sexist usage and style guides suggest erasing such distinctions; in the US blond is the suggested form to use regardless of sex in professional writing while in the UK it's blonde for both sexes.
    Yeah, have you noticed how female actors are often not called actresses any more, but just actors the same as their male counterparts? And terms like fireman and policeman were replaced by firefighter and police officer years ago. Gender neutral terminology is the 21st century way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Retired

I use blond for male and blonde for female, because I'm Canadian and I like to use my French as much as possible.

Given the whole point of "Flashpoint," changing the Barry character to another actor wouldn't be that hard storywise. It would cost a lot of money--probably more than removing a moustache--but in for a penny, in for a pound.

There are many movies that studios should have just junked, yet they continued to throw money at them and eventually release them in a doctored form, for legal and financial reasons.

Ezra Miller Arrest Prompts Emergency Warner Bros. Meeting About Star’s Future
    Why does ezra look like a girl in that picture?

Astonishing Member

He's bi. So what. However, acting nutty is relevant. Spiderman survived changes. Lots of Batmen around. Kill him off and find another from multiverse.

So, is he really having "mental health struggles," or is he just a ginormous a-hole?

He's bi. So what.
    Ok. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Damn, where does that leave DC now? Cancelling The Flash movie would be very expensive as it's already in post-production.
    I could see a fair case in releasing the movie but recasting Miller in any followup movies or other Flash appearances; Miller was just one person who worked on the movie and just pulping it would probably affect innocent people involved in the project. That said, I'm having a hard time justifying keeping Miller in the DCEU. That said, I don't think they need to provide an in-universe explanation as to why the actor changed; it sometimes happens and audiences are smart enough to understand.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Why does ezra look like a girl in that picture?
    They’re non-binary.

Ultimate Member

But I’m not surprised WB is pausing Miller’s projects.

Criminal behavior by a lead actor isn’t something that WB Will want to deal with going forward. Especially as Miller seems to be getting worse with his dangerous behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I could see a fair case in releasing the movie but recasting Miller in any followup movies or other Flash appearances; Miller was just one person who worked on the movie and just pulping it would probably affect innocent people involved in the project. That said, I'm having a hard time justifying keeping Miller in the DCEU. That said, I don't think they need to provide an in-universe explanation as to why the actor changed; it sometimes happens and audiences are smart enough to understand.
    But considering he was the lead character who the movie is named for, . . .